Gone {TonyxDaughterReader}

(Y/n) P.O.V.

We were so close. So close to this being over. So close to a happy ending.

I'm so sorry I'm the one that made you cry.

I saw Strange. I saw him hold that one finger up. I saw my father's look of realization. I knew what he was about to do. I think of my younger sister, Morgan, who would have to live fatherless. She'd feel they way I felt when he was lost in space, only without ever having a real chance with him. I thought of my step mother, who really felt more like blood, who was losing the love of her life. I thought of my unofficial brother losing his mentor. I thought of myself losing the one person I had for years.

Thanos had taken everything. This was supposed to be over, to be fixed. I'm just a kid who was supposed to get on with her life. A kid who was never meant to be a part of the 'heroing.' I'm not going to let him take anything else from me.

I'm so sorry to play hero.

He never stood a chance against me. Fresh to the hardest of the fight, a quick mover, and determined compared to his tired, slow movements, and desperation. I fled forward, latching myself to Thanos' gauntlet just after he places the final stone, but before he can snap. He easily flings away, but doesn't realize I let him. I had gotten what I aimed for. The energy wracks pain through my body as the stone latch to my suited hand. I make eye contact with my dad. He has a look of fear, regret, sorrow, all of it. "I am...inevitable." Thanos snaps, and looks confused as nothing happens. He looks at me, my hand up triumphantly. "But I....am a stubborn Stark." I manage to press my fingers together to snap.

Only sixteen by my fight is older.

Agony, silent agony. But also pride. We all came back, and now they can all go forward. There's a little sorrow in me, I'll never get to achieve anything I wanted, but the sacrifice is worth it. I am reassured they will all be okay. I get the satisfaction of seeing Thanos turn to ash just like Peter did, all of them did. I drag myself back a little to lean on what may be a rock or a tree. My entire body feels weak and heavy. I see Peter land in front of me, crying and reach towards me. "Hey, (Y/n), (Y/n), we did it, we won. Please don't go." I can't make myself talk. The energy to do anything has left me.

I really didn't mean to, I just had to save you.

"Please, let's just go back to before. Let's argue over the best way to set up legos, an-and eat all of Thor's pop tarts at midnight again." He sounds so desperate, and it makes my heart hurt. Or maybe that from dying, I don't know. Dad and Pepper rush to my side as well. "It's okay..." She says it with a tiny smile, but her voice betrays her real feelings. "It's okay, (Y/n)."

"You should have let me be a hero....guess I raised you to be like me too much, huh?" I force strength in myself to nod at him, small but noticeable.

I love you. I'm just sorry I can't say it.

"That's al-alright," his voice is staggered by shaking and tears, "that's how we know you're the best. You always have been, kid. I love you so much. I'm proud." Hearing him say it makes me smile, despite my spotty vision. Air seems to just stop coming to me, and pain ebbs away. "You can rest now." And I do.

Third Person P.O.V.

Tony Stark, wracked with emotion, who would have thought? His daughter, who had been geared up for her future, laid brokenly before him. "(Y/n)..." He openly sobbed. Something no one had ever seen, nor thought they would see. That alone was an eerie sight. He hugged her ashen body to his chest, head resting on hers, wrapping her fully in his arms. Tony felt robbed. He was meant to be in her place, he was supposed to go before her. That's how it worked, parents before the child.

Everyone else was silent, the only sound being from Tony. His sobs, muttering things to her that she would never hear.

"No,"
"Not fair,"
"Not right,"
"Come back,"
"I love you."

His baby girl, once full of life, now was hollow shell. They could all tell him how sorry they are, how awful it is, or that's she's in a better place now. It wouldn't make a damn difference. He wouldn't see her smile, go to college, he wouldn't walk her down the aisle. He wouldn't see her grow up. Because she was gone.