Check {Natasha x Reader}

(Y/n) P.O.V.

"Separate checks?"

"Just one please." I tell the waiter before turning back to Natasha. "And now we wait." I say with a smirk. "He's gonna put the check in front of me." Natasha responds cockily. "We'll see."

"(Y/n), I'm a known, badass, assassin. If anyone is in control, it's me." See, a few days ago, Stark, in one of his drunken party stupors, told us that if you get one check with a same sex friend and the waiter gives you the check, they've decided you're the top. Natasha and I decided to test this via bet. The decided top get to make the other do whatever they ask. I'm pretty confident I'm going to win.

"We'll see, Nat." I repeat. "Right. I hope you're prepared to make my dinner for the next week."

"And I hope you're prepared to do what I want."

"You know, for someone so confident, I'd thought you'd share your wish by now." I give her a cheeky smile. "I can't jinx it." Finally, the waiter comes back around with the cheek. I panic for a moment, as he's coming up on Natashas side. She smirks as she notices this, but then her face goes slack as the waiter goes out of his way to place the check in front of me. I smile widely. "Thank you. I hope you know you deserve a nice tip." He thanks me back and takes his leave.

"I-but-how did you-what?" I place my head in my hand. "My, my, Nat. Have you been rendered speechless?"

"I look like a top! And you do not!" She whisper yells in defiance. "Looks can be deciding, Ms. Widow. And there's one important factor you didn't think of." I lift up my hand to show her my nails. "I cut them real short last night, and made sure the waiter saw any opportunity I got." I smirk deviously. Natashas jaw drops.

"So when you took plates or-or glasses from him, or when you touched his arm to get his attention, that was you showing your short ass nails? Not you hitting on him?" I make a suggestive gesture with my eyebrows. "I'm surprised at you, (Y/n). I really am. I can't believe this..." I laugh as I pay the bill, then stand up. "Come along, bottom." I tease.

She curses under her breath, but still stands. "So what is it you want?" She asks as we get on the street. I take a nervous breath. This could ruin our friendship, or change everything for the better. "Kiss me." I turn to her. She doesn't jump back, she doesn't even seem phased. She just smiles, and leans in. Once she's pressed her lips to mine, I pull her closer by the waist to deepen it. My other hand cups her cheek, and her hands are wrapped around to rest on my back. I've imagined this kiss so many time, but the fantasies never compare to the real thing. "Damn, you're a good kisser." I mumble before kissing her again.

When we finally break, Natasha laughs. For a second, I'm worried she's about to back on this, but she just says, "I would have done that without the bet."

"I didn't think you were interested..."

"How could I not be?" I smirk. "Well, if you're such a top, why didn't you ask me out?"

"If I recall, the waiter think that's your job." She retorts. I smirk. "Should we find out?"