Froze {Shuri x Reader}

Third Person P.O.V.

"Shuri, you're a beautiful genius, you know that, right?"

"How could I forget? You remind me every day."

"I have to make sure you know. Even if it means being up at three in the morning to face call you." Shuri huffed out a laugh, and pecked (Y/n)'s cheek. "Luckily you're actually here right now." (Y/n) frowned. "Not for much longer. The Avengers will want to leave as soon as they're done doing boring political stuff with your brother." Shuri also frowned at the thought, but still took (Y/n)'s hands in hers. "Then we'll have to make the best of what we have left."

Shuri and (Y/n) had an ongoing long distance relationship for close to a year now. A miracle that it had lasted to the outsiders eye, but they were so perpetually in love it was sickening. Not that anyone outside of themselves and Peter Parker knew. They were scared to come out, or rather, (Y/n) was. She didn't want to hurt Shuris image, no matter what Shuri said in disagreement, nor her adoptive mothers 'Avenger' image with having a gay daughter. Still, the young couple had managed to sneak calls and texts, visits in private jets, dates late at night when everyone was asleep. Perfect, really, besides the difficulty of hiding. They both decided it was worth it though.

"Shuri, can I be honest with you?" Shuri nodded, tilting her head a bit in confusion. "I think I love you. You don't have to say it back, but I wanted to say it in person." (Y/n)s words caught Shuri off guard, she froze to her spot in shock. "If you're not ready, I understand." Shuri shut her girlfriend up before she'd start rambling with a kiss. It was so loving, and sweet. "I love you, (Y/n). I'm so angry you got to say it first." They both giggled, happiness bubbling wishing them. Just then T'Challa walked in, causing the two girls to quickly break apart. "Hello, Brother. What do you need?"

"I've come to inform (Y/n) that the Avengers are preparing to leave." He said, looking slightly smug. "Of course, right. Thanks for letting me know. Will you be seeing us off?" (Y/n) asked Shuri hopefully. "Of course. I'll be right there." (Y/n) nodded and walked off, containing her blush. Once she was gone, T'Challa spoke to his sister. "You froze." Without response, he left the lab with a smirk on his face, leaving Shuri utterly stunned.