Chapter 27

I watch the rain dance down my window, each drop racing the other to the end of my windowsill. I follow the rain drops with my finger, the nostalgia kicking in from my childhood when I would do this in the car.

I shortly get bored of chasing the rain drops and go down to the kitchen. I look through the fridge and cupboards about five times, hoping that something will just magically appear for me to eat. I give up and go over to the couch, flopping down and going on my phone.

I go through my stories, skipping through all of them as I past the time. I stop on Masons story, looking at the photo of him and Corey eating pizza. I exit snapchat and go into my contacts. I type in Dominos and call the number, debating between which pizza to get.

"Dominos pizza, Kyle speaking."

"Hi, can I just get a large meat lovers delivered to 25 Walnut street." I ask him.

"Sure thing. That should be anything up to thirty minutes. Thank you for choosing Dominos, have a wonderful night." He tells me, hanging up.

I grab my wallet out and get the money ready. I look back down at my phone, and unlock it. I look down at my messages, a feeling of emptiness washes over me. No new notification. I tap on Theo's name, anger now taking over.

'Read at 2:30 PM'.

I lock my phone and place it down beside me. I try and distract myself from this feeling by watching the movie. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, as I've clearly missed half the movie, but it seems alright so far.

There's people with tattoos running around New York, trying to find this chicks mom or something like that. They're also fighting demons and there's warlocks and vampires in it. I continue to watch it, getting more invested in it as the time goes by.

Before I knew it, there was a knock on the door. I grab the movie, quickly pause the movie and go to the door. I open the door, not even looking at the delivery driver.

"Sorry, I didn't have anything smaller than this an-" I finally look at the person at the door, my heart dropping. "Theo."

He stands there, looking down at me. I look at his eye and lip, smiling as I notice they're back to normal. I slowly reach my hand up to his face, placing it on his cheek. I want to yell at him, I want to scream at him for what he's put me through, but nothing comes out.

Instead I just stand there, caressing his soft cheek. He places his hand over mine and closes his eyes as he holds my hand. All of a sudden, the anger I felt towards Theo returns. I snatch my hand back and stare at the ground, avoiding those eyes that seem to hypnotise me.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, grabbing my hand. "What is it you wanted to talk about?"

I stare down at our hands, wanting to rip them apart. I think about everything I wanted to tell him, suddenly all my thoughts leaving my mind. The only thing I can focus on is his skin. His soft, smooth skin. His touch that can manage to erase any anger I had towards him. And don't even get me started on his perfect, open blue, hypnotic eyes.

I let go of his hand and invite him inside, locking the door behind him. I sit down on the coach, thinking about where to start and how to get my opinion across to him, without sounding like some love obsessed teenager.

"I just want to know what's going on with you and with us. One minute we're good friends and then we're good friends who share a kiss, then you completely cut me out, only to tell me you're trying to protect me," I begin, making sure Theo follows along with me. "Then you just shut me out completely. You ignore me in person and online? I stay up every night, worried about you and your safety."