Locket {Scott Lang x Reader}

Part of this comes from a show called How I Met Your Mother (Tye locket business, and the bridge scene)

Third Person P.O.V.

Scott, no matter who much he told himself not to, loved (Y/n). Her smile, her quirks, her voice. They were childhood friends, he knew all her stories and ticks. She knew the same for him. It seemed inevitable he'd fall for her, and deep down he always loved her, but he'd realized it too late. He realized it after his first marriage, after a child, after prisons, after Hope. After she announced her engagement with another man. In the five years he was gone, lost in the quantum realm, she'd moved on. She'd loved him too, but she thought he was dead. It wasn't until after the snap was reversed that they got back in touch. And the news shattered him.

Still he put on a smile, and pretended to be happy for her. For months it was planning, and excitement, until it wasn't. (Y/n) was freaking out because she'd had this locket from her grandmother that was supposed to be her something old. She couldn't find it anywhere with her things, and thought it was a sign not to marry the other man. So what could Scott do but help find it? He knew she would be happy with the man, and even if her fiancé wasn't going to find the locket, Scott sure as hell would. He'd tracked it down enough to know Cassie had found it, and her mother assumed it was Hope's, so Scott called up his ex to meet for the locket.

The met at the park on a bridge, Hope looking a little pissed. Scott wasn't afraid though. "Please, can I have the locket?" He asked her. "No."

"What? Hope!" She stopped him. "Scott, listen to me. You're being crazy." She warned him. "I'm being crazy?" He asked. "Yes! How long have you been hung up on (Y/n)? How many years? And you're still killing yourself to fetch dumb little trinkets for her. That's crazy! That's more than crazy. I don't think there's a word for what that is!" Hope ranted, the locket tight in her hand.

"Actually, there is a word for that. It's love. I'm in love with her, okay? If you're looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want, no matter how much it destroys you, it's love! And when you love someone, you just, you don't stop, ever. Even when people roll their eyes or call you crazy. Even then. Especially then! You just-- you don't give up! Because if I could give up...if I could just, you know, take the whole world's advice and-and move on and find someone else, that wouldn't be love. That would be...that would be some other disposable thing that is not worth fighting for. But I-- that is not what this is. So, please, can I have the locket?"

His little speech seemed to have made something click inside Hope. She immediately softened. She handed him the locket, and told him, "I really hope you get her someday." She told him. Scott couldn't find any response as she left. Two days later, he presented the locket to her. She screamed in excitement when she saw it. "Scott, how on Earth did you find this? I looked everywhere!" He explained the situation to her, hiding the hurt he felt that now she'd go on to marry someone else. "Scott, you're amazing."

"Yeah, I know. So, you're all set then? You've realized the universe isn't sending you a sign?" He was joking, but when he saw her face fall, he wished he'd never said anything. "No...there's a sign, I just saw the wrong one. I'm meant to be with you. My own fiancé didn't do anything to help, and you are the one who went through all the trouble. You're the person I can rely on, someone who finds this locket for me!" Scott, no matter how badly he wanted to hear those words, knew it was wrong. "(Y/n), you're being crazy."

"No, no I'm not. Scott, I don't thing I can do this. I should be with you." She admitted. "I don't want to hear that." He muttered, lying through his teeth. "You can do this, you love him. If you had told him how much this locket means to you, I'm sure he would have done anything to find it." He reassured. "No! It's you, Scott. It's always been you. There is no one on this green earth that I'd be better off with. I always knew deep down I should have told you how I felt, but then you were thought to be dead and I knew I had to move on. Let's go away from here, let's run off into the sunset together."

"You're crazy." Scott whispered once more. (Y/n) nodded, looking down at the locket. "Maybe....but no matter what you say, I can't do this." She started rushing around the house, removing the ring and writing a note and packing her clothes. "(Y/n), (Y/n), stop! This is insane!" Scott tried to reason. "Is it? Is it?! Scott, I love you! I can't marry someone knowing my heart belongs to someone else. I have to go whether you love me back or not." And finally, she broke him down. "I just have one question." Scott said. She looked at him inquisitively. "What's the quickest way to the sunset?"