Oops {Bucky x Reader}

Third Person P.O.V.

After Bucky had been instated in the Avengers Tower, it didn't take long for (Y/n) to develop a crush on him. Though, a crush was fleeting and sounded childish. Love sounded too strong. What exactly is the in between? A passion for? Whatever it was, she refused to make a move. She just knew she wanted to kiss him. Very, very badly. She knew she wanted to look in those gorgeous green eyes, and be the one to make him smile. She knew she wanted to give him the world because it was what he deserved. What she didn't know what that Bucky wanted the same thing.

The pair had grown to be good friends. There were things Bucky knew about (Y/n) that no one else did. But still, Bucky was not the same confidant, flirty person from the 40s. Talking to her made him fluttery and nervous. Bucky would ask Steve what to do about you, but his answer was always the same. "You're the one that knows her the best, Buck. Just ask her out, you'll know how." It frustrated Bucky to no end that Steve was absolutely no help. Directly anyway. Steve knew the two were both going to dance around this for as long as possible, and since (Y/n) confided in Natasha the way Bucky did Steve, they were, naturally, conspiring behind their backs.

So it was no surprise to them when they were locked in the training room together.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. open the door." Bucky insisted after you couldn't push the door open. "I'm sorry, Mr. Barnes, but it would appear I cannot." You resorted to slamming the door and yelling. "Hey, Hey, is anyone outside? Steve! Nat! We're stuck!" Steve and Natasha tried to hide their smirks and giggles as they responded. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, we're goddamn sure! F.R.I.D.A.Y. won't even do it." (Y/n) hissed. "Calm down, just looks like somethings jammed in. We'll have to make Tony fix it." Natasha responded. "Are you kidding? That could be hours!" (Y/n)'s insistent protest hurt Bucky. Was she really trying that hard to get away from me? He wondered. No, she really was nervous as hell. "Yeah, well, I hope you've got water." (Y/n) groaned and flopped to the floor as the two outside the door left.

Bucky settled down next to her. For a few minutes it was quiet as they just admired how the sweat made the muscles glisten on each other's bodies. Finally (Y/n) cleared her throat. "Well, um...how are you?" Bucky shrugged. "Be a lot better we weren't stuck in here." He saw her frown, and started backtracking. "N-Not that you are bad company, in fact, I couldn't think of better company-"

"Bucky, it's okay. I'm only upset because my sandwich is out there." (Y/n) said with a laugh. "I swear, if Sam eats it he's going to be missing a few more teeth." Bucky laughed at her words. "Only is I get to watch."

"Deal." It fell to silence again, but it was more comfortable then before. (Y/n) leaned her back onto Buckys shoulder. His metal one. It made him shift uncomfortably for a moment. "Do you want me to move?" She asked quietly. "N-No, it's okay."

"Wait a minute, let's break the door down." (Y/n) suggested, perking up quickly. Bucky internally frowned. He didn't really want to leave yet. This may be his only quiet moment alone with her, and he couldn't see why she would want to get away so bad. But she was desperate to leave. She was sure the longer they stayed, the higher chance she'd make a fool of herself in front of Bucky. "Somehow, I don't think Stark would a approve." Bucky made an excuse.

"He has ten minutes before I use you as a battering ram."

"Like you could even lift me."

"I think I could convince you."

"Oh yeah, how's that?" (Y/n) used her very best puppy eyes. "That's not fair." Bucky said, a smile he was failing to hide on his lips. He shoved her away a little, and immediately regretted it as she stayed away. "Not my fault I'm so adorable." She insisted. Bucky sighed, and stood up. "Fine, you she-devil."

"Look, I want that sandwich." They both laughed. Bucky backed up a small bit before running full speed at the door. Before he even made contact, it was being opened. Bucky went flying to the floor. "Bucky, are you alright?" (Y/n) asked. Her word said concerned, but her voice said teasing. Steve and Natasha were laughing openly. "I blame you for this." He said to her. She rolled her eyes, and helped him up. "Oh hush, you big baby. Thank you for trying."

"C'mon Buck. We still have a run to do." Steve said, hiding the disappointment that their plan didn't work. Bucky just nodded, and turned back to you. "Hope you enjoy your sandwich." Without thinking, he leaned over and pecked your lips. He did it casually, as if you'd been dating for months. Nobody said anything as he walked away with Steve. They made it just out of her ear shot when Bucky asked, "Did I just-"

"Yup."

"Crap."