Forty-Five

Crystal's P.O.V.

I woke up to my phone buzzing.

Ugh. 2:45 p.m.

I turned it off and rubbed my eyes. Keeping them closed for a good amount of time.
"Crystal, get up. We have to go to the salon." Vivian knocked on my bedroom door.
"Just ten more..."
"Crystal!" She shouted.
"What?" I yawned.
"Hurry up." She demanded.
I sat up in bed. I stood up and went to the restroom. Brushed my teeth and hair, then put on some shorts and a spaghetti strapped shirt. I then put on sandals and found Vivian already heading outside towards the car.
"Crap!" I spoke to myself. "Forgot everything."
I quickly went to my room and grabbed my prom dress, suitcase, purse, and makeup bag. Everything else had been places in my suitcase such at my night clothes, toothbrush and paste, hair brush, socks, extra clothes, etc.
I took everything to the van, and we drive off. We arrived no longer than five minutes late, but the lady had already given my spot away. I texted Savannah and she said Yulissa was doing everyone's makeup and hair, so I told her to ask if one more wouldn't hurt. Yulissa said it was okay so I didn't have time to worry. They were already heading towards the hotel, so Vivian made her way there.
"Stop at the store! I'm hungry." I whined.
We ended up stopping at Little Caesar's and I bought only one box to limit ourselves because we were going to go eat after prom either way. Once I had the pizza, Vivian dropped me off and told me to have fun. Savannah and Daisy were waiting for me downstairs and they helped with my stuff. I noticed that Savannah and Daisy were blank on the face but had their hair completely done. When we entered the room, Yulissa was doing some of her hair.
"Okay, now let me finish the rest. You can sit down." Savannah stated, talking to Yulissa.
Time passed by, and Daisy had done my eye shadow, while I did the rest. Savannah ended up doing my hair, and everyone was already doing the finishing touches.
I got a text from Jorge saying they were on their way. The guys were going to meet all of us here, and then we'd be leaving in two separate cars.
Yulissa was doing Savannah's makeup, while Daisy and I were putting on our dresses and heels. I had already let them know the guys were on their way, since we were already an hour late to prom.
"How does she look?" Yulissa asked, showing her work.
"Beautiful." Daisy smiled.
I gave a thumbs up, and then they both rushed to different places. Jorge texted again, and they were outside.
"The guys are here." I informed.
"Tell them just to come up and that we're in room 304." Daisy responded.
I did as she said. Savannah was now putting on her wedges, while Yulissa went into the restroom to put on her dress.
Just as Yulissa got out of the restroom, the guys were knocking on the door.
"I open it?" I asked.
"Yeah, sure." Savannah answered.
I opened the door and there they stood. But my eyes only focused on Jorge.

Why do I have to be so rough on myself with guys?

"Wow." Jorge was stunned. "You look amazing." He grinned.
I smiled, "Thank you, and you look very handsome. I don't think I've ever seen you with your hair brushed back neatly." I commented.
"Yeah, the lady suggested this style after she cut it." Jorge replied.
"He has the same haircut as Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie Titanic." Joel laughed. "Now can we enter to see our dates? Plus, I'm tired of carrying my duffel bag."
"Oh, right." I laughed.
I let them walk in and closed the door. Each guy stood with each girl. The guys had matching ties to their date's dress. Kevin wearing a teal, Joel wearing red, Scott wearing a pastel purple, and my Jorge wearing a pale blue. The guys had went ahead and left their luggage in this room for now.
"So are you ladies ready?" Scott asked, after biting into the pizza like Joel and Kevin had done.
"Yeah." I answered.
Daisy nodded, as did Savannah and Yulissa.
"But, wait. My mom wants pictures." Yulissa exclaimed, as we were all heading towards the door.
"Savannah, can you take it?" She asked.
They posed and the rest of us decided to have our photos taken here as well, apart from where prom would be.
Savannah took Yulissa's and Kevin's photo, while I took Daisy's and Scott's, then vise versa.
"Now can we go?" Scott asked.
"What's the rush?" Savannah asked.
"I'm in the mood to dance!" He grinned.
We all laughed, and before leaving we checked if we had everything.
~
"Why is everyone leaving?" Jorge asked, as we headed back to the table from dancing.
We had been here for already 2.5 hours.
"I guess they have reservations somewhere or something." I replied.
"Did anyone make the reservation at Chili's?" He asked, holding my hand after we sat down.
"Yulissa said she'd call before we leave here since it take fifteen minutes to get there anyway."
He nodded, and I watched as everyone around us was just having the time of their lives.
I was too, but I felt a bit down since I'd be leaving all of this.

No more hanging out with friends, no more talking to the awesome teachers. No more Jorge. I'm going to be in a completely different state in a month. Why does life have to be unfair?

"You don't look so happy, are you okay?" Savannah asked, as she came back pulling Joel with her. She chugged her drink, and sat down. Completely tired.
"I'm good." I smiled. "Just thinking too much."
"Don't do that. Not now." Savannah replied. "Enjoy the moment!" She shouted, turning to her left and pulling Joel into a kiss.
Daisy dragged all of us towards the photo booth they had and we took silly photos while wearing caps, scarfs, crazy sunglasses and wands.
Within half an hour we were arriving at Chili's. Time seemed to be passing by so quickly. By the time I knew it, everyone was done eating and packing up their food. We were leaving Chili's at 1 a.m.
"Is he on the way?" Savannah asked Jorge.
"Yeah, says he is only five minutes away." he answered.
"What did he get for us?" Yulissa asked.
"I'm not sure, but I told him not to go all out." Jorge stated.
~
Everyone's smiles were contagious. We were laughing at the weird dares they had to do after we got done playing Never Have I Ever. The ones drunk were Daisy and Scott. Savannah, Joel, and Yulissa were buzzing. The rest of us were not even close.
"Can we talk?" I whispered to Jorge.
He nodded. "Where?"
"Our room?" I suggested.
We stood up and I stated we were going to talk in the other room and that we'd be back.
"Ohh. I see." Savannah winked. "We won't disturb you."
They all laughed and then continued playing their game. We got out of the room, and had to walk about four rooms down. I unlocked it, and the first thing you could see was the luggage the guys had just thrown on the ground.
"What did you want to talk about?" Jorge asked.
I cleared my throat. "You... Me.. Us."
"I already know that we aren't going to be together soon. You've mentioned it a couple of times." His voice trailed, and we sat on the bed.
"Its not like I want this to end."
"Then why are you doing this?" He raised his voice, then apologizing.
"You can have any other girl, one the you can see in real life and not one that you will have to see through FaceTime." I responded.
"I don't have a problem with that. I have patience. What are you really afraid of?" He asked.
"I'm afraid of you feeling like you're tied down. And once you feel that, you'll end it without an explanation. I know there are girls out there who are ten times as beautiful, but you stick with me. Why?" I pleaded.
"We have something. I don't care about looks, and if I did, I would have told myself to stay away from you because you deserve a lot better than me, Crystal." Jorge explained. "You're the one I want, I'm not afraid to say so. I love you."
He pulled me into a deep kiss. His hand cupping my face.
"I love you, Crystal." He repeated.
"I..." We continued kissing, but then I pulled away. "I don't want to leave things like this. I really don't want to hurt you, Jorge."
"I wouldn't mind." He shook his head.
There was silence between us.
"Are you sure you'd be fine with a long distance relationship?" I asked.
Jorge's eyes lit up.