Dog {Bucky x Reader}

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"One more time, Bucky. What are we not here to do?" I ask my pouty boyfriend. "Get a dog."

"Great, and what are we here to do?"

"Pick up paperwork." I kiss his cheek. "Good boy." I tease. I worked as a doctor for the Avengers, but also work veterinary medicine as well, so part of my time was dedicated to local animal shelters that couldn't afford to have doctors checking up the animals every week. I found a new shelter, and asked for as many medical files on the animals as they had. Now we had to go get them. Thing is, Bucky wanted to come, and Bucky loves dogs.

We walk through the doors, and are immediately greeted by the sound of barking. "Alright, I'm going to go talk to the employees, will you wait here?"

"I can't even look at the dogs?"

"No because you'll get attached."

"Please!" He gives me his best puppy dog eyes. Bitch knows I can't say no to him like that. I bite my lip, and give in. "Fine, ask the people at the front desk about it." He immediately perks up and pecks my lips. "You're the best."

"I know." We greet the people up front. One takes me to the back office while the other takes Bucky to the dog kennels. "Here's the files we have. Not every animal has one, those from of the streets with no histories and all. We're really grateful to you, Dr. (L/n)." The woman says.

"Don't mention it. It's my pleasure, really. I have three other shelters on my list, and I have human patients as well, so I'll try and be here every other week. What species do you keep here?"

"Mostly cat and dogs. We have a few rodents, various kinds, but that's it." I nod, then thank her for the information. Holding the files close to my chest I begin my search for Bucky. In the mass of dog kennels, I easily find by the sound of his voice. "Bucky?" I turn a corner to find him cooing to a black and white dog. "It's okay, you're still such a good boy. You can still be loved, and you're still beautiful." He sounds nearly in tears. I'm confused until I see the dog. He is missing his front leg.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Bucky gasps. "Don't swear in front of the precious baby." He cries. "I knew I shouldn't let you back here." He hugs the dog close to him, who, surprisingly wags his tail happily despite the restriction. "He's like me, and I love him, (Y/n). I will take care of him, and love him, and walk him-"

"Oh my god, Bucky," I laugh, "I'm not your mom. And I'm not heartless. Let's go fill out the paperwork." His face lights up like a fucking Christmas tree.

~~~~~

"You brought a dog into my tower?" Tony asks. I'm informing the team of the situation before Bucky comes in with the dog. "Look, I had to. I'm pretty sure Bucky loves him more then he loves me. He reflected off him. The dog only has-" Just then the dog hobbles into the room, Bucky just behind. "His name is Norman." Bucky states proudly. Sam looks like he's about to make a comment, but I glare at him to shush him. Tony rolls his eyes and finally looks down at Norman, eyes widening when he sees he only has three legs.

"Well you're a little fighter, aren't you?" He asks, crouching down to pet him. Norman seems very happy about the new found attention, and does his best to jump up in him. "Fine, he can stay." Tony announces. Everyone let's out a little cheer, which excites Norman. He runs around awkwardly before settling, stomach up, at Buckys feet, who immediately crouches down to scratch his belly. I shake my head in amusement. Maybe I'm glad I let Bucky go see the dogs. I think Bucky needed his.

Bonus

I lean into Buckys side, Norman on his other, head on his lap. We are sitting on the floor since Norman struggles onto the couch. It's calm, quiet, nice.

Until Tony comes barging in, yelling.

"I've got something you'll love." He says in a sing song voice. "What is it?" Bucky asks. "Not you, Norman." I snort. Tony had grown to love the dog just as much as us, they all had. "Well what is it?" I ask again. "To the lab!" He exclaims. Bucky and I look at each other, shrug, and get up to follow. Bucky whistles so Norman will follow.

Once in the lab, Tony reveals his latest work. "Is that a metal dog leg?" I ask. Tony nods, pointing out how the markings match Buckys. "You are something else, Stark." Bucky says with a smile.

"Genius, I know. Let's fit Norman for it."