Chapter 31

I stand there, choosing my next words very carefully. I may have anger issues and it may take a lot of self control to keep myself calm, but I don't want Theo to see me like that. I don't want him to see me lose control like I normally do.

Not yet anyways.

"I'm taking advantage of you?" I ask him, my voice shaky but calm. "You have got to joking right now. From the moment I met you, all you have done is play these mind games with me. One minute you want to be my friend and then we kiss and then you want nothing to do with me, only to hit me up a few days later. You're the one taking advantage, Theo!"

I look back up at the house, watching as people walk in and out. Three girls stand at the top of the driveway, talking and looking down at Theo and I. I turn around, facing them and raising me eyebrows. They look down at me, narrowing their eyes.

"You want to come down here and join or just stand there like a bunch of vultures?" I yell at them, tilting my head slightly.

They look at one another, rolling their eyes and walking back inside. I turn back around to Theo, my body now burning up with anger. He looks down at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I told you to leave me alone, Liam. I told you multiple times, but you just kept coming back! I told you to leave, but you refused to leave me alone!" He yells at me, throwing his hands in the air.

Suddenly everything around us went silent. The only thing I could hear was Theo and I, the music from the house was silent, as were the people inside the house. I felt the rage building inside me, ready to explode.

My face was red, my lip bleeding from me biting it, my knuckles white. I release the pressure from my fist, taking a deep breath in, trying to fight the urge to punch Theo.

"You know, you're right." I tell him, forcefully biting my bottom lip. "I was dumb enough to care about you. I lost sleep over you, I stayed up all night worried about you. I cared more about you, than I did myself. I wasted my time on you, when you never appreciated it... not once. From the moment I met you, I got hurt. Everyday since I met you, I get hurt one way or another."

"Don't even start with that bullshit!" Theo yells, putting his hand in front of my face. "Don't you dare blame me for you getting hurt! You knew what you were getting into, the moment we met. I told you to leave me alone, but like a lost, pathetic fucking puppy, you kept coming back!"

I stand there, stunned by what came out of his mouth. Tears fill my eyes as I look into his eyes. His bright blue eyes, that are so easy to get lost in. I lick the corner of my mouth, looking a the ground as the tears start streaming down my face.

"Okay then," I whisper, running a shaky hand through my hair. "Alright."

I turn around, wiping my tears with the end of my sleeve. I start slowly walking back to the house, watching as people were still entering and exiting the house. I wipe the endless flow of tears that were still streaming down my face.

Suddenly the music comes back to life, everything comes back to life. I hear people laughing and singing, enjoying their night out. And here I am. Crying and having one of the worst nights of my life.

The first night of summer break and I'm already crying and having the worse time of my life. That has got to be a new record for me. Normally it's within the first three weeks that I have a breakdown like this.

I get to the bottom of the driveway, only to be stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I look down at the hand, closing my eyes as I feel his breath on my neck. The tears continue to fall, everything else around me goes silent again.

I turn around, pushing his hand off my shoulder as I look up at him. His bright blue eye, dull and puffy. His nose was red and his cheeks had tear stains on them. I roll my eyes as he looks down at me, opening and closing his mouth as he finds the right words to say.

I fold my arms and look down at the ground, sniffing silently. I know Theo knows that I've been crying, I mean it's pretty obvious, but I don't want him to see me cry. I don't want him to know how much he's hurt me. I can't give him that satisfaction.

"Liam," he whispers, his voice sounding weak and strained. "I didn't mean any of what I just said. I don't know why I said it, but I didn't mean it. I am beyond grateful that you didn't leave, I am so thankful that you kept trying every single day. It was the only thing that kept me going, knowing that I would always have you."

I look up him, watching the tears fall down his soft, broken face. He places his hand on my face, tracing my jawline with his thumb.

"I don't know what it is about you, but I can't seem to get over you. Everyday became more bearable, knowing that I would get to see you." He tells me.

I go to speak, only to be interrupted by Theo.

"All of this, all the emotions and feelings, they're all new to me. I've never felt like this towards someone, especially this deeply." He tells me, his eyes filling with tears again. "It scares me. It scares the shit out of me."

I grab his spare hand, looking down at our hands. He starts tracing small circles on my hand, making me smile slightly.

"It's the same for me, Theo." I tell him, looking back into his eyes. "I've felt these feelings before, but never this intensely and never this quickly. It's scary for me as well and it's also new... very new for me."

We stand there silently. I watch as people walk out of the house, coming down towards us. I take a step away from Theo, letting go of his hand. I put my hands in my pockets, smiling at the people as they walk pass us. I start swaying from side to side, watching as more people followed after them.

"Wanna go to my car?" Theo asks me, pulling out his keys and jerking his head towards his car.

I nod my head and follow him to his car. It was a nice car, defiantly bigger than Stiles' car, more room in the back.

I get in the car and sit there, waiting for Theo to say something or start up a conversation. The silence consumes the car immediately, followed by the awkwardness. I pick at the skin around my nails, my anxiety slowly kicking in.

Theo notices, grabbing my hand and entwining our fingers together. I rest my head on the headrest, smiling as he looks down at our hands.

"Some party," he whispers, taking a deep breath in. "I am really sorry for what I said before."

"Which part? The part about me being pathetic or a puppy?" I ask him, smirking as I ask him.

"Both," he tells me. "It's just, I like you. I really do like you."

My heart skips a beat as he tells me this. I shift in the seat slightly, turning my body to face Theo. I stare at his lips and then back to his eyes.

"So do I," I tell him. "I mean, I also like you, not that I also like myself. Not that I don't like myself, it's just that I am going on and on and I should stop. I'm going to stop now."

I shrink down in the seat, covering my face as it goes red from embarrassment. Theo starts laughing, which makes me laugh slightly.

"You're cute when you're nervous," he tells me, gripping my hand tighter.

We sit there in silence again, but this time I was different. It was awkward, it was actually kind of peaceful. It wasn't the kind of silence you wanted to disturb.

"Want to come back to my place?" Theo breaks the silence after a few minutes. "Tara's out with her boyfriend at a party, and I don't really feel like being alone tonight."

I nod my head, sitting back up in the seat. He turns the keys and starts the engine, driving off from the party. I would do anything to spend more time with Theo at the moment, and being alone with him will make it even better.

At least it'll give us time to talk about things we really need to talk about. Like what are we and where is this going? I need to talk to him about this before I get too attached, but if we're going to be honest...

I already am.

———————
Hi everyone! So I've started writing a Fred Weasley fanfic, but I haven't uploaded it yet. I was just curious if anyone would be interested in it.