Chapter 20

I grab some fresh, dry clothes and towel and hand them to Theo. He thanks me and goes into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I go over to my closet and grab out some grey sweats and a jumper, quickly changing and throwing my wet clothes in the corner. 

I quickly go over to my desk and find the drawing of Theo. I look down at it, smiling as it looks back at me. I close the book and put it into the draw, hoping that Theo won't go through my draws. I hear the shower turn off and the shower door close as Theo gets out. 

I go over to my bed and pull the mattress out from underneath it. Originally he was going to sleep in the spare room, but my mum suggested that he stays close to someone, just incase something happens to him or he feels unsafe. 

I throw a blanket over it and grab him a pillow. I sit down on my bed and check my social media, reply to messages and watching everyone's story. I look up as I hear the bathroom door open and Theo walks out in fresh clothing. His eyes red and puffy from crying. 

"I decided last minute that you can sleep in here, but if you feel more comfortable you're more than welcomed to sleep in the spare room." I tell him, placing my phone down. 

"I like it in here." He tells me, sitting down on his bed. 

I sit there awkwardly, not sure what to do from here. I lay down on my bed, watching as Theo lays down and gets under the covers. I do the same and turn off the lights, putting my phone of charge and closing my eyes. 

The room was an eerie type of silence, making me extremely uncomfortable. I turn onto my back and stare at the ceiling, waiting for the dark abyss to take over. I grab my phone and turn it on to display the time; 10:25pm. I roll my eyes and look down at Theo. 

Even though it's dark, I can still see that he's awake, doing the exact same thing as me. Staring at the ceiling in complete silence. I sit up on my elbow, and stare down at his bed. I flick the blanket off me and carefully lower myself into Theo's bed. 

I lay there next to him, staring at him. He continues to stare at the ceiling, taking no notice in my stares. I place my hand on his chest, watching as he slowly turns his head down towards me. 

He rolls over slowly, grabbing my hand and placing it in his. I feel my heart skip a beat as he stares into my eyes and I stare into his. I lose my self in his eyes, so I don't even notice when he sits up slightly, leaning on his elbow. 

His face inches closer towards mine, until there is only inches between us. I feel his hot, fresh breath on my face. My stomach fills with butterflies as he hovers over me. Before I knew it, his lips were pressed against mine. 

He leans in closer to me, kissing me softly. I kiss him back, opening my mouth slightly, feeling his tongue enter my mouth. I grab the back of his head and run my hands through his hair, kissing him harder. 

We move in sync, our heads moving from side to side, our tongues dancing together. I smile into the kiss, wanting to deepen it even more, but not wanting to freak him out. 

He runs his hand down my chest, sending shivers down my spine. He reaches my torso and stops, resting his hand there. I run my hand down his back, feeling as he tenses up. His lips move from mine and slowly moves down to my neck, he stops and begins to suck my skin softly. 

His hand runs back down my chest and before anything else could happen, there was a knock at the door. I quickly push him off me and jump back up to my own bed, trying to calm my breathing. 

"Hey baby, sorry to interrupt anything, but I made you two some hot chocolate." My mum whispers, popping her head in, holding two cups of hot chocolate. 

I stand up and grab them off her, thanking her and giving her a kiss on the forehead. I hand one to Theo and place mine on my bedside table, as I set the DVD player up. I hand him a bunch of movies, giving him a variety to choose from. He looks through them all and picks 'the breakfast club'. 

I smile as he hands its to me, admiring his choice of movie. Although it's not a favourite, it's always a classic movie choice and it's a safe choice. I mean, who doesn't love the breakfast club?

I get everything set up and turn off the lights, returning back to Theo's bed. We lay there in silence, both intensely watching the movie and sipping at our hot chocolates. I turn and face Theo, breaking the awkward tension between us. 

"So, tell me something about yourself, Theo. What's your favourite thing to do in your spare time?" I ask him a question, trying to get to know him better. 

"Well, I like to skate and sometimes paint but only on good days. What about you?" He asks me, pulling the covers up to his chin. 

"I love to draw," I tell him. "I love anything to do with arts, but drawing is my go to." 

He looks at me and smiles, nodding his head slowly as I speak to him. He pulls his hand out from under the blanket and holds my hand, running his thumb in small circles. I place my cup on the floor and wrap my arm around Theo. 

We sit there in silence, continuing on with the movie. I look back down at Theo, smiling as he lay there with his eyes closed. He finally looks happy and peaceful. I slowly run my hand through his hair softly, noticing how silky his hair was. 

I smile as I sit there, watching as he lay here in my arms asleep. I grab my phone to check the time; 2:20 am. I instantly regret staying away thing long, knowing that tomorrow morning I will be well and truly tired, but in the end it was completely worth it. 

To see Theo look this peaceful and happy, and just knowing that he is safe here with me... it'll help me sleep better tonight. Just knowing that no one can hurt him anymore as long as I'm here, puts my mind to rest. 

I slowly slide my arm from under his head and quietly get out of bed, slowly moving back into mine. I lay down and watch Theo sleep for just one more minute before sleep finally takes over.