Chapter 30

Summer break started about five hours ago and people are already planning their parties. Some kid on the lacrosse team decided to have a party tonight and he invited the whole lacrosse team. Partying is kind of the last thing I was to be doing right now, but Scott said it would be rude not to come and Stiles said he'd pick me up and drag me out of the house if he needed to.

Mason and Corey are also going to be there, and I heard that Theo might be coming as well. The last time I spoke to him was over FaceTime a couple days ago. I've seen him at school since and we've exchanged a few words and smiles, but we haven't had a proper conversation since that night.

I honestly don't know what we are and what's happening between us, so tonight I've decided to let all my walls down. And that includes the wall I built when Hayden absolutely destroyed my heart.

"You pumped for tonight?" Stiles asks me, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, I think it'll be good." I tell him, smiling.

"You keeping your eye out for anyone tonight?" Malia asks me.

I feel my face go bright red as she asks me that question. I smile and think about Theo, but just shake my head. I will be keeping an eye out for Theo, but at the same time I'm also keeping my eye out for anyone else who catches it.

I really do like Theo, but I don't think relationships are meant to be this hard.

"Why are you blushing then?" Stiles asks me, smirking as I go brighter.

"Because it's just such an awkward conversation," I tell them, my voice shaky. "Can we just change the subject?"

Malia rolls her eyes, facing the front again and starting a conversation with Stiles. I put my headphones in and listen to music, draining out all outside noises.

Stiles pulls into Jake's driveway, the house already crowded with people. I take out my headphones and take a deep breath in, preparing myself for what tonight might hold.

I get out of the car and shut the door, making my way to the front door. I enter and get hit with the stench of alcohol. I'm not like most teenagers when it comes to alcohol and drinking. I have a few here and there and no matter how often I go to parties with a lot of alcohol, I can never get use to the smell of it. All the different kinds of alcohol mixed together, infusing the air with their fragrance.

I make my way over to the beverage table and pour myself a drink. I take a sip, trying my best to disguise my disgust for the taste. I look around the room, finding Mason and Corey in the corner of the room, laughing and dancing.

I make my way over to them, joining in on their dancing. Mason looks at me shocked, grabbing my arm and pulling me in closer to him.

"I honestly didn't think I would see you here!" He yells over the music, jumping up and down.

I laugh and take another sip of my drink, looking around for any other familiar faces. I turn over to the door, my heart sinking as Theo enters the room. I suddenly stop dancing, watching as he makes his way through the crowd of people.

I turn back around to Mason, trying to act casual. I quickly drink the rest of my drink, placing my cup down and continuing to dance. I feel a hand on my shoulder, a hand that I know all too well. I slowly turn around, looking up at Theo.

He gives me a small smile and starts dancing with me. I stare into his eyes, continuing to dance. I don't take my eyes away from his. He looks down at my lips, taking a step closer to me. I do the same, closing any space between us.

Suddenly time slows down and it's just the two of us together. Everyone surrounding us disappears and the room falls silent. I look up at him, ready to risk it all in front of everyone.

"Is Gabe here?" I ask him.

"No, he's at home with Hayden." He tell me, smiling and looking down at my lips.

My heart skips a beat as he pulls me closer to him. His fresh minty breath hitting my face, his finger running up and down my arm. I look to my right, noticing Allison intensely staring at us. She makes her way over to us, raising her eyebrows at Theo and then looking back at me.

I nod my head slightly, smiling as she gives me a thumbs up and dances off. Theo looks down at me, a confused expression played on his face.

I shrug my shoulders and laugh nervously, rubbing the back of my neck.

"She's like my sister. She's always looking after me and she's always the one who protects me, so she was just making sure I was okay. Just ignore her," I tell him, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

He gives me a small nod, grabbing me and pulling me so close that there was now no space between us. I feel my breathing getting heavier as he slowly leans in closer to me.

He grabs the back of my head and smashes his lips onto mine. I close my eyes, moving my head to the side slightly. I open my mouth, feeling his tongue enter my mouth. I run my hand through his hair, suddenly the room fills with music again, everyone surrounding us returning.

Theo slowly pulls away, his eyes still closed. I open my eyes, looking at the expression on Corey and Mason's face. They were both shocked, but Mason doesn't look all too surprised about what just went down.

Theo finally opens his eyes, regret falling on his face. He looks at me and then at Mason and Corey, he suddenly spins around, looking at everyone. He looks back down to me, shaking his head aggressively.

"I have to leave," he tells me, running through the crowd.

I stand there, confused as to what just happened. I furrow my eyebrows, running after him. I get outside, looking around for him. I spot him on the footpath, walking away from the party. I roll my eyes, running after to.

"Theo!" I call out to him, getting ignored once again. "Theo, wait!"

He stops, turning around to face me. His eyes were filled with tears, his face showed regret and anger. I walk up to him, placing my hand on his arm. He looks down at it, pushing it off.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, trying to stay calm.

I can feel my anger getting out of control, about to tip over the end, but I don't want Theo to see me like that. Especially after everything he's been through and he doesn't know that there is a side of me that's capable of losing my temper like I do.

"You can't just do that," he whispers, the pain in his voice too strong to hide.

I give him a confused look, trying to figure out what he meant. If he means the kiss, that was on him. He was the one who pulls me in and who kissed me first, I was just dancing and having fun. Unless there's something I'm missing, which I don't think I am.

"Can't do what? I am so confused Theo, what can't I do?" I ask him.

"You can't just take advantage of me like that!" He yells, the tears falling out of his eyes.

I look at him, clenching my hands into a fist. I avoid his eyes, knowing whatever happens next isn't entirely my fault. The anger has finally taken over me.

--------------------
Omg wow, this chapter is so messy. Sorry for the shit chapter, I wrote this over a span of like a week and honestly this is just a filler chapter and I haven't been feeling like myself recently with lockdown happening again and having to do online school again. Promise better chapters will be on the way! Thank you for all the support as well, it honestly makes my day and makes me really happy, so thank you for all your kind words xx