Thirty-Six

*Esai's P.O.V*

I woke up to the sound of three knocks on the door. I couldn't see a thing because of my hair being in the way.
"Hello?" I asked. "I mean, come in."
"Hey, I'm sorry to wake you, but its 12 and we're getting ready to head to the party in an hour. Will you still be going?" Savannah asked.
I yawned, and then cleared my throat. "Yeah, of course." I grinned.
"Remember, the theme is Mickey and Minnie mouse. You don't have to dress like the theme, but just so you know." She informed.
I nodded my head and she closed the door.

Is it possible to be tired from having too much sleep?

I got up and searched through my luggage since I only unpacked a couple of things. I grabbed some dark jeans, a clean pair of boxers, a white undershirt, my toothbrush, and a nice red button down shirt.
I made my way towards the guest restroom. I brushed my teeth, took a shower, and then changed.
Getting out of the bathroom, I bumped into Savannah's dad.
"Looking good there son." He commented. "You'll be matching the rest of the crowd." He pointed to my red shirt. He was wearing a black button down shirt with dark jeans and black cowboy boots.
"Thank you, sir." I nodded. "What time will we be leaving?" I asked.
"Oh you know, whenever tr girls decide they are ready. Plus we will be waiting on Savannah's boyfriend." He answered.
"Oh. He'll be in the same vehicle as us?" I asked.
"Yeah, good kid that boy is. I don't suppose you know him?" He asked.
I shook my head. "We met once but never really spoke. I suppose you can say we aren't on good terms."
He nodded. "Well, might have to get to like him. He usually comes over every other weekend."
"I'll keep that in mind." I slowly nodded my head. "I'll be in the bedroom." I pointed and walked into the room.

That fucking kid. What will it take to get rid of him?!

~

The door opened and it was Savannah's dad.
"The girls are ready and Joel is here." He informed.
"Alright. On my way." I replied, and got up off of the bed.
I grabbed my phone, and looked into the mirror before leaving and fixed my hair. I then proceeded to walk out and went to the living room where Savannah's parents and boyfriend stood.
Joel glared at me for a second and then turned away.
"Savannah!" Her mom shouted.
"I'm going!" She shouted back.
"Let's just wait for her in the truck." Her dad stated and he walked out.
I then proceeded to follow her mom who walked behind Joel.
"Oh, I forgot something!" I said. "I'll be right back." I told her mom.
She nodded okay and I went to search for Savannah. I called her name a couple of times and then heard a response coming from the restroom.
"I'm almost done." She said.
I heard a sniff, and then the water from the sink turn on.

What is she doing in there?

The door opened and she was stunned by my appearance.
"Wow, you look good." She smiled.
"Thanks. Were you- were you crying in there?" I asked.
"Huh? Oh, um, no. Well, just a couple of tears. I stubbed my toe." She chuckled.
"Oh. So you're good then?"
"Yeah." She nodded.
I stayed staring at her.

Oh how I want you to be mine...

"Shall we get going?" She whispered.
I snapped out of it. "Yeah, let's go."
We walked out to the front and she closed the door before locking. She sat in the middle, separating me and her boyfriend from one another.
We arrived to the party to about twenty minutes. Once we arrived, I was surprised to see how many people had already been there. So many kids, and so many adults. My eyes had to adjust to the scene.
"Our table is over here." Her mom yelled over the kid's screaming and the loud music.
We followed her and it was a table with some of Savannah's extended family.
As the time passed, I got a little bored. I wasn't used to parties like these. With littles kids, clowns, and everyone having fun. I was too busy being angry at the site of Joel sitting with his arm around Savannah.
The brought out the piñata, and suddenly Joel got up. I watched as he headed towards the back, and suddenly an idea popped into my head.
I stood up, and began to follow behind him. He was heading towards the doors, suddenly he turned around.
"Why are you following me?" He asked. Too stunned to answer, he continued. "Hello? Look. Let me explain one thing to you, you will never get with Savannah. I saw the way you stared at her before getting into the truck, I'm not dumb. I knew you might have tried to pull some so called innocent stunt. If you try to do anything, such as touch her, believe me, you'll get what's coming to." He hissed.
"Hey, what's going on here?" A voice asked.
We looked towards the voice and it was none other than Jorge.
"Nothing." I grinned. "Just talking. I'm surprised to see you here."
"Yeah, last minute invite because of the whole deal with drama." Jorge replied. "What were you guys gonna do?"
"I forgot something in the truck." Joel answered.
"I just was heading back to the table." I stated.
"Alright, let's go. Just sit with all of us now. Savannah moved seats anyways." Jorge told me after Joel left. "So glad to hear you found a place to live, man."
"Yeah, I'm relieved." I sighed.
"What are you going to do for now?" He asked.
We sat down at the table with Crystal, Kevin, Savannah, and Yulissa around.
"I'm not sure yet. Might have to go to the community college just for now." I replied.

Man, I haven't given it much thought...

As I looked up, Joel was coming back and completely ignored me. He took a seat next to Savannah and kissed her cheek.