Thirty-One

Esai's P.O.V.

I woke up to a huge mess around the dorm room. Beer cans around me, beds flipped over, just a crazy mess. I sat up, but was in pain with a huge headache.
~
"We're kicking you out. This school doesn't give second chances." The Dean of the school stated.
"What exactly am I being kicked out for?" I asked, rubbing my forehead with my hands and looking at my bags next to me.
"Breaking six of our rules!" He exclaimed. "You destroyed your dorm room, loitered all over the school grounds, snuck into the chemistry lab and stole supplies." He was yelling, making my headache only worse. "Do I need to continue?"
"No, please." I replied. "Stop."
"Get out."
I grabbed my bags, and slowly walked out, noticing that my cab was already waiting for me. He got out, grabbed my things and placed them in the trunk. I got in and he asked where to.
"Just head over to Weslaco." I groaned.
"You better have money." He mumbled, and began to drive.
I rolled my eyes, took out my phone and dialed my mom's number.
"Hello?" She answered.
"Hey mom."
"Esai? Why are you calling, shouldn't you be in class?" She asked.
"Um, about that..."
"What did you do?" Her voice demanded. I heard her tell her class that she'd be right back.
I then began to tell her everything that I remembered happened the night before and what the dean told me the next morning.
"Mom?"
The other line was silent.
"You have got to be the only idiot ever in this family to get kicked out of college." She said bluntly.
"I'm already on the downs, mom. You don't have to make it any worse." I responded.
"You aren't a part of this family anymore."
"Excuse me?"
"Do not even think about coming over to visit."
And with that, she hung up.

She is being irrational, what the hell.

"How long until we arrive?" I asked after about half an hour of silence.
"3.5 hours." He answered.

Didn't even know cabs would drive out of the city... He'll probably just charge me double or something.

I couldn't ask to stay at Rikko's because he back at school. Maybe he had been the one to report me. I decided to call Jorge, and it was already around 1, so I assumed that he was in lunch.
"Hello?" He answered.
It was oddly quiet.
"Are you in class?" I asked.
"I'm home."
"Sick?"
He sighed, "It's a special kind of sick."
Ignoring his situation, I explained mine and asked if I could stay at his place until I got back on my feet.
"I don't know, man. Family is coming down to visit. But I can ask my mom." He replied.
"Can you ask right now? I need to know where I will be landing."
His voice was heard but not enough to understand what he was saying.
"She said no, I'm sorry. It'll be completely full." Jorge said.
"It's fine, talk to you later."
"Bye." He mumbled.
"Bye."
I hung up, and then searched through my contact list.

No. No. Too weird. Mom probably told her. An asshole. Nope. Never.

I stopped at her name, and just stared.

Will she answer?

I found myself clicking the call button, and heard the phone began to ring. A couple of more rings until an answer.

"Hello?" She whispered.
"Hey." I blurted.
"Who's this?" She was more talking normal.
I debated whether to just hang up or not, but it wasn't like I called private. She could easily text or call me back.
"Hello?" She asked.
"It's me, Esai."
"Oh."
It was quiet.
"Um, I don't mean to sound rude, but is this an emergency? I have to get back to the lecture." Her words jumbled.
I straight up quickly told her what happened, leaving out the part of me getting drunk.
"And you can't afford a hotel or motel room?" She asked.
"This cab will probably be charging me the price of a fancy hotel. After I pay, it'll be all gone. Never really saved up on cash." I confessed.
"Umm..." She paused. "What time will you be arriving!"
"Around 4:30-ish."
"Well, I'll ask my parents during my last class, and I'll let you know. I have to get going."
"Thank you, bye." I replied.
"No problem, bye."
She hung up, and I exhaled all of the nervousness loudly.
"Seeing that you're down on your luck, I'll let you only pay 3/4 of what the price comes out to." The cab driver glanced at me through the mirror.
I grinned, "Thank you."

This guy needs to mind his own damn business.