Forty-One

Jorge's P.O.V.

The party had settled down close to one -thirty in the morning, and Crystal, Yulissa, and Kevin had helped with the trash so we didn't have to worry about it in the morning.
"Goodbye, thanks!" I waved as they had left.
I tossed the rest of the trash bags to the back of the house, and Crystal had left the ice chest near the front door. We entered the house and I asked, "Do you want to be here or in my bedroom?"
"Your bedroom sounds good." She shrugged.
"Hungry?" I asked.
She nodded her head, "But for some actual food. Well, I don't mind if its microwaved, but just not in the mood for chips."
"Well, we can microwave some spicy chicken balls and add in some croutons if you'd like." I offered, walking towards the kitchen.
"Sounds delicious." She grinned.
"You can take a seat, I'll cook for you." I winked.
She air quoted me, "Yeah, cook."
I laughed and then asked, "Do?"
want to play video games?"
Fifteen minutes later we were in my bedroom deciding what game to play.
"I want to play Call of Duty." She stated.
"And I say we should play this one." I pointed at a video game in my hand.
She groaned. "This is why we should watch a movie instead."
"Fine. Movie first and then video games."
She cheered and walked up to my closet. "Do you mind if I borrow some clothes?" She asked. I shook my head and she picked out a black T-shirt and bluebasketball shorts.
"I'll be back." I noted and walked over to the restroom.
When I arrived into the bedroom, she was sitting on my bed. I was only wearing black basketball shorts, no shirt.
"Ready, lady?" I asked.
She was taken aback by my clothing choice but then said yes. I went to my drawers and opened it revealing piles of movies. "Choose." I stated.
She stood up and didn't take long to choose. "This one." She handed it to me and sat back on my bed, covering herself with the blanket.
I nodded my head, turned the TV and DVD on then put in the movie. I grabbed the remote and my plate then sat on my bed and stayed silent and still.
~
"What do you think its like to be in love?" She whispered.
"What?" I smirked. "Did you really just asked that?"
"I'm curious, ya know?" She replied.
I didn't say anything and then
glanced at her only to say, "I'm like you. I've only dated one person. One who I thought was the one and who I thought I loved but I guess I don't know what love is since we didn't work out."
"What if we don't work out?" She whispered.
"Don't say that." I answered.
"Did you go through all of the stages with her?" She questioned.
"Stages, what? What are you talking about?"
"You know, cuddling. Then its the make out session. Soon its the touching, and then you have sex." She explained.
I chuckled. "Do you really want to know?"
She got serious. "Yes, tell me."
"Um. I mean, we did stuff."
"Stuff?" Her eyebrows raised.
"Yeah."
"What stuff?"
"I- I touched her bo- her breasts, and she touched my, you know." I then stuffed my face with some food.
"That's it?" She looked at me.
I nodded.
"What was it like?"
"What, why- Did you do anything with your ex?" I asked.
"Answer my questions first." She declared.
"Horrible."
"Was part was horrible."
"Everything. She was bad at it, sometimes scratching. And, she barely has anything on her chest." I replied.
"Oh, so your a boob-lover?" Crystal laughed.
I smiled. "Yeah, maybe I am. Now tell me, are you a virgin?"
"Yes." She answered.
I ate more of my food, and then asked, "Did you ever do anything?"
"No, actually." She stared at the television.
After a couple of seconds, I asked, "Why didn't it work out with you two?"
"Umm, he moved to a different school and his mother wanted him to focus on his studies. She never liked me. Always thought I was a distraction." She explained.
I nodded and she continued. "Which is why I actually had a little bit of doubt dating you. You seemed to also be a momma's boy."
"What gave you that thought?" My eyebrows furrowed.
"In our first conversation. You said something along those lines." She confessed.
"I love my mom, but she has never tried to control my friends or anything. Just the whole band thing. Which isn't even working out."
"What do you mean?" She looked at me.
"We haven't been getting much phone calls for gigs, and Chris is starting to focus more on his studies now." I responded.
"So what have you been practicing during band time?" She asked.
"We're rehearsing the same stuff."
"Have you thought of quitting?"
"Yeah," I exhaled and put my plate on the night stand. "Plenty of times actually. I'm thinking of telling him at our next practice. The school year is almost over. I need to buckle down and focus on what I really want to do with my life."
"Do you know what you want to be?" She asked.
"Not a damn clue."
The conversation had died down, and we finished the movie. Crystal ended up resting her head on my chest, and then suddenly I could hear her soft snoring. I didn't want to wake her up so I could change the movie, so instead I replayed The Blind Side. I grabbed my phone and went on twitter to check my feed, until suddenly I got a text.
Text message:
Joel: You will never guess what happened!