Nap {Loki x Reader}

Asgard the book is out! (Godsiblings x Reader story)! New chapter and everything :)

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I yawn and stretch then return my focus to my work. I work with Tony and Bruce in the lab. I help with a lot of Tony's suits, improving them in anyway possible, but I never do any of the crime fighting myself. That's not my forte. Anyways, I think I've spent...hm...maybe 42 hours working? Not even a fully two days, it's fine. My attempt is to add another form of defense besides the repulsors. Meaning, water blasters.

Things get set on fire in battle all the time, and with this, he could put those out. Could end up saving trapped members of the team or civilians, plus I remember Tony talking those freaky fiery people he encountered so who knows what else this could do. Problem is, water and machinery don't get along well, so I've been trying to find a way to make compatible components, and nothings been working.

"Goddammit!" I curse loudly as another test backfired on me. Sparks shoots up from the prototype, a few managing to land on my hand. I swear like a sailor as I stand up to cool the tiny burns under cold water. "You should wear gloves, Ms. (L/n)." FRIDAY reminds me. "Yeah, yeah, I know. I've gotten enough lectures about it." I mutter in reply. "Mr. Stark has informed that I shouldn't let you stay up this long. It isn't good for you." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, well, Stark can bite my ass, that hypocrite." I know the program can't do anything to force me to stop, so I turn off the water and get back to work. A few moments later I fear footsteps coming towards the lab. "Did the glorified computer tattle on me?" I snarl, turning and expecting Tony or Bruce. But instead it's Loki, which surprises me. My face softens.

"Terribly sorry. I didn't know you were in a bad mood." His smirk says he's teasing, but his tone says he actually is apologetic. Thor insisted Loki had made a reform since New York, and since Thor is a literal god, nobody could stop him from letting Loki stay in the tower. Of course, Loki never stopped being a bit pesky, but he was certainly no murderer now. The others were still wary around him, and I suppose they have a right, but if they'd listen like I have, they'd know New York was never truly his fault. Thanos always had a hand in destruction.

"Come in Loki." I rub my face tiredly. "I've noticed you've been absent for awhile. I came to check in on you."

"That's very kind of you. I've just been working. If that's all, you can-"

"When have you last rested? Or eaten?" I feel my lips curl into a smile. "Is someone worried about my well being?" I see him scowl. "No. I just can't let you perish. You're the only tolerable one." I huff out a laugh. "Whatever you say, Loki. You know you love me." I tease. He changes the subject. "You didn't answer my question."

"Um, I haven't slept since before I started working, and I ate an apple that day we both woke up early." I recall. "That was Wednesday."

"And?"

"It's Friday."

"Oh. Hadn't noticed." I hear him sigh as I look back at the burnt up project on my table. "You need a break, darling."

"I'm so close, I can feel it."

"Maybe it'll come easier after some rest." I ignore him until he's practically dragging me out of the lab. "H-Hey! I'm working." I protest, trying to pry my wrist from his grip. "You may return to it after a break." After a few more tugs, I relent. I allow him to lead me to the kitchen. "If I let you go, do you promise you won't run?" I snort. "You think that low of me?"

"You've done it before." He deadpans. I give a cheeky smile in return. He lets me go with a dramatic sigh. He starts walking to the counter and tries, keyword being tries, to make a sandwich. "You're attempting to serve me. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you actually care about me." I tease, sitting across from him. He glowers at the peanut butter, which refuses to spread under his control, but still answers me. "So what if I do?"

I can't help but smile at this. "Maybe I care about you, too, Loki." He spares me a quick glance, cheeks dusted ever so slightly pink, then returns to his tasks. "It's not stabbing. Be more gentle. Turn it on its side." He does as I say, and finally makes a sandwich. He hands to me, looking quite embarrassed with the attempt. "It looks very nice, Loki. Thank you." The sandwich looks like it got ran over. A little fake praise never hurt anyone.

"Just eat." He crosses his arms and mutters, "Mortals." I chuckle and practically inhale the food. I didn't realize how hungry I'd gotten. "You know, where the rest of the team go?  I would have been notified if there was a mission."

"Somewhere around here. I don't keep track of them."

"Only me then?" Finally he gives a soft smile. "Perhaps. Now, you should sleep."

"I don't feel like it." I whine like a child. "Well, you're not going back to work." He retorts. "Then let's watch a movie. No work, I promise."

"Fine." He relents. I excitedly drag him to the living room, and pop on a movie from Netflix. At first, we're sitting with a few inches of space between us, but then I scoot closer to him, and rest my head on his shoulder. Halfway through the movie, I'm just lying body against his. Kind of an accident, but if he doesn't care, I'm not going to complain. I feel my eyes droop, and let them close with a smile.

Third Person P.O.V.

She laid on top of him, finally in a deep sleep. The movie long ended. He admired her, even in her very unattractive manner of sleep. Loki heard footsteps coming into the room, and it made him whirl his head in that direction, carefully, so she wouldn't stir. He was ready prepped with a nasty glare for the intruder. It turned out to be Tony walking in, holding some gadget he'd been working, wanting to consult with (Y/n).

As a warning, Loki slowly yet angrily dragged his finger across his neck should he wake (Y/n). That was enough for Tony to feel the danger radiating from him, and slowly and quietly back away. Loki looked back down to (Y/n)'s sleeping form, and felt a warmth grown in his heart. He wrapped his arm protectively over her, and allowed himself to fall into a comfortable sleep as well.