Nine

*Savannah's Point of View*
I explained to Crystal on the phone, the situation of Joel and I.
"And then he said it was too soon to tell me. Does that mean he likes me, or am I just in over my head as always?" I asked. There was silence on the other end. "Crystal?"
"I heard you."
"So what do you think?"
"I don't know, I'm not good with this stuff you know." She replied.
"You know something." I suspected.
"What, no I don't."
"You do. Spill the beans."
"I swear, I don't know anything."
"Fine. Don't tell me. I'll find out sooner or later." I exhaled. "Are you ready for Saturday?"
"Yeah, I already told my parents about sleeping over at your house. What did you and Esai talk about after Joel left?"
"Not much. Just of college and he asked how I was liking senior year."
"Sounds like you two had an interesting conversation."
"Not really, but dude, he is so cute and I like his smile a lot."
"So who is first bae?" She asked.
"I don't know..."
"You have to make up your mind."
"Yeah, well, I'll think about it while I'm showering." I laughed.
"Nasty, I'm going to bed, now. It's late."
"It's barely going to be eight." I said in disbelief. "Why do you sleep so early?"
"Eight is late." She laughed. "Bye, goodnight."
"Goodnight."
(Saturday)
I woke up to the sound of my dad getting ready to head to work. I rubbed my eyes and checked the time on my phone; 6:03 a.m. I stood up, stretched, and put on my slippers. Opening the door and walking out, I found him in the kitchen putting on his boots. He stood up, put on his jacket, and walked towards the entrance door.
"Why didn't you wake me, so I could've made you breakfast and lunch." I yawned.
"I just woke up, and Sergio is already arriving. It's okay, though." He replied.
There was a honk outside and he said he had to go. He said bye and walked out of the house. I was going to sleep again, but it was impossible. Once wide awake, I walked to the backyard and decided to pour water on the small flowers around the patio. After done, I grabbed the dogs' bowls and tipped water into them. The dogs drank and I decided to just relax since it was nice outside. Max and Sophie, my German shepherd dogs, were relaxing by my side.
(10:28 a.m.)
There was a knock on my door and I peeked through the window to see if there was a car that I had recognised. It belonged to Joel's dad and let out a sigh of relief because we were almost robbed once.
"Hey." I greeted as I opened the front door. I took notice of the flower in his hand. "Is that for me?" I asked.
"No." He answered. "They're for your dad." We laughed. "Of course they're for you."
I moved out of the way so he could enter and closed the door behind him. We sat on the couches and he handed me the daisy.
"What brings you here?" I asked.
"I just wanted to visit you." He smiled.
"You caught me at a bad time." I replied, fixing my hair. "I look absolutely horrifying every morning."
"You look good." He complemented.
"Thank you." There was silence, and I thought about what he had said yesterday afternoon. I was going to ask, but we spoke at the same time.
"You first." He chuckled.
I giggled, "What, eh... What did you mean yesterday when you said it was too soon to tell me?"
He waited a few seconds before responding, "It seemed too soon to the girl that I like her."
"Hmm. And who is the girl?"
"Why does it matter?" He chuckled.
"I'm just curious, you know that I'm naturally curious." I used as an excuse.
He scooted closer to me but stayed staring at the floor.
"Come on, tell me. No one is going to hear, you don't have to whisper." I stated.
"I..." He stared at me. "Don't like anyone."
"Then why did you tell me you did?"
"I had just liked the way she was dressed that day." He laughed awkwardly.
"So she isn't pretty all the other days?"
"Well, yes, but-"
"You spoke of her as if you had a crush on her for a long time." I interrupted.
"It was a joke." He sat back, and looked up at the ceiling.
"Tell me who you like and I'll tell you who I like." I leaned closer to him.
"I don't like anyone." He replied.
"Yes, you do. You were never that good of a liar. You're too sweet." I grinned.
He looked at me and smiled.
"You." He stated.
"What about me?"
"I like you."
I stared at him blankly and stood up as I excused myself. I heard him cuss under his breath and I walked into my bedroom, locking the door. I placed both hands over my mouth in such shock. I suppose I was in my room for a long while because then he knocked on the door.
"I'm going to leave." He whispered.
I stayed silent, not sure what to say. He hadn't moved until my voice cracked the words o.k. I heard as the front door opened and closed. I unlocked my bedroom door and walked out of the house to find him still in the truck.
"Joel!" I shouted and waved.
He looked up and stopped from reversing out of the lot.
"Yeah?" He asked, rolling down the window.
"Ah...." I paused. I didn't even know what to say. "...I like Esai." I blurted.
He looked the other way and nodded. "Okay."
"But I like you a lot more." I whispered.
He took his hand off of the stick and left it in park. We stared at one another, until a loud car drove by and I got distracted. Joel turned the truck off and I moved as he opened the door to get out.
"Are you lying to me?" He asked, standing very close to me.
"N-no." I stuttered, taking a step back.
"You're not just saying that out of sympathy?" He questioned.
"No." I gulped. "I really do like you."
His facial expression changed from being completely serious, to being completely over the moon happy. He smiled widely and hugged me.
"I was afraid you didn't like me." He held.
We stayed hugging for a short while until I invited him back inside the house. He politely rejected and explained that he had to run some errands for his mom and pick up his dad at Home Depot. We hugged goodbye, and unsaid that I'd pick him up later for the concert. I walked inside and stared at the couch where I left the flower he had given me. I grabbed it and searched for a small vase in the kitchen. Successfully finding one, I poured a little water and placed the daisy in it. I left the vase on the windowpane of kitchen frame. I sat back down on the couch, and decided to watch Supernatural.
(3:45 p.m.)
"Do you know what you are going to wear?" I asked Crystal who was on the other line.
"No, come to my house and help me pick. I was going to dress as I always do, but I don't want to sweat. I heard it is gonna be packed."
"It is. So I go to your house right now?" I asked.
"Yes, hurry before my parents change their mind about me being able to go."
I laughed. "Okay. Be there in ten."
We hung up and I grabbed my car keys, locking the front door as I exited. *ten minutes later*
"Crystal, it's Savannah." Ruby, her younger sister, shouted.
"Tell her to come to my room." Crystal replied.
"Come on in." Ruby smiled.
I smiled back and asked her, "When are you going to let me braid your hair?"
"Never. No one touches this hair except me."
"What about when you have to get it cut?"
"I don't get it cut. I let it grow."
I laughed, shaking my head and entered Crystal's bedroom.
"Do you have any outfits laid out so I can get an idea of what you want to wear?" I asked.
"Was I supposed to do that?"
I nodded. She opened her closet doors and skimmed through the clothes hanging. I watched as she picked a few items, and I decided to get on Snapchat. I took a photo of Crystal looking through her wardrobe and captioned it "getting ready for the concert".
"Okay. I want to wear these jeans, but it doesn't match this shirt. And I really like the shirt because its super comfy." Crystal began, pointing and matching the clothes.
"Why don't you wear these dark jeans with the shirt?"
"Because they're a little too tight."
"Then wear the jeans you like, but a different shirt." I suggested.
"The other shirts are too flashy."
"So wear something plain."
"What are you gonna wear?" She asked.
I showed her a picture that I had taken earlier. It was black shorts, a light blue/grey softball shirt with black high tops. "Normal, cute."
"What about your hair?" She asked.
"Going to curl it."
"You have everything all planned out. Dress me like you!" She whined.
I laughed and put the clothes that she grabbed back. I looked through her wardrobe and found what I was wanted. Grabbing it all, I laid it out on the bed.
"This?" She asked.
"This."
We stared at blue jean shorts, a maroon undershirt with a black cardigan over, and black converse.
"I like it." She commented.
"Straighten your hair, and put on some lip gloss. Don't forget white eyeliner to make your eyes pop." I advised.