The Same {Bucky x Reader}

Third Person P.O.V.

The Avengers stealthily boarded the cargo ship, covered by the darkness of the night. They had spent months chasing her, The Reaper. Another deadly soldier who Hydra had used to replace the Winter Soldier. She seemed to be popping up everywhere, and the Avengers were sure she was up to no good. She left death behind her as if she were truly the one to wield the scythe and lead the souls. But the killings had stopped two months ago, and she was on the run from them. They were glad for the spared lives, but frustrated at how the clues to find her got scarcer and scarcer.

Fury's sources had tracked her this ship exporting various weapons out of Africa. Though it seemed to have no connections to Hydra or any smugglers on their radar, it was definitely a dangerous and illegal ship. Still, they had to focus on the target above all else. If she was traveling with military grade weapons and explosives, it did not mean good news.

The team split up, searching for her. And who should find her first then her predecessor, Bucky Barnes. "I've got eyes on her," he whispered into the intercom, "on the bow, portside. She's going through the crates." Before Bucky could engage, a rumbling came from within the ship. "Explosive going off in the hull. Everyone get off the ship!" He heard Natasha call. Bucky saw the Reaper start running, and gave chase with determination. Every attack against Hydra felt personal to him, he wanted to make them all pay. He wanted them to lose.

He grabbed her by the back of her jacket, which made her whirl around, freeing herself from his grasp. She put her arms up as if this were a mere sparring match. "Soldat de iarna. El trăiește până la urmă." Bucky was caught off-guard. Romanian? "Soldatul de iarnă a murit. Omul adevărat a trăit."

"If you call doing someone else's bidding living." She snapped, lunging at him with a left hook. The both swing and dodge and miss until The Reaper finally caught Bucky in the gut. She tried to run, but he recovered enough to grab her ankle. It proved to be a futile effort and the explosions in the ship got closer and more violent. A large blast no more then hundred feet away releases enough force to knock them over board into the water below. 

(Y/n) P.O.V. 

I gasp for breath when I get to the surface. My body aches from the impact, and I growl at the  frustration of being caught. The Winter Soldier pops up about ten feet from me, trying to contact his team. I assume it's no use when he slams his hand into the water. More explosions come from the ship making it increasingly more dangerous to be around. The soldier spots me, and begins swimming toward me with malice in his eyes. "You guys blew up the ship? Aren't you supposed to be the good guys?" I snap. "We didn't do this! Why were you on that ship, Reaper?" He growls. "That's a need to know basis." I look around and spot something in the distance. Without waiting for his response, I start to swim away. "Where do you think you're going?" He calls.

"There's land about a mile that way, and I don't see your team anywhere around here. Not that I would find their presence real welcoming. Think you can keep up?" I ask mockingly. "I'm a super soldier with a metal arm. I think you should ask yourself that." He snaps.

"Ah, you wouldn't let me drown, would you?" I ask, already swimming again. He responds gruffly. "That remains to be seen." The water swirls around me, rough and choppy and dark, but warm enough. Its terrifying and threatening, part of what makes the ocean so beautiful. The perfect killer. The soldier ends up few yards ahead of me, and reaches the sand before me. He glares at me the whole time I pull up. "The hell do you want?" I hiss. He ignores the questions.

"The other Avengers will find us soon. When they do, you'll finally be caught." I clench my teeth in anger. If only he knew. Maybe he wouldn't be such a douche. But he doesn't deserve to know. He doesn't deserve a thing from me. "Not if I find a way off first. Or get rid of you. Or Hydra beats them." I notice the slight change in demeanor. I realize he fears them. I smirk. "What? Can't even handle the word? They fucked your up good, didn't they?" He stalks towards me, real close to my face. "Shut up." He quickly grabs my wrists, cuffing them before I can react.