Chapter 39

Theo and I have now been official and out in the open for four months. Honestly, I expected everyone to be a lot different when we went back to school, but nothing changed. Sure, we got some weird looks and some people would say things, but now everything is basically back to normal.

Hayden congratulated us and she seemed really happy, but we could see right through her. Although she was acting happy and acting like she wanted to be our friend, we could see the jealousy and hurt in her eyes. We talk occasionally whenever I see her around school, but that's it. Both Theo and I are extremely happy and open with our relationship, even though we were scared at first.

We thought Gabe would have a bigger reaction to it, but he didn't. He barely says anything to us and he hasn't laid another finger on Theo or me since that night a few months back. He's tried to start shit with Theo a few times, but Theo has made a lot of friends and they all seem to have his back. Theo also made it onto the Lacrosse team and is one of the best players.

We also got our results back for our exams, and I had nothing to worry about. I passed every single one and did a lot better than I ever thought I would. It's Allison's last year this year, so that's probably the worse thing that's happened in the past few months. It'll be different without her here, but we already know we'll still be close after she leaves.

"Meet here after class?" Theo asks me, packing his books into his bag.

Ever since Theo and I started dating, he hasn't been over to my place when my parents have been there. They met him once before, when he stayed the night after I had to pick him up, so it's not that I'm nervous for them to meet him.

I guess there's still apart of me that's insecure about it all. I don't want my parents seeing me or thinking of me as another person. That's one of my biggest fears.

"Yeah, meet up here." I give him a kiss and make my way to my last class.

I meet up with Mason and we make our way to our first class. We sit in our usual spots up the back and open up our books, getting ready for the class to begin. I look through last lessons class, refreshing my mind on the topic.

I grab out my pen and begin to take down the notes, I watch the clock as the seconds tick by, painfully slow. I know I shouldn't be nervous about Theo coming over to mine tonight, but it seems to be the only thing I can think about.

------------
After an extremely long and exhausting day, the final bell rings. I slam my books shut, shoving them into my bag and running down to my locker. I unlock it, grabbing the books I need for the weekend and making my way over to Theo's locker.

I lean up against it, pulling out my phone and waiting patiently for him. I look up into the crowd as I hear his laugh. I divert my eyes to the source of the sound, watching as Theo comes into view, Justin was on his left.

They were talking about something, which seemed to involve a lot of laughter. I straighten up, slightly tense as Theo and Justin arrive at Theo's locker. They say goodbye and part ways, a wide smile on Theo's face as Justin walks away.

I ignore the jealousy rising inside me, trying my best to force a believable smile as I kiss Theo, helping him pack his bag. I grab his hand as we begin to walk out to the car, talking about how our day was and what we got up to, due to the fact we didn't really see each other at school today.

With our schedules being so different and only having the one class together, we don't really see much of each other at school. We spend lunch together most of the time and try to see each other throughout the day, but some days we only see each other before and after school.

"You nervous?" I ask him as we pull into my street.

"Not really," he tells me, shrugging his shoulders. "I mean, I have met your parents before and we seemed to get along. I also didn't really speak to them, but your mum was lovely and I have a feeling we will get along."

He grabs my hand, holding it as we pull into my driveway. I take a shaky breath in, trying my best to calm my nerves. I get out of the car and walk up the front door, unlocking it and instantly getting greeted by my parents at the door. They give me a quick hug and then embrace Theo in a much longer hug, starting small talk with him and taking him into the kitchen.

I go up to my bedroom, dropping my bag off and going back down to the kitchen. I stand there, smiling as Theo and my parents have a conversation, Theo already fitting in with us. He speaks confidently, as though he's known my parents all his life.

My mum sits there, admiration in her eyes as she looks at Theo. My dad and Theo were talking about cars and engines, which I normally lose interest with straight away, but hearing Theo talk about them... it suddenly makes it interesting.

"So you into your cars?" My mum asks Theo, trying to join in on the conversation.

"Yeah, I am. More so into rebuilding them and pulling them apart," he laughs slightly. "What about you?"

"Oh god no," she laughs, shaking her head aggressively. "I am more into cooking and artsy things. Something Liam and I actually have in common."

I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment as Theo looks over at me, his eyes squinted slightly, a crooked smile on his face. I shoot my mum an annoyed look, avoiding Theo's eyes.

"You never told me you were into arts," Theo crosses his arm, an impressed expression on his face.

"Not something I really talk about," I reply, not taking my eyes off my mum.

"Well," my dad says, forcing my eyes over to him. "I think we best get dinner ready. What do you think?" He turns to my mum, smiling.

"Sounds lovely. We'll call you when dinner is ready."

"Thank you," Theo says, standing up and walking over to me.

We walk up to my bedroom, my face still red with embarrassment. I close the door behind us, sitting down on my bed. Theo sits down next to me, grabbing my hand. I think about the drawing I drew of Theo when I first saw him.

How I become obsessed with his features and perfection the moment I saw him. I knew I wanted to draw him the moment I laid eyes on him, and to this very day, he still doesn't know. I guess it's probably best he doesn't, but I also wonder what he would say if he did find out.

"I would love to see it," Theo speaks.

"What?"

"Your art. I would love to see it." He smiles, looking over at my desk, eyeing off my art books.

"One day," I inform him.

He nods, smiling softly. He looks at me, smiling as he leans in slowly. He places his lips on mine, placing one hand on my face and the other on my back of my neck. I smile, kissing him back.

It doesn't matter how many times we kiss... I always manage to get butterflies in my stomach. He seems to have this affect over me, one I've never felt before and one I hope I never feel with anyone else.