Chapter 37

I lay awake, resting my head on Theo's chest. I listen to his heartbeat, his chest rising and falling with every breath he takes. His arms were still wrapped around me, holding me tightly as we lay there together.

Theo fell asleep about five hours ago, leaving me to stay up alone, with my thoughts. My mind was racing with them, each one as confusing and scary as the other. I slowly lift my head, trying to avoid waking Theo up.

The alarm clock flashes; 6:30. I sigh, rolling my eyes as I rest my head back on Theo's chest. I close my eyes, trying again for the tenth time to try and fall asleep. After twenty minutes of no success and more thoughts running through my mind, I grab my phone and text Allison.

Allison normally wakes up at 6 every single morning, to go on a run. I tried to do it with her, but lasted three days and gave up entirely. I go for runs with her occasionally, but only one the afternoon ones or if I've pulled an all nighter and still have energy to burn.

To: Allison 🤍:
Hey Alli, I was wondering if we could possibly meet up. I need someone to talk to about something, and you're the only one I trust with this. Get back to me when you can xx

I lock my phone, resting it beside me, waiting for a response from her. I look up at Theo, his hair covering his face. I smile, slowly moving it out of his face, revealing his almost too perfect features. His sharp, god-like carved jaw, his perfectly proportioned nose, his defined cheek bones.

There was nothing on this man that wasn't perfect, but some how I still doubted whether he was the one for me. Ever since Tara asked me that question, its got me thinking about it and I can't stop thinking about it.

My phone vibrates, lighting up as Allison's contact name pops up on the screen.

From: Allison 🤍:
Sorry, just got home. Meet me at the cafe?

I reply back instantly, letting her know that I will be there. I take one more look at Theo, smiling as he lay there, dead to the world. I carefully move from his grip, getting out of bed, debating whether or not I wake him. I don't want him thinking I just let without saying goodbye, even though that is what I want to do.

"Theo," I whisper, shaking him slightly. "Theo!"

He groans slightly, turning onto his side. I shake him some more, his eyes shoot open and he jumps, quickly sitting up. I apologise, resting my hand on his chest.

"I've got to go," I whisper.

"Why? It's so early," he informs me, laying back down.

"Allison has an emergency," I lie to him, feeling instantly guilty.
"Go back to sleep."

I stroke his face, placing a kiss on his forehead before leaving. I begin walking towards the café, having no other way of transportation. I could've asked Theo to borrow his car, but I think a walk is what I need right now. Gives me time to think and clear my head.

I mean, there's not all too much to think about, there's just some big things that I need to think about. Like, do I see Theo and I in together in the future? I know I do, but I don't know what Theo sees. He's sometimes impossible to read and gives mixed signals all the time.

There's also the question about when did I know, I was gay. That's if I even am gay, which I really don't think I am. I dated Hayden and I still like girls, but I really like Theo. More than I've ever liked anyone else, but that doesn't immediately make me gay.

I look up ahead, shocked to see the café coming into view. I didn't realise how far my legs had carried me, without paying attention. I walk another five minutes, making it to the café.