Seventeen

Crystal's Point of View
"Who are you texting?" I asked Savannah, who was sitting beside me during lunch. She picked at the food after placing her phone down, Joel and Jorge staring at her weirdness as well.
"No one." She whispered.
I looked at Jorge, making a facial expression that said "who did you tell her to text?" Because he had whispered the name to her and when he had, her eyes widened. Jorge glanced at Joel and then me and mouthed the name Esai. My eyes bulged, and I titled my head "why?"
Jorge cleared his throat, "Can we talk?" He asked Savannah.
Savannah looked up and blinked a couple of times then agreed. They walked away and it was just Joel and I. When I looked at Joel, he was checking the snapchat stories.
"So, Joel. How have the parties in your classes been so far?" I asked.
He looked up from his phone, "Oh. It was nice. Quiet."
"You don't talk much to the people in your morning classes, do you?"
"How do you know?" He asked.
"Not to sound like a stalker, but I would pass by a few times because my friends and I always get out of class." I explained.
He smirked. "Okay. Um, how is your day?"
"It's fine. Got a few gifts from friends." I replied.
"Oh, did you and Savannah do a gift exchange?" He asked.
I shook my head, "She didn't have money at the time and I didn't have time. Did you buy her anything?"
He looked at where Jorge and Savannah were standing and then sucked his head so the wouldn't see.
"Yeah, I bought her several things." He whispered and then showed me the gift bag he pulled up out of nowhere. "I took pictures of the things before I wrapped them all." He showed me photos of some tunnels and plugs for her stretched ears. The tunnels were her favorite color: blue, and the plugs had anchors on them. There was also a photo of a silver necklace that had a cross on it. "I added a bag of hot Cheetos and the yellow colored Gatorade, all of her favorite things." He smiled.
"She'll love it." I replied, and then Jorge and Savannah arrived.
"Everything okay?" I whispered. Jorge held my hand and whispered I don't know.
Savannah was smiling now, but it seemed forced. I figured I could just ask her later and I I forgot, she would end up telling me either way. L
"Jorge." Joel called. "Shall we?" He asked.
Savannah and I looked at each other, and then at the guys. Joel already had his gift out so he handed it to Savannah and she was shocked. Her snails seemed real this time and she hugged Joel first without opening any of the presents up.
"I didn't know what to get you, so this is all I have." Jorge whispered, showing me a small box. I smiled and my instincts took over as I ripped it open. It was a beautiful white watch that had my name cared on the back.
"Thank you." I hugged him. "If I would have known, I would have gotten you something."
"There's something else." He replied.
I looked up, "what else?"
"You and I will be having dinner somewhere tonight."
"But-"
He interrupted. "I already asked your parents and they agreed after making sure I understood that you had to be home by 11 o'clock."
I couldn't stop beaming into his eyes. This sweet guy went his way out just for our first date. Most guys wouldn't even had dared to ask my father.
"Oh my gosh, Joel." Savannah screamed. "I love it."
Jorge and I turned and saw them hugging and after they kissed so we looked away and chuckled awkwardly. Savannah switched her gauges to the blue tunnels and wore we silver necklace. I didn't put on the watch because I was going to wait until later.
"When did you ask my parents?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Why?" He grinned.
"Because I want to know."
"I asked a few days ago. Savannah helped out a little." He pointed. "The rest was all up to me."
"Were you nervous?" I laughed.
"Very." He laughed. "If Savannah wasn't with me, I'm pretty sure they would have said no, but I know that your mother was starting to like me."
"Oh, yeah?" I chuckled. "What makes you think that?"
"She said that if you loved the first date then I could take you out whenever." He replied. "With the same time of a curfew, of course." We laughed.
The bell rang and the guys dropped us off to our last class of the day. We were in AP environmental science when Savannah was about to tell me what happened.
"Jorge told me to text Esai because he was asking for me, so I did." She began. "He said he was worried about me and got drunk that day because he found out Joel and I were dating."
"What did you tell him?" I asked.
"I freaked, dude. So I just texted if we could talk in person, and I'm going to his house later."
"Have you told Joel?"
"No." She stated. "He'd flip if he found out."
"What are you going to talk to Esai about?" I questioned.
"Haven't figured out that part yet." She whispered.
"Let me know how it ends." I replied.
Just then Yulissa came up to us with the hugest smile on her face.
"What happened?" Savannah asked.
"I got a gift from someone..." She answered.
"From who, what was the gift?" Savannah asked.
"It was a teddy bear and a note that said I hope we can talk like we used to." Yulissa said, still smiling.
"So that was from Kevin?" I asked.
She nodded her head and showed that he also put some of her favorite candies in a small box that the teddy bear was holding.
"What are you going to do?" Savannah asked.
"I don't know, just keep talking to him."
"Do you like him?" I asked.
"Not sure, maybe he's changed."
We ended the last class of the day with conversations about each of our guys. Savannah even said that she would help me pick out an outfit before he would head to Esai's house. The announcements for the end of the appeared and our principal wishes us a safe Christmas vacation, and soon everybody was either gone o waiting to leave school. We were outside, and Jorge had told me that the date was going to be at 6:30 needed, because I would assume the longest it would take to eat was an hour and a half or two hours tops.
Yulissa was talking to Kevin, Savannah with Joel, and I with Jorge. Everybody else had already left and soon Savannah decided to take me home to get ready since it was almost five o'clock.
"See you later, Crystal." Jorge smiled.
"Bye." I waved.
We arrived quickly to my house and found my mom ready with questions like what I was going to wear, how did he ask me, and if I knew where we were going. I answered her questions and then we went to my bedroom.
"How do you feel about a dress?" Savannah asked.
"It's a bit fresh outside, and I'm not sure where we're headed after we eat or before." I answered.
"Well, I know where he's taking you. So, maybe not a dress but a skirt."
"Wait, where is he taking me?" I asked.
"I'm not sure which placed he chose after all." She laughed and I shook my head.
Savannah ended up handing me a black skirt with black leggings, and a maroon sweater with brown boots. I wore the watch on my left hand and straightened my bangs while the rest of my hair was a wavy.
"Looking good." Savannah winked after I put on the clothes.
Savannah had left, and it was about six when Jorge arrived. He wasn't the one driving though because he only had a permit, it had appeared to be his friend Rikko.
"Hey." Jorge smiled, as he opened the door for me.
"Hi." I smiled, examining his outfit. He looked really good with the white button up shirt.
"You look beautiful." He commented as I got in.
"Thank you, and you look good yourself." I replied.
We were driving for a while until I finally decided to ask where we were heading. He replied that it would be a surprise but he knew I would love it. Time went by and we were all talking about who showed us the different types of music and we recommended song to one another.
"We're here." Rikko parked the car.
"And where exactly is here?" I asked with a smile. Hoping e would tell me.
"Here." He winked. "Now get off. The both of you."
Jorge opened the door and stood on the side, waiting for me to get out. As I did, I noticed it was a parking lot full of people heading inside.
"What is this?" I asked, staring at the State Farm Arena.
"This is a concert to one of your favorite artists." He replied. "And we have front row tickets."
My jaw dropped, this was unbelievable.