Chapter 35

"Have you ever been to the cafe on the corner?" Theo asks me he makes a right turn. "It's just down the road here, I swear it's the best place to go."

I shake my head, never having heard of this place. He gasp in shock, shaking his head as we arrive at the end of the street. He pulls over, a small cafe in front of us. It was small, but looked expensive and really aesthetically pleasing.

The building was made out this dark, oak wood and the furniture was rustic, but colourful. There were plants hanging around the whole place, really bringing everything together. The view was also amazing, as it was looking out at the beach. The vibe was just immaculate.

We walk inside, a fresh pleasant smell lingered in the air. There was a hint of orange that was mixed in with the smell, instantly making me smile. We walk over to the counter, grabbing a menu as we look at what we want.

"I might get the Caesar salad," Theo tells me, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me in closer.

I blush slightly, looking down at the menu. I look over all the options, unsure of which option to choose.

"I might just get the hamburger with a side of fries," I tell him, smiling as he places a kiss on my lip.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The voice was all too familiar.

I look up, staring Nolan in the eyes as he stood behind the counter, giving Theo and I a look. I take a step back, distancing myself from Nolan and Theo. Nolan clears his throat, grabbing a pen and a piece of paper, waiting for us to order.

"Uh... I'll just grab a Caesar salad and the burger with fries." Theo tells him, looking back at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Sure thing," Nolan writes it down. "That'll be about 15. Was that going to be eat in or take away?"

"Take away," he quickly response, catching on to how uncomfortable I was.

Nolan disappears out the back, leaving Theo and I alone again. We go back outside and sit in the car, waiting for our food. We sit in silence, Theo was on his phone and I was staring out at the water. I know Theo wants to ask me what happened in the cafe, but I don't want to have to talk about it, even though I know I need to.

"Back when Hayden and I were dating," I start off, taking a long pause before continuing. "We were about to celebrate our one year anniversary. We were meant to meet at the restaurant, but I decided to surprise her and go to her place. I got there early and went inside, where I caught Hayden cheating on me with Nolan."

I clear my throat, forcing a small laugh as I look over at him. I wish I could say that it didn't hurt me and that I was over it, but I'm not. Seeing Hayden with Nolan, absolutely destroyed me. It still hurts to think about.

"I'm so sorry," Theo whispers, taking my hand in his. "You didn't have to tell me that, I appreciate it."

I smile, looking into his eyes. Suddenly the anger and sadness subsided, now replaced by happiness. Just one look at Theo and my whole mood changes. He's the only person who has ever had this much control over me. Which is scary, really scary, but also somewhat calming.

He kisses my hand, getting out of the car and going back into the cafe. I get out of the car, walking over to the door and waiting for Theo to return. He come out with a bag, grabbing my hand and dragging me across the road.

I look back at the car, confused what Theo was doing. He lets go of my hand, continuing to walk down to the beach. I follow behind me, a smile forming on my face. He finds a spot, placing the food down and sitting down.

"What are you doing?" I ask him, laughing.

"Why not enjoy a delicious meal, with a gorgeous view and a beautiful person," he looks up at me, winking.

He grabs my hand, pulling me towards him. He pulls me towards the ground, giving me a kiss on my way down. I sit in-between his legs, smiling as he wraps his arms around me. He kisses my neck, handing me my burger.

We eat in silence, taking in the view of the beach. There was no one else at the beach, only the birds and Theo and I. It was peaceful and nice, there were no distraction or interruptions. Just the sound of the sea and the birds.

"What do you think?" Theo asks me.

"This is really freaking good," I speak with my mouth full.

"What a perfect day," Theo takes a deep breath in.

We finish off my meals and sit there for a little while. The sun was bright and hot, but it wasn't unbearably hot. It was actually really enjoyable, considering I don't normally leave the house, only for school and the occasional party. Apart from that, I enjoy my alone time at home, where I can draw and be by myself with no judgment.

But when I'm with Theo, I feel like I can be myself, with no judgments. He makes me feel comfortable and like I belong. It's refreshing to feel like that.

"You know," Theo says, standing up. "I'm gonna go swimming."

He looks down at me, grinning. I look at him confused, raising my eyebrows. He takes his shirt off, then his pants and then his socks. He runs out to the ocean, yelling and waving his arms around. I laugh, looking around, shaking my head as Theo enters the water.

I roll my eyes, removing my clothes and following after Theo. I let out a yell, running down to the ocean. I enter the water, surprised by how warm it was. I run in after Theo, slowly catching up to him. I laugh, jumping on top of him, causing the two of us to fall over.

We resurface, laughing as we splash one another. Theo comes over to me, grabbing me by the waist and swinging me around. I laugh, turning around, kissing him. He kisses me back, cupping my face in his hands.

I jump on Theo's back, wrapping myself around him as he continues to walk out. He stops, turning to face the sun. It was now a deep orange, with hints of its once bright, yellow colour. It slowly sets behind the rocks, causing a reflection on top of the water.

"Thank you," Theo whispers, kissing my hand.

I smile, resting my shoulder on his neck as we stand there, watching as the sky slowly drains of its colour.