Twenty

Jorge's Point of View
I was now resting on my bed, thinking about the first date. We ended up finishing it after we left the hospital, because I still had reservations and didn't want it to go to waste. The night went good, an we had some laughs because she didn't want to think about the accident that had just happened. I remember asking Crystal if she would mind that I'd let Esai know, and she was unsure because apparently he was at his house before the crash. In the end, we agreed to let him know later.
I recalled to the dinner date an couldn't help but smile. While awaiting our food, Crystal and I had burned through some interesting topics. It wasn't the kind of topic you'd talk about on a first date, but it was appealing to hear her story. She told me about a guy she had once had a relationship with. She explained that they had known each other, and only dated for about 2 months. When I asked why it ended so soon, she stated that his mother didn't approve of them dating. The mother had even went to the extent of spreading lies, and the guy being a momma boy, listened to his mother's words and ended the relationship but agreed on continuing the friendship. I asked her how huge of an effect it had on her, and she had only said "it hurt." It hurt her because he was her first boyfriend, and she then decided to not called any guy her "boyfriend" if she had a new opportunity. So what we are, it has no label. We just know we're together. One of my last questions was if she still spoke to him, and she replied that they speak once in a while. He is usually the first to message, but she doesn't always answer because of work, tiredness, or for no apparent reason. Our dinner had arrived, and then she asked me about Cindy. I thought it was funny that she knew we dated. I explained that we were together for a while, but she was the type to get bored quickly. I didn't want to bring any offense to Cindy, so I kept every other detail to myself. All I could think of was the guy: Damian. I never understood how someone could hurt another person's feelings, and not feel guilty about it. Crystal knew it was bothering me and explained what Savannah had told her. Savannah had used a quote. I agreed with the explanation, and we decided to change subjects. I learned that Crystal and I weren't that different. We had gone through similar situations, but took a slightly different approach to it. When her parents would be angry at her, she'd fight back. All I could do was sit and listen as my folks shouted into my ear. When someone had spread a rumor about her, she cried one day but the Savannah gave her advice and she shook it off. She decided to only focus on school. I learned that whenever Crystal needed help, Savannah was there. There was a point in my life when I was bullied, but kept it in until one day a random guy approached me and became my friend. He (Esai) had shown me Pink Floyd, and like a little fan girl, I fell in love. That was how I found my true passion: music. I then taking guitar lessons from Chris, and then learned other genres of rock. She took a path towards school, and I followed the music. When I detailed about how music helped me, she had a huge grin on her face. I asked what she was smiling about and she stated that she loves it when people talk about something they're passionate about, how they have this light in their eyes and use emotion in their story. This made me smile, and question what her passion was. She told me she had yet to find it, and was waiting until the day she discovered it. At the end of our dinner date, we stopped before the door. It was quiet outside, and the only light on was the front door light. She whispered that she had a great time, despite the fact about Savannah getting hurt. I replied that it was a great first date, and we kissed goodbye. I hadn't expected her to actually kiss me back, but she did. We hugged, and waved after saying goodnight. Rikko had even gotten to take a photo of us. He sent me the photo, and I'm sitting here on my bed, staring at it, thinking "How can someone like her be with someone like me?"
I put my phone down, and shut my eyes. The sound of my music played, until it began to ring. I opened my eyes and answer the phone call.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Is it true?" Esai freaked.
"Is what?" My eyes widened, I wasn't sure if we were on the same page.
"About Savannah, she was in an accident?" He asked.
"It's true."
"Why didn't you tell me? Is she okay? Which hospital is she at?" He blurted.