Chapter 34

I came to the conclusion late last night, that I would just stay the night at Theo's. I'm not ready to face my parents and I know that if they saw me like this, they wouldn't be able to sleep. My mum would be worrying about me constantly, checking on me every five minutes and my step-dad would be forcing the truth out of me.

I love them both dearly and appreciate their concern, but I'm not ready to face that yet. And I don't want them to be constantly worried about me.

"Alright," Theo says, walking into the bedroom. "I know you hate this, but we need to clean those wounds again."

I groan, pulling the blanket over my head and hiding from Theo. He sits at the end of the bed, tugging the blanket softly. I slowly remove it from my head, shaking my head as he raises the cleaning supplies.

"Come on," he impatiently says. "It's not that. It's already looking better today, but we need to keep it clean."

I groan and roll out of bed, walking to the end of the bed and sitting down next to Theo. He smiles, placing one hand on my shoulder, the other softly cleaning my wounds. I wince in pain, squeezing my eyes shut as he puts a liquid on my face.

I flinch as he cleans the cut above my eyebrow. He apologises, continuing to clean it gently. He finishes up, handing me an ice pack to place on my eye. I lay down, holding the icepack on my eye, waiting for him to return.

I get up and walk over to his mirror that sits on his desk, which was surprisingly clean. Not that I expected him to be messy and unorganised, I just didn't expect him to be this organised. His own room was set up, there wasn't a single thing on his floor, and everything seemed to be set up at a perfect angle.

I look in the mirror, a disgusted look on my face as I look at the damage. I had a cut just above my eyebrow, my nose looked swollen and twice the size, my eye was swollen and black, but a lot better than yesterday. I can actually see out of it today. My bottom lip had a cut on it, but it wasn't sore or swollen. My cheek also had a cut on it and then my ribs were still in agonising pain.

Apart from that, I didn't look too bad. I mean, it defiantly does look better than yesterday, but my parents would still totally freak out if they saw me looking like this. I can only imagine their faces and reactions.

"Sorry I took so long," Theo's voice comes from down the hallway.

I go to the door, opening it and smiling wide, the cut on my lip bleeding. I wipe off the blood and look back down to Theo. He walks down the hallway, carrying a tray with orange juice and what looks like bacon, eggs and toast.

He enters the room, placing it down on his desk and smiling. He looks down at his work, admiring it before handing me one of the plates. I thank him, taking a seat on the floor and begin eating it. 

"Come up here." Theo pats the spot next to him on the bed.

I sit up next to him, smiling as he looks up at me. He feeds me a piece of his toast, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek as I eat it. I blush slightly, rolling my eyes as he does it, trying not to totally freak out in front of him.

After breakfast, we lay back down in bed, talking about everything. I lay on his chest, my arm wrapped around him, his hand running up and down my back, sending shivers down my spine. He gives me the occasional kiss on the forehead, causing butterflies to explode in my stomach.

"How did you go on the exams?" Theo asks me, his hand moving up to my hair.

"Terrible," I laugh. "I suck at exams. Too much pressure."

"I'm sure you did amazing," he reassures me.

I smile into his chest, closing my eyes as I listen to his heartbeat. We lay there in silence for the next few, the only noise was the birds outside. I take a small breath in, as I pluck up the courage to ask Theo a question I've been wanting to ask him for a little while now. Ever since we shared that kiss the first night he stayed at my place.