Forty

Crystal's P.O.V.

"You know, you're missing your party out there." I whispered, staring at our intertwined fingers.
"Its okay." He smiled. "They don't need me."
I smiled back, and then entered Kevin who was out of breath.
"You have to come see this!" He then shouted.
I looked at Jorge who glanced at me. We automatically followed Kevin out the door and stopped when we reached the small stage.
"You're the one that I want! Ooh, ooh, oh yeah! The one that I want!"
Chris and his girlfriend were singing a duet from the movie Grease.
"Is somebody filming this?" Jorge laughed.
Kevin replied, "Yeah, Jessie is."
"Everyone clapped at they finished.
Chris wasn't the type to be caught singing these types of songs which is why it was so hilarious.
"Wow, he must be drunk as hell." Jorge shook his head. "Do you want a drink?"
I shook my head. "No, thanks. I work tomorrow. Plus, I have to be home by 11:30. Its almost time."
"What time is it?" He asked.
"10:45" I answered.
He nodded. "Do you want to go back inside?"
"It doesn't matter." I shrugged. "By the way, where's Savannah and Joel?"
"They left together."
"Together? Like, he's staying at her house?" My eyebrows raised, clearly surprised.
"Yeah, he texted me that he was staying at her place because originally he was going to stay here." Jorge informed.
"What were you guys planning on doing?" I asked.
"Sleeping." He laughed. "Why, do you want to take his place?" He winked.
"What?" I extended the word what. "PSH. No..."
"I don't mind, babe. You can stay if you want."
"I haven't even met your parents officially. What would they think of me if I stay here without properly meeting them?" I questioned and then began to whisper. "They'd think I was a slut or skank!"
"I didn't know you wanted to meet my parents." Jorge smiled, and we took a seat on the outside couches.
I sipped my drink. "Well, you met mine like in the first week or two."
"That's true. My parents have just been really busy."
I drank more from my bottle, and looked around. Gabby was talking to this new kid. Yulissa and Kevin were sucking each other's faces, and Daisy was talking to Scott. Everyone else was dancing and drinking.
"We haven't had alone time in a while." I mumbled.
"One month." Jorge replied. "And we haven't kissed in three weeks."
"What?"
"What?"
"What did you say about kissing?" I laughed.
"Well, its been a while since we've done anything. Usually its just pecks on the lips and cheek. Occasionally we'll hold hands."
I nodded. "School is keeping us busy, so is your band practice after school and my job."
"Why don't you call in sick tomorrow, hun?" He looked at me, putting his arm around me.
I thought about it before answering. "As long as we do something and not just stay here. And just us two, when we go out."
He grinned. "Of course, babe." He leaned in and we were about to kiss until a shadow hovered over us.
It was Chris just letting Jorge know he'd be leaving. I checked my phone and saw that there was three text messages and two missed calls. One text from my mom and two from my dad.
Text messages:
Dad: Where are you?
Its almost time, you better be on your way.
Mom: Answer your phone.
I replied asking if I could stay over at Savannah's, and my mom said yes. So then I quickly texted Savannah to be aware of my dad calling. She didn't reply, but I figured she was busy.
"Want to dance?" Jorge asked.
"Oh, no. I don't dance."
"Good." He sighed.
"You don't dance either?" I asked.
He shook his head.
"So then why did you ask me?" I laughed.
"I would have danced with you if you wanted." He responded.

Awwwe. He's sweet...

I leaned in and we kissed. Not just a peck, it was an actual slow romantic kiss.