Chapter 09

I pull into my driveway, looking around for my parents cars, surprised to see that I'm the only one home. They're always home for weekends, as it's the only time we get together and they haven't mentioned anything to me about picking up extra shifts. I pull out my phone and check my messages, worried when I find that none of them have texted me.

My breathing intensifies as I think about all the bad things that could've happened to them. I turn around, smiling softly as Mason and Corey both lay there, asleep and dead to the world. I think back to tonight, when Hayden kissed me.

After everything that happened between us, she kissed me. She thinks she has the audacity to kiss me, when she's the one who ruined things between us. My hands clench into a fist as I think it over again, the anger in me building up. I punch the steering wheel and let out a scream, waking both Mason and Corey instantly.

"What happened?" Mason asks, his eyes wide open with confusion and worry.

I look down at my shaky hand, shaking my head slowly.

"Nothing, just the anger issues kicking in. Ready to go inside and get into a comfortable bed?" I ask them, trying to lighten up the mood and avoid any other, unwanted question.

He nods and gets out of the car, walking around and helping Corey get out. It's pretty noticeable to tell which one out of the relationship is the party animal and who can hold their alcohol better. I get out of the car and lock the door, running to catch up with the other two, helping Mason get Corey inside.

I help them both upstairs to my bedroom. I quickly pull the mattress from under my bed out, which is already made, considering Mason stays most weekends and it is technically 'his bed', according to him.

"Look man," Mason whispers, getting himself into bed. "I don't know what that was back in the car... but I'm here for you. I won't judge and you don't need to hide it from me. So, when you're ready to talk about it, I'm all ears."

"Thanks," I whisper, getting into bed myself. I look down to the floor, watching as Mason tucks Corey in, making sure he has enough blanket.

I grab my phone off my bedside table, turning down the brightness and going straight onto instagram. My feed is full of photos and videos from the party tonight. I like a few and then stalk some peoples account. I go onto Hayden's account and look at all the photos she posted.

I come across a photo of Scott, Stiles, Malia, Allison, Hayden and then someone else who caught my attention straight away. It was the new kid, Theo. He had his arm linked around Malia and Hayden, a wide, bright smile on his face.

He wore a denim jacket, a white top underneath and some black skinny jeans. I like the photo and look at everyone who was tagged, clicking on his profile. A small sigh escapes my mouth when his page comes up with 'private account'. I hover my finger over the request button, unsure if I should request him or not.

After what felt like hours of contemplating, I finally push the button to follow him. I sit there, constantly refreshing his page, waiting for him to add me back. I know that it's extremely late and he's probably asleep, but I still sit there anyways, refreshing his page every second. I stare at his profile picture, smiling at it.

There's something about him that I can't describe. Something that makes me feel so drawn to him, something that makes me want to be near him. I've barely even spoken to him and I feel as though I've met him before, or known him my whole life. There's something about him that seems so special and so rare.

I snap out of my daze when I hear Mason and Corey laugh. I rest on my elbow and look down at the two, joining in on their laughing fit.

"Be quite... shhhh," Mason whispers, covering Corey's mouth, trying to stop him from making anymore noises.

"I can't," he laughs, taking a deep breath in. "It's just so funny."

They both look at each other and laugh harder, bumping heads and laughing louder. I finally contain myself and bring myself to a slight giggle, catching back my breath as the other two continue to laugh.

"What is going on?" I asked them, smiling as they both start to calm down.

"I don't know. He just started to laugh and then I joined and then we progressively got louder and then we just started laughing at anything and everything." Mason tells me, wiping away a tear.

"He's laughing because of me," Corey informs me, pointing to himself.

I shake my head, giggling, listening as Mason and Corey whisper to each other. I personally didn't want to hear it, because I feel as though I'm invading their privacy, but it's kind of hard not to hear them when they're basically right next to you.

I grab my AirPods from my bedside table and put them in, putting on some Lil peep at a low volume. I place my phone beside me, closing my eyes and waiting for sleep to overcome me.

I roll onto my side, finding a more comfortable position. My phone vibrate, indicating a notification has come through. I instantly think about my mum and how she might have forgotten to text me and only remembered now, but it wasn't her.

It was a notification from Instagram. I tap on the icon and unlock my phone, my heart dropping as his name pops up on my screen. I smile as I read the notification "Theo.raken has added you back!" I want to go onto his account and look at all his pictures, but my body is telling me otherwise.

I lock my phone again and close my eyes. Smiling as the darkness pulls me into a deep, dreamless, sleep.