{Steve x Reader}

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I walk into the apartment giggly and stumbling. I'm tipsy, and a man just as impaired as me is in tow of me. I went out partying in a tight dress, of course I was going to come home with someone. I turn on the light, giggling as he tries to reach under my dress. "Wait, wait, gotta get to my room." I tell him. He doesn't stop the playful kisses, which makes my laughing louder, and my roommate emerge from his room. "Steve! I didn't know you were home." I thought he was gone for work. When I was looking at roommate listing I sure didn't expect to be living with Captain America, but we got along well despite my promiscuity.

"It's late." He says. I smile wildly. "Sorry, thought you were gone. Imma...in the middle of something." I whisper. He frowns. "You're drunk." I look back at my endeavor with annoyance. He seems pretty freaked out. "You didn't tell me your roommate was Captain America." I roll my eyes. "It's just Steve. Relax." He shakes his head. "You know what? We should do this another time, I'm gonna get a cab." He quickly leaves, making me pout. "You scared him off, Steve, you're no fun." He chuckles, lifting me easily and heading to my room. "I know, how unfortunate for you that you have a friend that wants to keep you from making bad choices." He lays me on my bed, removes my shoes, and leaves with a "goodnight." I roll over in my bed. I feel alone. I go to sleep with nothing better to do.

~~~~~

I wake up with a mild headache, and feel lethargic. Not the worst hangover. Nothing coffee can't fix. I drag myself out of bed towards the kitchen to find Steve has already made a pot. Wordlessly, he hands me a mug filled with hot, black coffee. "How do you feel?" He says it in a teasing tone, but his body seems tense.

"Not too bad. I wasn't that drunk. I remember you scaring off my score for the night." I bite back. "Oh well though, I doubt he would have been any good."

"Don't you get sick of the one night stands?" I quirk my eyebrows at him. "I know you don't get the whole sex thing, oh innocent Captain America, but some of us like to feel good." I see his jaw tighten. "Yeah well I'm sick of random guys coming and going in my apartment." I look at him incredulously. He's never spoken about this before, nor minded when I talk about my sex life. It's always been a huge joke to him where he laugh at my misfortune.

"Well what's got your panties in a twist? Since when do you have a problem with this? You could have just talked to me, I'll just start going to their places." I start to sip my coffee and scroll my phone, thinking that this little spat was over with, but he presses. "What's the point of being with wo many men if you're never going to make a connection?"

"Are you calling me a whore, Steve?"

"What? No, that's not what I-"

"What's your deal then? Why are you so bothered now? What changed? Why does it matter all of a sudd-"

"I realized I'm in love with you, and it hurts me to see you with so many guys without even being really happy with them!" He says it so fast that I almost don't catch it. His face is pink and his mouth in a thin line. It's the most embarrassed I've ever seen him.

"Steve...I...me?"

"God, how could it not be you, (Y/n)? Have you seen yourself? You're gorgeous and funny and exciting. I didn't realize it for a long time, but it got harder and harder to do you with random men. I can't deny how I feel. You make waking up in this century seem worth it."

No one's ever said something that meaningful to me before.

"Kiss me." I blurt out. His face darkens to red. "I can't do that! I haven't taken you out yet!" I smile at his gentleman attitude. "Fine, then take me out to dinner tonight?" He smiles so wide, it's adorable. "Perfect. I'll show you I can do everything those guys can't."

"Hopefully get a good orgasm out of me is one of them" I tease.

"(Y/N)!"