Eleven

Joel's Point of View
After showering, I had brushed my teeth and added a little product in my hair to keep it from looking crazy. With a towel wrapped around my waist, I strode to my closet. Looking through the clothes, I decided to go with a plain blue t-shirt and some dark jeans. I put on the clothes, my belt, socks, and debated on which shoes to wear. I had my white high tops, black high top converse, and black vans. My hands reached for the black vans. Once done, I checked my phone and it was done charging. I heard the doorbell ring and soon the door opened. I walked out of my room to see who was at the door.
"Baby," my mom looked at me. "It's for you." My mom invited the person at the door in.
"Hey, Joel. You look nice." Savannah smiled.
"Mom," I began. "This is Savannah." I wasn't sure whether to introduce her as a friend or not because only a few hours ago we found out we liked each other. I hadn't exactly asked her to be my girlfriend yet, so all I said to my mom was her name.
"Nice to meet you, darling." My mom smiled. "You're very pretty."
"Awe, thanks." Savannah grinned. "You are too, ma'am."
"Please, call me Claire."
"Mom." I interrupted, making a facial expression for her to stop talking.
"I'm sorry, my son seems to think I embarrass him."
"It's no big deal." Savannah replied.
"I should be leaving you two, have fun at the concert." My mom waved, as she left to her bedroom.
"Nice to meet, ma'am. Bye!" Savannah waved.
I opened the front door for Savannah and we walked out and got in her car. She turned on the vehicle, and it wasn't long before we were already out of my neighborhood.
"Your mom seems really sweet." Savannah commented.
I thought about the times were she wasn't so sweet, "thanks." It was quiet and I looked at Savannah again. I hadn't even seen how she was dressed. Her outfit was definitely not what she would wear at school, but it looked really good on her. "You look beautiful." I complimented. She turned to me and smiled, "Thanks."
I took out my phone and clicked on the camera app. "Smile." I declared.
She turned, looking astonished. I laughed and took a few more. In some photos, she was covering her face, in others, she was making a cute facial expression.
"Do you let anyone drive your car?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Besides my mom or dad who paid for it, no." She responded.
"Why not?"
"I just don't trust others and their driving skills."
"You've never seen me drive." I noted.
"A few times, and I noticed that you like to speed."
"That was one time!" I laughed.
She chuckled, "Once was enough for me."
"What if you were drunk and I was sober. Would you let me drive then?"
"That would be a miracle if I were drunk, I don't like alcohol."
"Lies."
"Jell-O shots are about as far as I would go. Or if I feel like O need to drink my problems away." She admitted.
"Let me drive." I stated. "Please."
"Why?"
"Because I don't feel like a man. The man is the one that drives the woman around." I professed. "So c'mon, let me drive."
"Fine. On the next exit we'll stop somewhere and switch seats."
"The next exit is right there." I pointed.
We got off and did as promised.
"Why did you park on the gas station side?" I asked.
"Because the car needs gas, and since you're the man, here's the money. Get to pumping." She demanded with a smile.
"Sneaky and smart." I chuckled, and made my way inside the store. While inside, I decided to buy some waters and a small bag of hot Cheetos. After paying, I pumped the gas, and gave the bag to Savannah.
"What's this?" She asked.
"Water and chips." I answered.
"Yummy." She replied. She placed the waters in the cup holder, and after putting on our seat belts; she opened the bag of chips. We drove off and were on the way again. I held her hand with my right, and drove with the left.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"7:58." She answered. "I told Crystal to keep a table for us, and to make sure nobody steals our spot, I told one of the body guards to watch it. When you get there, park in the back."
I took in all of the information and we arrived about fifteen minutes later. I parked the car and we got off. Entering through the back, we found that Bad X News was on stage. Savannah and I made our way to Crystal and sat down.
"Took you long enough." Crystal hissed.
"We're here aren't we?" Savannah retorted.
"What have we missed?" I asked.
"Some band played their horrible music, and so far they (she pointed at Jorge and the boys) have played two songs." Crystal answered.
We enjoyed the show for the rest of night and when the josh pit times had arrived, I was out of the way. I didn't like them because it was stupid and pointless. Throughout the night, I had taken photos with Savannah and everyone else. My phone had taken great quality photos, some of which I had posted online. The concert was already finishing, and Bad X News was playing their final song called Youth Alive. At the end of the song, the crowd cheered. They hadn't sold any VIP passes, so those who wanted a photo with the band were able to take it free of charge. Crystal, Mandy, Sharon, Savannah and I waited patiently for the guys to be done. The fans left and soon the guys walked up to us.
With my arm around Savannah, I asked Jorge, "So will there be an after party at your house or what, man?"
He stood close to Crystal, who was staring at him in admiration, and replied, "Not at my house. It's going to be at Jessie's."
"Great. Where do you live?" Savannah asked Jessie.
"Mile 12. You can just follow our van." Jessie answered.
"So, we go?" Crystal asked.
"Let's go." Sharon smiled.
I moved my arm off of Savannah to grab her hand. We all walked out as the security guy locked up.
"Are you going with us or them?" Savannah asked Crystal.
"Uh..." Crystal murmured.
"We'll with you guys, if that's okay." Jorge stated.
"Of course." Savannah smiled.
We got closer to the car and Savannah looked at me, showing the car keys. I grinned and grabbed them, taking the drivers seat as she took the passengers once again. Crystal and Jorge sat in the back and were talking about who else was going to be at the party and how long it would last.
"I'm not sure if Jessie invited his friends, but I did invite my old pals, Rikko and Esai. I just don't know if they're going." Jorge responded. "And I don't know when it'll end."
At the sound of Esai's name, Savannah shifted a little and looked at Jorge, then took out her phone.
"Who are you messaging?" I asked.
"Em..." She whispered. "My mom. She wants to know what time I'll be home." Savannah answered.
"What time did you tell her?"
"Around midnight."
I nodded and kept my eyes on the road as we followed the band van before us. Throughout the drive, we sang loudly to the music that played on the radio. Together we weren't that bad.

"I think we're arriving to his place already." I stated, lowering the music.
Jorge sat up and took a look around. "Yeah. This is his grandma's place."
"Grandma's?" Crystal asked.
"Yeah. She is usually dead asleep at this time. Plus, I doubt we'll be making a lot of noise." He answered. I parked the car and we all got out. The keys were now in my pocket, and I walked hand in hand with Savannah.
"We're gonna have to stay outside for a while." Jessie announced. "My grandma is still up and wants silence. If the guys can help me get a fire started, and the girls help Mandy with the food and drinks. We'll be making s'mores."
We all nodded and went our separate ways. We grabbed logs for the fire and some for seats. The girls walked out of the house, each holding something. Mandy had the marshmallows and chocolate. Savannah and Sharon had blankets and waters. While Crystal had chopsticks and graham cookies. Soon enough, a car pulled in.
"Rikko, Esai, you made it!" Jorge shouted.
I turned around, while holding onto my chopstick that had a marshmallow over the fire, and watched as Esai and Rikko walked up to Jorge. They both greeted him, Chris, and Jessie with a handshake. I stared at Esai who eyed Savannah. Sharon stood up, grabbed some sticks and handed them over to the guys.
"So is this the after party?" Rikko asked. "Seems more of a peaceful gathering than a party." He laughed.
I agreed.
"We're waiting for my grandma to be asleep, then we'll head in inside." Jessie informed.
"How about we just keep the party outside?" Esai asked.
"Sounds better. What do you say, Jessie?" Chris asked, with Sharon leaning on him.
"I wouldn't mind, as long as you all help to clean up the mess after." Jessie replied.
We stayed outside and after a while, Chris, Esai, and Rikko decided to get some alcohol and lighten up the mood. My arm was around Savannah, and I held her tight.
"Are you cold?" She asked, laughing.
I stared at Esai then replied, "no." I smiled, glancing at her. "Are you going to drink?"
"Remember what I told you earlier?" She asked.
I recalled to her saying that she didn't really like alcohol unless she wanted to forget her problems. "That doesn't answer my question." I responded.
She stared at me, waiting a few seconds before responding. "Maybe."
The guys had arrived within ten minutes because there was a nearby store.
"The beer is here!" Chris shouted.
"Sounds like you've already had a few." Sharon stated bluntly.
"Do you not like when he drinks?" Crystal asked Sharon.
"Not really." She avowed, standing by his side.
"A drink for you, a drink you, for you..." Rikko barked, handing one to each of us.
I reached for the drink and looked at Jorge, wondering if he were going to drink. He opened his and Crystal's. I turned to Savannah, and Esai handed her a drink that was already open.
"My lady." He winked.