Twenty-Six

Savannah's P.O.V.

After talking to Joel about everything, I felt a huge weight off of my shoulders. He had told me about the little things I had missed at school and what not. Suddenly the back door opened and in walked Crystal and Jorge.
"Guess what I just found out!" Crystal grinned from ear to ear.
"What?" My ears perked up.
"Kevin and Yulissa are together!"
"Shut up!" I laughed in disbelief.
"Look." She handed me her phone.
It was a photo of Kevin and Yulissa together.
"There's no caption." I stated.
"And?" She asked.
"Just because they're taking a picture together doesn't mean anything."
"I can feel it in my bones that they're together." She breathed.
I laughed, "I thought you weren't good at this sort of stuff."
"Text her." Crystal demanded.
By then, the guys were in their own world, talking to each other.
I whipped out my phone and began to text Yulissa.

Text Messages:
Me: Just saw the photo of you and K. Are you two a thing now?
Y: I'd be lying if I said no...
Me: OMG. When, how did he ask?
Y: During lunch on Friday. He said he wanted to be friends. And actually I asked him...
Me: You asked??

Crystal was over my shoulder reading the messaged with me and whispering, "I told you so."

Y: Yes. I've liked him for quite a while now.

"I'm thinking of having another hangout today. What do you two think?" Jorge asked.
"Perfect! We can invite Kevin and Yulissa." I exclaimed. "Man, they are so cute together."
"I shipped it before I even knew they were friends." Crystal smiled. "I'll just have to call in sick at work for tonight."
"Whoa. What happened to the innocent Crystal I knew?" I chuckled. "You've become such a rebel."
"Its actually quite fun." She confessed.
"Ladies." Joel interrupted us. "Shall we go and buy snacks and drinks?"
"Ugh. I don't feel like going anywhere." Crystal whined, dropping herself on the couch. "But can you please buy me some chips."
"If you want something, you have to go." I stated. "Otherwise, you won't get anything. Besides, you're the only one here with a car, and you never let anyone else drive it."
She groaned. "Fine."
We waitied for Joel to pack some stuff since he was going to stay over at Jorge's place. Once finished, we all left the house and boarded Crystal's car. Her and Jorge in the front, me and Joel in the back. I turned to Joel and he smiled, slowly grabbing my hand. I allowed him, and the feeling felt so right.
"What store?" Crystal asked.
"Wal-Mart." Joel replied.

2.5 hours later

"Start the fire, Jorge." I demanded, "People are on their way. Joel already set up the two tents, and Crystal and I set up the food and blankets."
"What people? He asked. "Its just us and two others."
"You know what I mean." I hissed, and walked to the back.
It wasn't as cold as the other nights, so the weather was perfect.
"This looks picture perfect." Joel stated.
"It does, doesn't it." I exhaled.

Text Messages:
Y: We're already arriving.
Me: Alright

"They're getting here, so I'm gonna go out front and wait." I told Joel. Crystal was busy trying to help Jorge set up the bonfire.
I walked towards the front of the house, and saw them pulling into the street.
"Can't believe your mom let you use her truck." I told Yulissa as they got off.
"I can't believe it either." She chuckled, and then whispered, "Part of me thinks its because I told her Kevin and I are together now. You know how she always felt about us."
I nodded my head, understanding.
"Follow me." I said, and walked through the gate that lead to the backyard.
"Wow." Yulissa whispered.
"I know, looks like a picture you'd find on the internet." I replied.
She nodded, and I looked back at her and Kevin only to barely notice that they had been holding hands.

They are so cute together, and it's even cuter that she's an inch taller.

"There's two tents for the night. One for the girls, the other for the boys. If you are staying the night. Are you?" I asked.
"Yeah, luckily my mom isn't working tomorrow."
"Awesome possum." I smiled. "Kevin, why aren't you talking?"
"I don't really know you, so I don't know what to talk about." He responded.
I chuckled, "Right. Sorry."
~
The sky was getting darker, and Jorge had pulled out his guitar from the house.
"I have a song I'd like to sing. I've been working on it for quite a while, and I'd just like some opinions. It's called All I Want." Jorge began. He glanced down at his guitar, placing fingers.

All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'cause if I could see your face once more
I could die a happy man I'm sure
...
When you asked your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side
...
But if you loved me
Why'd you leave me
Take my body
Take my body
All I want is
All I need is
To find somebody
I'll find somebody
Like you, oh

He stopped. "That's all I have so far." he chuckled, feeling a bit awkward and then looked at us. "Thoughts?"
"I thought it was lovely." I commented.
"Yeah... A bit heartbreaking, but beautiful nonetheless." Yulissa added, and the guys nodded.
I looked over to Crystal, but she was looking at the ground.

I wonder what's wrong...

The night went on and consisted of munching out, joking, laughing, and talking. We spoke about school, funny family times and friend times.
"We should plan a massive roadtrip for spring break." I suggested.
"Don't say the beach, that's where everyone goes." Crystal stated.
"Nothing anywhere close to here." Jorge added.
"The only place I can think of that is not in the valley is Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. I mean, places that are doable." Kevin responded.
"I'm down for any of those places. We can visit Houston. Or go to Six Flags at San Antonio." I noted.
"Six Flags! They have the batman ride now." Joel exclaimed.
"Dude, yes." Jorge cheered.
"I'd have to ask first." Yulissa stated, "but it sounds awesome."
"Yeah, we can go in my dad's expedition."
Suddenly, Jorge's mom can out to the backyard and called him, then he nodded and walked towards us.
"Did you guys invite anyone else?" he questioned.
I looked around and we all shook our heads.
"Why?" Crystal asked.
"My mom said a friend is here. I'll go check it out." he responded.
He left and it had gotten quiet.
I glanced at Joel and told him I would be going to the restroom. I walked in and saw Jorge talking to the friend at the door.

Who is it?

I walked closer and saw whom it was.

What the hell is she doing here?

A/N: The lyrics are from the song All I Want by Kodaline