Three

Crystal's P.O.V.
I got into my car and turned it on, thinking about what I just did. /What were you thinking? Go back and apologise! Wait, don't. You will look like and even bigger idiot. Just text him later./ I drove away, and headed to work. I got there, clocked in, and my friend Savannah arrived at the same time. We clocked in and put on our aprons.
"How was the party?" She asked.
"Oh." I paused. "It was nothing."
She glared; she always knew when people were lying.
"Whom did you go with?" She asked.
"I went by myself."
"Let me guess, your /buddies/ bailed on you, again." She said in a /I told you so/ voice, and I nodded. "You know Crystal, I don't understand why you even do this to yourself. You plan things with those people and they never end up going. I have all of the free time in the world, and you don't think twice about inviting me!" She cried.
"I'm sorry, but I have to tell you something." I whispered, pulling her to the side.
"You met a boy." She stated. "It's written all over your face, which is good for you."
"Why do you say that?" I inquired.
"You will finally be able to replace Damian."
"No one will be able to replace him."
"Don't get your panties in a twist, you know what I mean. You will finally have someone else to think about." She alleged. "So who is he, how does he look, and where does he go to school?"
"Well, as of now, I know that his name is Jorge. He has colored eyes, long shoulder length hair, and is the oldest. Oh, and he's in a band." I whispered.
"What?" Savannah flipped. "You mean, /the/ Jorge. The one who plays guitar?" She asked.
"Do you know him?"
"Dude, that's Cindy's ex boyfriend!" She exclaimed.
"Ladies, back to work." Juan demanded.
"Oh put a sock in it, Pablo." Savannah replied. She called him that ever since we knew him in the eighth grade.
"I'm not kidding." He stated. "Boss is coming any minute now."
"Look, I'll tell you more later." Savannah noted. "When we clock out and grab a bite to eat."
She left, grabbed some menus and greeted people to their table. I did the same, and almost the entire day, I couldn't stop thinking of him. /Why does everyone know more of him than I do?/
I imagined him stopping by my work, and I imagined other things, but it all felt weird. The most rational explanation to why it felt weird was because I barely even knew the guy. I checked my watch for the time and I only had tenets more minutes left of work. I was cleaning up tables, and finishing with the last service. I took the drink into the kitchen, and then went to the restroom. I wanted to text him, but decided to wait until I heard more of what Savannah knew about him. I checked my watch again, and it was quitting time. I clocked out and waited for Savannah in the front. She was talking to Juan and they had hugged. She walked through the doors, and we got into my car.
"You're going to leave your car here?" I asked.
She nodded. "We won't be long. At least, I don't think so."
"Where do you want to go?"
"Starbucks."
"Then lets just walk." I stated, turning off my car.
We got out and I locked it. We walked to our neighboring place, and entered.
"Hey, Savannah!" A guy shouted.
"Hey, Christian." She smiled.
"The regular?" He asked.
"Yeah, one for me and for her." Savannah replied.
"You got it, babe."
We took a seat and then I stared at her. She knew what I was thinking.
"He's just a friend." She shook it off.
"Okay. So, what do you know about Jorge?" I asked.
"Just pretty much what everybody knows." She started.
We got our drinks and some donuts. She began to tell me everything she knew. He was the oldest of three, him, a younger brother, and a younger sister. His mother is a teacher, and he doesn't have any social account on the Internet. He loves rock music, likes to skate, and hates shopping. His dream is to be in a professional rock band. His first girlfriend was Cindy and she dumped him brutally, taking him a couple of month to be normal again.
It took me a while to collect the information because Savannah told me all of the details about his relationship, making Cindy look like a total bitch. I wasn't looking for anything serious, but he did interest me a lot. I told her about everything that had happened at the party and the following morning. We spoke for a long while, and she decided to find a way to "set us up." I didn't question her, and she said she already had a plan. We started talking about school, and then I asked her about her love life. She mentioned that her and Juan flirt, but she isn't interested in dating ex boyfriends again. She believed she was planning in staying single for a while, even though a few guys were already in line.
We headed back to the Chili's parking lot, and got into our cars after I told her to let me know how her plan worked out. I drove home, and greeted my mom who was in her bedroom.
"Are you mad at me because I wasn't here in the morning?" I asked, laying on her bed.
She exhaled. "I got over it once you texted me, but just promise me that you didn't do anything."
"I promise to God mom, I am not a slut." I laughed.
"I'm serious, Crystal." She said. "Your father was very angry when he noticed you weren't here, but I lied and said you were sleeping at Savannah's."
"Savannah didn't tell me anything, did you tell her to lie?" I questioned.
"Yes, because of course your father was going to call her for confirmation."
I felt bad because sometimes I wasn't quite of a good friend to Savannah, and she did things like this for me. I walked to my room, and changed out of my work clothes and into pajamas. I took out my phone, and I had a few notifications. There was a message from Savannah, two emails, and a signal that my phone needed charging.
Text messages:
S: Hey, so I found Jorge's friend's twitter and followed him. We started talking.
Me: What friend?
S: His name is Esai.
Me: I met him today; he's a nice guy. What are you both talking about?
S: We're just talking about whatever. He's cute!
Me: If you say so.
S: I asked him if Jorge liked anybody, and he assumed I liked Jorge, but I said I didn't.
Me: You didn't tell him it was I, did you?
S: No, I just said it is someone I know that likes him.
Me: Ok, are you still talking to him?
S: Yeah, but we're not saying much because he's playing a game.
Me: So does Jorge like anybody?
S: He said that he isn't sure.

I didn't know what to say, so I told her I was going to text Jorge. She replied with asking me to tell her how it all plays out.

Me: Hey.
J: Who's this?
Me: Sorry, it's me Crystal.
J: Oh hey, what's up?
Me: Just watching tv. You?
J: Playing a video game.
Me: Cool.

I felt as if the conversation was already going to go downhill, so I decided to just ask him about his band.

J: Yeah.
Me: When are you having your next concert?
J: You want to see me so soon? Lol.
Me: Haha, yeah. Sure.
J: To be honest, we haven't had a concert since the summer, but we are having a demo release shortly.
Me: Nice, are you excited?
J: Yeah, because I will be able to show my mom that its not hard to be a rock band.
Me: She doesn't want you to do that as a career?
J: She thinks its a waste of time.
Me: But she allows you to have events nevertheless?
J: I have to do a few things to be able to have a party.
Me: How do you get the alcohol?
J: That's all Chris's doing, not mine.
Me: Is rock music all that interests you?
J: Mostly, yeah.