Twenty - Five

*Joel's P.O.V.*

My phone continued to vibrate because of the incoming call.
"Are you going to answer that?" Jorge asked, focusing more on the video game.
"No." I replied, the phone continuing to vibrate.
"Its annoying."
"And it'll stop soon." I hissed, staring at the television. As if on cue, the phone stopped vibrating.
Jorge pressed pause on the video game and turned to me.
"Yes, mom?" I asked, knowing that he would repeat what he's been telling me since yesterday.
"She didn't know who to believe!" Jorge shouted, pasuing after every word.
"Yet she chose him! She knew me longer, and she chose him." I replied.
"Have you ever thought that maybe he sounded convincing?" He questioned.
"He's your friend, why-" I stopped. "Did you have something to do with this?"
"You too?" He mumbled. "I had nothing to do with it. Besides, you won't have to worry about him anymore. He's going back to Houston for college today."
I stayed quiet, thinking. "What if she doesn't even want to be with me?"
"All I know is that she feels like shit for choosing him over you. You just have to go and make her fall for you all over again."
I glanced down, and then back at him. "No."
"Ugh. Why in the hell not?"
"If she wants to be a thing again, she has to come and tell me herself." I responded.
Jorge chuckled. "I always knew you were a girl." He pressed play on the video game, and my phone vibrated.

Text Message:
S: I want to talk, Joel.
S: I understand you may be angry with me, but think about the situation I was in.

I stared off...

Me: OK.
S: I'll have Crystal drop me off in half an hour.

"What did she say?" Jorge asked.
"What makes you think it was her?"
"Bc you have a small grin on your grin."
He was right.. I was thinking about the first time we met, hugged, and kissed. Just maybe, she did want to be a thing.
"Crystal is going to drop her off in half an hour." I stated.
"Crystal's coming??" Jorge freaked.
"Yes...? What's the matter?" I asked.
Jorge stood up, forgetting about the video game and dusted himself from the chips that missed his mouth as he ate earlier.
"Do you have a brush?" He asked.
"Uh, yes."
"Where is it?" He asked and before I could answer, he shouted, "Quickly, man!"
"The top left drawer in the restroom."
Jorge ran off to my bathroom, and I heard him mumbling, then the faucet turned on.
"Cold, cold, cold." He whined.
I heard him continue to rumble through my things, having dropped some of my stuff. Once done, he came back.
"I always knew you were a girl." I mocked him.
"Shut up."

Half and hour later

The doorbell rang, and I walked to the front door. My bedroom was a mess, so we had relocated ourselves to the living room. I opened the door, and it was Crystal and Savannah.
"Hello." I greeted them, with a smile.

I suppose Jorge told Crystal after all that he was here, since she got off the car as well.

"Come in." I gestured with my hands.
They walked in, and took a seat on the couch. Crystal next to Jorge on the big couch, and Savannah on the smaller couch where I had previously been sitting on. I closed the front and door and asked them if they wanted drink. No one did, so I took a seat next to Savannah.

This is awkward.

"Umm.. We'll be outside." Crystal commented, motioning Jorge to get up as well.
"Right. Outside." He stuttered, and stood up, following Crystal.

It's quiet now. Say something!

"I-" We had spoken at the same time.
"You first." I sighed.
"I... You.. You're the first person I'll be telling this to."
I nodded for her to continue.
"Since the crash, every other night I'll dream about these things. They seem so real, and I just don't know what to think of it. So, if it happened, tell me. If its just in my head, tell me." She whispered. She began, "The first night I dreamt about the crash. I was seeing blurr and my head ached like crazy. Somehow, I lost control and crashed... I mean, apparently that did happen. Though, I think I must have been crying to be seeing blurr because usually my head starts tonache and I fall asleep when I cry."
She paused.

I don't know how to respond to that.

"Did I see you before the crash?" She asked.
"No, they said that you had left Esai's house." My voice was low.
"Right.. I remember them saying that... Well, the night after that I dreamt about being at his home. I was meeting his family, seeing his home, and we kissed..." She continued. "I don't know if this happened, and I know I can't turn to you to know if it did. But the reason I'm telling you is because it seemed so real. Maybe I had gotten confused, which is why I choose him over you. He sounded convincing in saying we were dating, and I assume that dream was clarification."

Jorge said he would have sounded convincing...

"I understand." I whispered.
"But I keep dreaming about you." She stated. "We're together. Holding hands. I can feel myself smiling and staring at you. I even dreamt about you asking me to be your girlfriend." She chuckled.
"How did it play out?" I grinned.
She explained little parts here and there, and I couldn't believe it.
"Say something.." She responded out of a little embarrassment.
"You said to tell you if it happened or not." I said, and she nodded. "That is how I asked you to be mine."