Chapter 22

After everything Theo told me about his past, I decided to try and take his mind off everything. I thought about leaving the house and going out for lunch or something, but decided otherwise. I decided that it was probably just best to stay in, until he gets better at least.

"Wanna play the Xbox?" I ask him, holding up the controller.

He nodded and grabbed it off me, smiling as he looked into my eyes. I set up the console and sat down on his bed, next to him. We still haven't spoken about last night after we kissed, but I don't think we need to. I think we both know what it was and I think we both understand where it's going to lead.

"So, are you good at this game?" I ask him, smirking as I nudge his arm.

"Am I good? Liam Dunbar, I am the best at this game." He tells me, smirking back.

I laugh and start the game. I was shocked by how good Theo was, but I can tell he hasn't played this game much. He's defiantly played it before, but he's not addicted like I use to be.

"You really wanna go there?" I ask, laughing as I look at his face.

"What?" He asks me, chuckling.

"Nothing, you're just face as you concentrate and the fact you chose the hardest location." I tell him, focusing back on the game.

We sat there and continued laughing, not noticing as time went by. We finish another round of Fortnite, which I of course won and carried the team, but let I let Theo believe it was all him. I turn around and look at my alarm clock, shocked at how it was already 1:30pm. I feel my stomach rumble as soon as I look at the time.

"Hungry?" I ask Theo, only to receive a small nod.

I turn off the Xbox and stand up, helping Theo up behind me. I walk down to the kitchen and look in the cupboard, looking at things we can make. I look in the cupboard and find some Mac and cheese. I then look in the fridge and find some leftover bacon from this morning.

"Ever had Mac-cheese-and-bacon?" I ask him, holding them up in front of him.

"No, but it sounds... interesting." He laughs, pulling a concerned face.

"Trust, it is way better than it sounds." I reassure him.

I grab a pot and fill it with water, heating it up as I get everything else ready. I hand the bacon to Theo and tell him to cut it into small squares, whilst I get everything else ready. He begins to do that as I pour the noodles into the now boiled water.

I grab a fry pan and some olive oil, coating the pan in oil and heating it up slightly. Theo then adds in the bacon, jumping back as the oil splashes everywhere. I laugh and stir the bacon.

"Don't cook often?" I ask him.

"No, not really. My Mum does most of the cooking and when I have to cook for myself, I normally just uber something." He tells me, wiping his hands on his shirt.

"Well, try having parents who work nightshift almost every night and forget about your dinner on the regular." I tell him, draining the noodles. "You get really creative sometimes."

I add the cheese to the noodle and then the bacon, stirring it all together. I grab two bowls and serve the Mac and cheese up. I hand Theo and bowl and smile as he stares at it. I hand him a fork and begin eating it. I close my eyes as the flavours burst in my mouth.

"Now, this brings me back to my childhood. Holy crap that is good!" I yell, taking another bite.

I laugh as Theo looks into his bowl, concerned by our concoction that we just made. He slowly takes a bite and his face instantly brightens as he finally taste it. I smile and nod my head, taking another bite.

"This actually isn't as bad as I thought," he laughs, taking another bite.

We sit down at the table and continue to talk about whatever comes to mind. I get lost in his words, not focusing on anything else, like how I don't realise his phone has gone off three times in the past minute. And how his face has dramatically change, the happiness getting wiped straight off it.

It's not until the tone of his voice changes, that I realised something has happened. I snap back into reality, looking at his phone in his hands, which are shaking uncontrollably. His finger bitten fingers, white from clutching his phone.

I look into his eyes, which are now glazed with a thick layer of tears. I slowly reach out to grab his hand, but before I can even get close, he jumps up and runs up to my room. I run after him and enter my room, watching as he packs all his things.

"Theo?" I question, hoping to find out what's happened. "Theo! What's wrong?"

"I need to leave!" He shouts.

He quickly glimpses at me and then continues to pack, sniffing as he holds back his tears. He pushes passed me and runs down stairs. I follow him again, my heart dropping as he runs straight out the door. I follow behind me, screaming his name.

I run outside and see Theo on the phone to someone, clearly distressed. He continues to walk, going down the street. My heart begins to race, my breath becoming staggered, my vision blurred from the tears. I blink, allowing them to fall.

I shake my head and yell, running after Theo to catch up to him. I finally catch up to him and grab his shoulder which only ends up in his flinching away from me.

"Don't touch me!" He yells, pointing his finger in my face.

I flinch away from his hand and look him in the eyes, unsure of what to say. He curls his hand into a fist and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath in and lowering his hand. He opens his eyes and gives me a fake, forced smile.

"Thank you, for everything." He smiles, turning around, walking away.

I stand there, lost. I want to chase after him, I want to tell him not to leave, I want to tell him that we can get through this together, that he's safe with me, but I don't move. I just watch as a car pulls over and Theo gets in. I just stand there, watching as it drives away with Theo in it.

I just stand there as the tears fill my eyes, my heart breaking in a way I never knew it could.