Twenty-Seven

Jorge's P. O. V.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, jaw locked.
"I wanted to visit you. I texted, but apparently you changed your number." her voice trailed.
I slowly nodded my head. "It was nice of you to visit, but I've got company over."
"Hi, Savannah." she waved to someone behind me.
I turned around, and indeed it was Savannah.
"Hi." she stated. No emotion,and then turned to me. "I was just heading to the restroom."and she walked away.
I glanced back at Cynthia. "What are really doing here? We haven't spoken since the break up, and now you show up out of the blue?"
"I wanted to talk about the break up." she insisted.
"What of it?" I asked.
"I wanted to explain why I left." she answered.
I exhaled in disbelief.

After all the messages I sent her of wanting to know why she broke it off..

"May I come in?"
Taking a couple of seconds to answer, I then motioned her to enter.
"Please make it quick." I said.
She sat down. "I still have feelings, Jorge. You're being so harsh." her voice sounded broken.
"I'm sorry."
She sighed. "It's alright. I suppose I deserve that."
We stayed silent, and then Savannah walked out from the restroom. Cindy smiled at her, but nothing was returned. When she exited, I asked Cindy to go on.
She began to explain that she was afraid of commitment. We had been getting pretty serious, and she wasn't ready for it. I had replied with, but you left me and started dating Max. She said it was because she wanted to get her mind off of me.
"Look." she began. "I know you're with-"
The side door opened and in walked Crystal.
"Jorge, the others are asking for you." she mumbled, not looking at Cindy.
"I'll be out in a sec, babe." I smiled.
Crystal nodded and then left back outside.
"I think it's time for you to go." I stood up.
She stood up as well, and then handed me a folded up paper. She walked herself out, and I stood in the center of the living room.

Jorge,
I still have feelings for you. Believe me when I say that I was afraid of commitment. I only cheated on you once, not twice. I hope you can forgive me.
XOXO Cindy ❤

"Jorge."
I turned around at the voice. "Yes?"
"She's bad news, sweetie." my mom walked over to me. "I see the way your new girlfriend makes you smile. Granted it's only been about a month or so, but Cindy made you feel bad in only two weeks."
I nodded.
"Crystal is the one for you, not her. Don't fall for it." she hugged me and then walked away.
I stared at the note.

She's right.

Walking over to the trash can, I ripped apart the letter. I walked towards the door but was stopped by Crystal.

Shit.

"Why was she here?" she asked.
"She only wanted to explain why she left."
"Oh."
"Yeah, it doesn't matter anyway. Let's head on outside." I smiled, reaching for her hand.
She pulled away. "Do you still have feelings for her?"
I swallowed the saliva building in my mouth. "Not any positive feelings."
"Your song..." she whispered. "It sounds like it's for her." I looked at her in the eyes, but she looked away.
"Crystal." I mumbled. She glanced at the ground, but with my index finger, I lifted her to face me. "That song is for you."
"But it sounds like a breakup song." she replied after a couple of seconds.
"It's how I would feel if you ever broke up with me." I replied.
"and why would you be thinking of us breaking up?"
I looked away, thinking. "Because you deserve better."
"it's not your choice to decide what is better for me. Right now, I feel like you are what is best. You shouldn't think like that."
I nodded,and then asked "Are you afraid of commitment?"
She looked away as if remembering something and then looked back at me. "Well, yes. I think everyone is at one point. But I wouldn't end what we have just because of a fear. I know we'd be able to work it out."
I smiled, and then leaned in. Our lips met, and we kissed.