Chapter 33

I feel a stinging sensation all over my body, mainly on my face. I open my eyes slowly, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the brightness above me. My vision slowly becomes more clear, the surroundings around me became clear.

There were plants all over the walls, pictures frames that weren't cluttered like the ones in my hallway. That's when everything finally clicked. I wasn't at home. Slowly the memories come flooding back in, Theo and I were watching at movie at his apartment, Gabe came over.

He did this to me... Theo also did this to Gabe. Was Gabe as lucky as I was? I try to sit up, a pain in my left rib stops me though. I wince as I lay back down, catching my breath again. I look up and watch as Allison and Theo look over me, smiling at me.

"Allison?" I question, confused as to when she got here.

"Don't talk, just get some rest." She tells me, dabbing my face with a damp cloth.

I wince as she does it, gripping the couch tightly. She apologises, continuing to dab my face. I bite my bottom lip, trying to stop any more noises from escaping my mouth. Theo kneels behind me, kissing the back of my head as Allison continues to clean up my face.

"Almost done," she tells me.

Theo walks into the kitchen, running his hands through his hair as he stands in there. I look over to him and then back to Allison, worried about him.

"He called me when you were going in and out of consciousness," Allison tells me, looking down at the bloodied rag. "I didn't understand what he was saying at first, I don't know if it was shock or if I just didn't believe him. But then it sort of all clicked in my head... I didn't know what to do. I ran out of the party, forge to tell Scott and the others I was leaving."

She looks into the kitchen, smiling at Theo. I don't even know how Theo got Allison's number or what made him call her, but I'm glad he did.

"I got here as soon as I could and when I came up here, Theo was sitting next to you, crying. I thought that I was too late, my mind went to the worse case possible. But he looked up at me, and told me he couldn't lose you." She tells me, grabbing my hands.

"He really said that?" I ask her, receiving a small nod.

I hear a knock on the door, jumping slightly. Allison looks at me, holding my hands tightly. Theo goes over to the door, wiping his face and opening the door. An older man stands there, shaking his head, his face showing signs of disappointment and anger.

"Where is he?" He asks Theo.

It was Gabe's dad and judging by the way he was looking at Theo, I can't whether he was anger at Theo or Gabe. I watch as the walk over to the other side of the living room, standing over Gabe's body as he lay on the ground.

I hadn't realised he was laying there until they walked over to him. His face was bloodied and swollen, hopefully as painful as mine as well. Theo and Gabe's dad stand there, whispering as they look down at Gabe.

I think I've figure out who he's angry at. Allison moves my legs slightly, sitting on the edge of the couch as she tries to listen into their conversation.

"I don't know what to do," I pick up on, focusing my hearing on their conversation.

"We've tried that before, but it did nothing. If anything, he came back worse. It started when his mother died," his dad tells Theo.

I suddenly feel a sadness, but not for me. For Gabe.

"Well, I can't keep letting this happen," Theo speaks, anger in his voice. "I moved so this wouldn't happen, but now he's not only beating me, but people I also care about."

Theo points over to me, his face bright red with anger. I look away, feeling guilty for listening into their conversation. Gabe's dad helps Gabe stand up, slowly walking him out of the apartment. Theo closes the door behind them, covering his face with his hands, shaking his head.

Allison goes over to him, embracing him in a hug and rubbing his back. She whispers something in his ear and goes into the kitchen. Theo slowly approaches me, screwing his face up as he looks at me.

He slowly kneels down next to me, hesitantly grabbing my hands and holding onto them. He looks at my face, letting out a soft, shaky breath. He moves a strand of hair out of my face and stares at me, resting his head on our hands.

"I am so sorry," he whispers, a small cry escaping him. "This is all my fault. I never should've brought you here or I at least should've checked who was standing at the door. This is my fault and you didn't deserve any of this."

"Stop," I say sternly, snapping at Theo. "This isn't your fault. This isn't anyone's fault! No matter what we did differently, it was bound to happen. Just be thankful no one got seriously hurt."

He looks up at me, smiling and softly laughing. I laugh with him, coughing as a slight pain shoots up my left side. I hold my rib cage, catching my breath and waiting for the pain to pass.

"I think he broke them," Theo tells me, looking down at my ribs.

"You don't say," I sarcastically say.

Allison enters the room, her hands stained red from my blood. She wipes them on her shirt, trying to get it off, but failing. I sit up slightly on the couch, groaning in pain. Theo stands up, helping me up and giving me a small kiss on my forehead.

I blush slightly, relieved no one would see it through all the blood on my face. Allison goes over to Theo, embracing him in a hug and then comes over to me, gently embracing me, ruffling my up my hair.

"Thank you for calling," she looks over to Theo. "I really appreciate it."

"Anytime," Theo whispers. "Thank you for coming and getting her quickly."

"Anytime," she smiles. "I better get going now. Scott's probably worried sick about me and I'm pretty sure Lydia's tried calling me a thousand times. I'll give you a call tomorrow."

She goes to leave, but before she does I quickly call out to her.

"You won't tell anyone, will you?" I ask her. "About this."

"No," she reassures me. "I won't tell anyone, don't worry."

I thank her, resting my head back down on the couch. My head starts spinning as I lay there, a sudden sense of nausea kicking in. I take a deep breath in, waiting for the feeling to pass, which it eventually does.

I hear Theo say goodbye and close the door. He slowly walks over to me, grabbing a blanket off the couch and throwing it over me.

"You want anything to drink or to eat?" He asks me.

"I just want you," I whisper, tears filling my eyes again.

"Come here," he whispers, laying beside me, holding me tightly.

I cry into his chest, hugging him back tightly. He runs his head through my hair, kissing the top of my head as he holds me. I let it all out, holding him tighter than ever.

"I'm not going anywhere," he whispers. "We're going to get our happy ending. We're going to get it and nothing is going to change that."

Finally, Theo admits that he also deserves his happy ending.