Chapter 36

After the sun had set and the moon was rising, Theo and I decided it was probably time to head home. We got home and headed straight to the shower. Theo allowed me to go first, and gave me some pants and a shirt.

I get into the clothes and sit on the end of his bed as he gets in the shower. I quickly give my mum a call, just to let her know everything is fine and I'll be home probably tomorrow or the next day. It all depends on when my face looks better, but I didn't tell her that, I just told her I was staying at Mason's.

I hear a bang come from the kitchen, causing me to jump and drop my phone. I pick it up, cautiously making my way towards the kitchen. Surely Gabe isn't stupid enough to come back here. I mean, it is Gabe, so it wouldn't surprise me.

"Crap!" Tara yells, running over to a pot on the stove, which was overflowing with water.

I let a small sigh of relief escape me, entering the kitchen. I go over to the chopping board, continuing on with the tomatoes Tara had to abandon.

"Thank you," she says. "Normally I'm a lot better in the kitchen, my mind is just all over the place tonight."

"Everything alright? I mean, if that's alright with me asking." I ask her, not wanting to sound nosey.

"Yeah, just college is a lot harder this year and there seems to be more work than ever." She shakes her head, laughing slightly. "Basically, I just such at time management and I cannot keep up with my classes."

"I feel you on that one," I laugh with her. "This year my mind was everywhere, but school. Pretty sure I failed all my exams and I won't be surprised if they try to hold me back. I basically rely on my best friend to get me through school and if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have made it this far in school."

"What do you want to be when you're older?" Tara asks me, narrowing her eyes as she looks at me.

"I haven't ever really told anyone this," I tell her, hesitating to tell her. "But I want... I want to be an artist. Which sounds really weird and strange, but it's a huge passion of mine."

She gives me a surprised look, smiling as she puts pasta into now controlled, boiling water. I finish with the tomatoes, taking them over to Tara.

"I use to want to be an artist," she tells me, adding the tomatoes into a frypan. "But I sucked. Then one day, I picked up my laptop and just starting writing. I loved it and instantly became obsessed with it. I couldn't stop writing. Whenever I got a spare second, whenever I was bored, I was always writing. That's when I decided I wanted to be a journalist."

She looks up at me, her eyes lighting up as she talks about being a journalist. I give her a smile, recognising that look all too well. It's that look when you talk about something you love so much, it just consumes you. It quite literally becomes a part of you.

Our conversation gets interrupted by Theo, who stands at the kitchen door shirtless. I look down at his abs and v-line, blushing as I do so. I look down at the ground, fighting every urge I had to look again.

"What are you cooking?" Theo asks Tara, putting on his shirt.

"Spaghetti," she gives him a guilty look.

"Again?" He asks her.

"It's the only thing I know how to cook," she looks over at me. "And I wanted to impress your boyfriend with a home cook meal," she lowers her voice.

Theo looks at me, winking as he smirks. I instantly smile, trying to hold it back, but failing miserably. I go over to the table, setting it up for dinner. Theo follows me, helping me set it up. Tara serves dinner, we take a seat and begin to eat. It's been awhile since I've had a fresh, properly cooked meal like this.

The only noise that filled the room was Theo, slurping up his spaghetti as though he was a five year old. Tara intensely looks at me and then to Theo, clearly something was on her mind that she wanted to talk about. I place my fork down, swallowing my food, giving her my full attention

She was caught off guard by this, but the way she looked at me, surprised. She does the same as me, swallowing the last of her food and placing her fork down. She clears her throat, taking a sip of water before crossing her arms on the table.

"So," she breaks the silence, Theo continuing to slurp up his pasta. "When did you know?"

"What do you mean?" I ask her, not entirely sure what she was talking about.

"When did you know know that you were gay?" She asks again.

Theo drops his fork, coughing as he choked on his food. Our attention diverts to him, as he continues to cough, shaking his head aggressively.

"Tara!" He hisses, shooting her a deathly glare. "You can't just ask that."

I sit there, shifting uncomfortably in my chair. I turn my attention back to Tara, forcing a smile as she gives Theo a confused look. I understand why she would be curious, but I agree with Theo on this one.

"It's fine," I lie, trying my best to reassure the both of them. "To be totally honest, I'm not entirely sure."

Tara nods slightly, continuing to eat her bowl of food. Theo grabs my hand under the table, squeezing it slightly as he continues to eat his food as well. Suddenly, I couldn't think of anything worse than eating right now.

My stomach was twisting and turning and I felt as though I was going to throw up. I take a sip of water, hoping that that would help subside the nausea, but it didn't. I forcefully eat another mouthful of spaghetti, trying my best not to throw it straight back up.

The silence in the room was now deafening, no one dared to speak or make a sound. I could hear my heart throbbing my ears, pounding faster than usual.

The question Tara asked me kept playing on my mind. When did I know I was gay? Am I even gay though? I mean, I was in love with Hayden for so long and those feelings were real. Now I have feelings for Theo, but that doesn't necessarily make me gay.

I mean, I know I'm not gay. I can't be gay, I mean I would've realised a lot sooner than what I did, if I was. I look over at Theo, unable to look at him with the same loving expression I could only minutes before.

I look away, suddenly questioning everything about us and how I feel about him.

——————————-
My Fred Weasley fan fic is publish on fredsmainbitch   🤍