Chapter 40

I sit on the end of my bed, waiting for Theo to finish in the shower. I hold the small present in my hand, waiting to give it to Theo. Even though we haven't been dating for that long, I still wanted to do something special for tonight.

I mean, it's the first time he's been introduced to my parents as my boyfriend, so I believe that calls for something special. I smile looking down at the box, placing it down on my bed, heading back downstairs.

"Hey baby," my mom speaks softly, washing the dishes.

I pick up the towel and begin drying the dishes, smiling down at my mum. I myself am pretty short, but I'm just taller than my mom. I defiantly got my height off her.

"So," she turns to look at me. "You and Theo... things seem to be getting pretty serious."

"Yeah, I mean I hope they are. I really like him mom," I tell her, staring down at one of the plates. "I've never felt like this towards someone. Theo is just so special and different from everyone else. He understands me in a way and he just makes me feel... he just makes me feel normal."

"Liam," my mom says sternly.

Ever since I got diagnosed with IED, I've never been able to consider myself 'normal'. My mom and I use to fight over this all the time. She hated it when I said I wasn't 'normal' and that I was a freak, said she couldn't stand watching her son hate himself.

Of course it would always lead to me quite literally exploding in a fit of anger. We use to fight all the damn time, every day of every week. It would usually end in my mom crying and me breaking at least one thing in the house.

Over the past two years, I have defiantly changed a lot. Getting on the lacrosse team, moving schools, surrounding myself with better people... it changed me for the better.

"You know how much I hate it when you say stuff like that," she tells me, her eyes soft.

"I know," I whisper. "I didn't mean it like that."

She takes a small breath in, continuing on with the dishes. I look down at her, giving her a small smile as she stares up at me.

"Well for what it's worth," she speaks softly, placing her hand on my cheek. "I really do like Theo. He seems like a really nice kid and I have a good feeling about this one."

"Me too, mom."

"So, when he was staying here last time... were you two a thing?" She asks me.

I shake my head, thinking back to the night we had our first kiss.

"No, we were just friends back then. We only became a thing recently," I tell her.

She grabs the towel off me and dries her hands. She grabs my face, pulling me down towards her and placing a kiss on my forehead. She brings me into a hug, squeezing me tightly.

"I am beyond proud of you, Liam." She gives me another kiss, letting me go. "Now go up there with him, I'll be alright here."

I thank her, giving her one last kiss goodnight and heading back up to my room. I open my door, smiling as Theo lay in bed on his phone, a smile consuming his face as I enter the room. I jump into bed beside him, laying on his chest and wrapping my arm around him.

If I'm being honest, I could stay like this for hours. In the arms of Theo, where I feel safe and protected from everything out there. He rubs his hand up and down my back slowly, causing me to slowly close my eyes.

I lay there, listening to his heart beat. I feel his body warmth radiating up to me, warming me up almost instantly. I open my eyes, resting my chin on him so I can get a view of him. I smile, moving up slowly and placing a kiss on his lips.

He puts his phone down, kissing me back. I quickly pull away before the kiss gets too intense, because knowing Theo and I... it's bound to happen. I get up and walked over to my desk draw, grabbing out the small present and handing it to him.

He looks at me slightly confused, hesitantly taking the gift from me. He looks down at the present and then back up to me, a soft smile on his face.

"I didn't know we were doing gifts, I didn't get you anything. Sorry," he tells me.

"No, it's fine. I wasn't expecting you to get me anything and I just wanted to do this as a little surprise." I place a small kiss on his cheek, waiting for him to open it.

He slowly opens it up, smiling as he passes me the wrapping paper. He looks at the small box in his hand, smiling as he opens it up. He takes out the necklace, looking at it with a smile on his face.

"I absolutely love it!" He tells me, holding it out to get a better look at it.

He passes it to me and turns around, waiting for me to put it on him. I smile, getting up and putting it on him. He turns back around, holding the small locket on it.

"There's actually something that makes this even cooler," I tell him, holding the locket up to his eye.

He takes a look in it and gasps slightly, taking it off me and holding it closer to his eye. When you hold the locket up to your eye, you can see the picture I choose to put in there. It was one of the first pictures Theo and I ever took together.

It was when I was staying at his house, just before Gabe came over. We were on his bed and he took the photo. I wasn't even aware of it and I don't even know if Theo meant to do it, because the photo is slightly blurry and neither of us look prepared for the photo, but that's why it's my favourite photo of us.

"Liam," he whispers, finally taking it away from his eye. "I love it... I love you."

"I love you too," I smile.

He takes a step closer to me, grabbing my face and kissing it. I kiss him back, moving my mouth in sync with his. He picks me up and places me softly onto the bed, climbing on top of me, not daring to break apart our lips.

He kisses me harder, his hand trailing down to my neck. My hands run through his hair, slightly tugging on the end, causing him to slightly moan. I smile into the kiss, hungry for more. His hand clasps around my neck slightly, choking me slightly. He pulls away from the kiss, moving down to my neck.

He releases his hand, now sucking on my skin, leaving his marks everywhere. I continue to run my hand through his hair, biting my lip as he hands trail down my body. I grab his face, bring him back up to my lips.

I kiss him hard again, my hand finding their way to the bottom of his shirt. I pull it over his head and allow him to do the same to me. I continue to undress him, starving for his touch. Before I know it, he's inside me once more.

Pure sensation burst through my body, causing me to moan into my pillow. I shove my head further into the pillow, making sure to eliminate any noise that dares to escape me.

I feel his over the top of mine, holding it tightly. He leans down towards my ear, his hot breath hitting my face.

"I love you, Liam Dunbar."