Five

Joel's P.O.V.
I walked into my art class just in time, and saw Savannah already at the table. She turned and saw me, then smiled. I walked towards her and took the seat on her left.
"Hey." She whispered.
"Hey." I stuttered.
She giggled, and then our art teacher Mr. Miller began to talk. He was explaining what our new project was, but I hadn't paid any attention because all I could do was glare at Savannah every once in a while. Not paying attention as always would give me a good reason to talk to her so I could ask what it was we were supposed to do.
"Joel!" Mr. Miller shouted, and everyone turned to look at me. "If you would kindly repeat to the class what it is we are doing today."
"Uh. No thanks, sir. You already explained it." I spoke.
"I'm not asking, I'm telling you." He replied.
I looked around at everyone, and Savannah silently cleared her throat, tapping at her paper. I quickly read what she wrote and stood up.
"Okay, class. Today we will be partnering up with someone and draw each others face. The end." I sat back down. And some people had laughed.
"Thank you, Joel. Savannah, next time you should let him figure it out on his own." Mr. Miller announced, and then continued to talk.
Soon someone passed out papers and I was facing Savannah. She was talking about how her morning was sort of rough, and I just listened. Adding in a few comments, making her laugh.
"What do you think so far?" She asked, showing me what she had drawn for the first thirty minutes of class. It was my face outline, the directions of my curls, and basic outline of my eyes.
"Not bad." I answered.
"I suck at drawing, don't I?" She asked, laughing.
I laughed as well and said that she was better at it than I. About twenty five minutes later, we switched. I was now drawing her face. We spoke more and I found out that one of her favorite shows is Supernatural, she is very interested in the spiritual world, and isn't quite sure if she could make it in life as being a teacher because she thought she was horrible at explaining.
"What about you, Joel. What do you want to have as your career?" She asked.
"I'm not quite sure. Some days I want to design video games, others I want to own a business."
"Say you were to own a business, what would your business be of?"
"I don't know, haha."
She laughed as well and replied that by senior year, they are expecting you to know what you want to be. They're going to be throwing college applications at your face and expect you to know how to fill out paper work or whatever.
"I look forward to senior year now!" I exclaimed sarcastically.
We laughed some more, and I showed her what I had so far. It was her face shape, nose and eyes.
"Wow. You are very good at drawing. Why don't you become a professional artist or teach art to others?" She asked.
"I never thought of that, great tip."
"Okay, class." Mr. Miller announced. "Staple your papers together and write your name in the back. We will continue this next time. After you turn in your work, you can go ahead and get breakfast."
I finished the last details, which were her bottom eyelashes, and then grabbed the other paper. I stapled them together after writing our names, and waited in line to grab breakfast. Once I reached the boxes, I grabbed the main dish and two orange juices. Sitting back down at my spot, I took notice of what Savannah got. She had the main dish, a chocolate milk, and an apple. The announcements came on and it was the usual. I wanted to tell Savannah I liked her, but took into consideration of what Jorge had said. The bell rang for second period, and we all took off. I walked by Savannah's side, walking her to class as usual, which was in a hallway that was always getting crowded. We hadn't spoken a word, until we reached her accounting class.
"See you during lunch?" I stated.
"Maybe we should actually hang out this time. We always only say hi." She replied.
"Well whom do you eat with?" I asked.
"Depends on the days, but most of the time I eat with my friend Crystal."
"Okay, then. You know I'm always in front of the library, so if you want, meet me there."
She nodded and we said bye. I quickly walked to my second period, so I wouldn't have to get a tardy pass. When I arrived, Frank and Scott were already present and I sat at my regular seating spot. It was physics class, and we were always doing fun activities, so the time seemed to go by quickly.
We were cleaning up after an hour and a half because it was about to be lunchtime. Once done, we took a seat and finished up the lab work. The bell rang, and I was feeling a bit nervous, but played it cool. I didn't want to tell that guys because if Savannah didn't end up hanging out with us, they would say I was stood up, or they would constantly bug me if she were bringing any if her hot friends. We walked towards our usual spot where Jorge already was and just chilled. Some of the guys were there for about five minutes, left to eat, and didn't come back as always. We all usually headed our separate ways, and met up at the very end.
"So where is the special girl?" Jorge asked.
"She is on her way." I looked at my phone and the message from her.
"Is she coming by herself?" He asked.
"I don't know, why?"
"Just wondering."
My phone buzzed again, and Savannah sent another message asking if Jorge was with me.
Shit. Does she like him?
I replied saying yes and asking why. She said she would explain, but to not tell him she asked.
Two minutes passed, and she arrived with her friend from the morning.
"Hey." I stood up and hugged her.
"Guys." I called to the ones who stayed. "This is my friend Savannah."
"Hi." She smiled. "And this is Crystal." She pointed.
"Savannah, Crystal, this is Jorge, Scott, and Frank." I introduced.
Jorge had a blank expression on his face, and he wouldn't stop staring at Savannah's friend Crystal. I looked at her, and she constantly shifted her position, looking around. We all went to grab lunch, and sat at a long table together. Savannah was in front of me with Crystal next to her, and Scott next to Crystal. Beside me were Jorge and then Frank.
It was quiet for a little, until Savannah messaged me. I read the message and she said that Jorge and Crystal met at his concert during the weekend, and for me to get them talking. I cleared my throat.
"Have you girls heard Jorge play? He's in a rock band." I divulged.
Crystal glanced at me, and then at Savannah who was smiling, trying to hold in a laugh.
"Uh, yeah. I heard him play this weekend." Crystal whispered.
I looked at Jorge, and his cheeks were a shade of a light pink. Jorge started talking to Crystal, and my shoulders felt less heavy of nervousness. Jorge and Crystal were getting along while Frank and Scott were in their own world, leaving after they were done eating. Savannah and I started talking, and soon all four of us were engaged in one conversation.
"We should hang out some time." I stated.
"Yeah, maybe at your next concert." Savannah pointed to Jorge.
"Sure. It's this weekend, but you already knew that." He replied.
"How did you know?" I asked.
"My parents own a few places, one of which I booked for his band."
"You both have spoken before?" I asked.
"No, Esai messaged her, I believe." Jorge explained.
She nodded. "Basically."
"Should we carpool?" Crystal asked.
Savannah answered, "We can take my car."
"Well, there's actually room for two in our band van." Jorge informed.
"How about you take Crystal, and I'll go with Savannah in her car." I suggested.
"I'm fine with that." Savannah said.
"My parents won't be." Crystal said.
Savannah cussed. "That's right... Just take your car to my place and say that you'll be sleeping over. We can call into work for the day off."
The bell rang, and by the end, Savannah had convinced Crystal to do it. Jorge and I dropped them off at their class that they had together, and then we went to our class.
"Do you like her?" I asked Jorge.
He was about to answer, but then paused. "I don't answer that question. Do you like her?"
"Like who?" I asked, joking around.
"Her."
"Her who?"
"Savannah." He exclaimed, as we entered class.
"What about her?" I asked.
"Do you like her?"
"Like who?"
"Fine." He said. "At the same time, we answer. One, two, three."
We both stayed quiet, and I laughed.
"Why didn't you answer?" He asked.
"Why didn't you?" I questioned.
We continued fighting about it until our teacher told us to be quiet. Throughout the class period, either him or I would bring up the girls, and then say to be quiet.
"For real this time, do you like her?" I asked Jorge.
He paused before replying, "Do you swear you won't tell anyone?"