Thirty-Eight

*Joel's P.O.V.*

We arrived where the concert was to take place and Jessie's and Chris's girlfriend had arrived at the same time.
"Did Crystal tell you what time she'd be getting out of work?" Jorge asked Savannah.
"I think she gets out at 12, so she'll be done just in time for the after party." Savannah replied.
She turned to me and I smiled, then grabbed her hand. She smiled back.
"We'll take a seat over here while you set up." I told Jorge.
He nodded and made his way backstage.
"This is pretty neat..." Savannah's voice trailed.
"What is?" I asked.
"The fact that they have these places made like other stadiums where famous people play." She explained.
"Yeah. They'll get there soon." I mumbled.
I couldn't stop staring at her. I always stare at her. She's so beautiful.

I don't know what I did to deserve you...

"Why are you staring at me?" She blushed.
I smiled, "No reason."
She grinned and then after a couple of seconds replied, "Oh,! I just remembered, its my parent's anniversary. They won't be home until Sunday. Want to stay the weekend?"
"Any place is better than my home as long as I'm with you." I kissed her cheek.
She grinned and glanced down.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.
"No. That'd just it. Nothing is wrong." She whispered.
"How do you mean?" My eyebrows furrowed.
"I.. I've never been with anyone for this long, and its scary." She turned away.
"What's scary about it?"
"I don't think I can explain..."
"Look at me." I stated. She turned to face me. I leaned in, kissing her. "Don't think about time. Just think about the memories we'll be making.
"Testing. One, two." Chris spoke into the microphone. "Can you hear me back there?"
"Loud and clear!" I shouted, giving him a thumbs up and the looked at Savannah.
"You said any place is better than your home... And I was just recalling about all of those times you've had bruises on you." She was whispering and grabbed my hand, rolling the sleeves up, revealing some bruises. "What is going on?" She asked.
I pulled my hand away and rolled the sleeves back down. "Its nothing to worry about." I looked away. "Everything is fine."
"You saying its fine only let's me know it isn't." She replied.
I didn't answer, and instead looked at my phone.

7:47 p.m. Almost time for the show.

"I've never met your parents." Savannah smiled weakly. "You've met mine already."
"I'll see if I can schedule something." I responded. "Would that make your pretty little self happy?"
"Ecstatic." She laughed, grabbing my hand and moving closer to me.

- 3 hours later -

"Dude, that was an amazing show!" I shouted, over the crowd.
"Thanks man!" Chris replied. "My girl said you guys and Jorge can take her car. She and Jessie's girlfriend will be leaving with us." He informed.
"Alright, man."
He handed me the keys and Savannah and I went outside to the car, waiting for Jorge.
"I invited all of my friends." Savannah spoke. "They couldn't drive all the way out here, so they're going to the after party."
"Who did you invite?" I asked.
"The usual girls. Yulissa, Daisy, Karen, Gabby and the rest." She responded, texting them through Kik.
"Is Gabby the one with the really curly hair?" I asked.
"Yeah, why?" She looked at me.
"This new kid, Jesus. We invited him the the after party and he mentioned something about a girl he thinks is cute and has curly hair with the name Gabby." I laughed. "He doesn't stop talking about her."
"Shut up!" She exclaimed. "Are you lying?"
"No, why would I lie about that?" I asked.
"Its because she said she likes this new kid, but I never got to see him. Oh man, I am so going to hook them up together." She smiled with joy.
The door opened and in sat Jorge.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Are you going to be driving?" He asked.
"Yes." I answered.
"Dude, switch places. I've seen you drive, no thanks." Jorge blurted.
I shook my head laughing and switched places with Savannah. Jorge said he had invited the guys: Frank, Scott, Greg, Justin and the rest.
We arrived pretty quickly because there wasn't any traffic at this time and Savannah was speeding at times.
There was a car parked outside Jorge's and it was Savannah's little gang. We got off, and quickly set up some tables and took out the ice chests with drinks along with the snacks and placed them on the table.
It wasn't long before many arrived. They decided to have Frank DJ instead of the guys performing again. I stood off to the side as Savannah dance with friends.
"Hey, Joel." A voice greeted, grabbing my arm.
"What are you doing here?" I asked, giving her a hug.
"I came with my date." She pointed to a guy at the ice chest, getting drinks.
I laughed. "Why do you both look so fancy?"
"We just came from our first date."
"How was it?" I asked.
"Like any other first date. Awkward in the beginning, and then fun towards the end."
The guy looked around and then started walking our way. I finished the rest of my drink and tossed it to the grass.
"Joel, this is Esai." Leslie introduced.
I took a step back.
Leslie finished. "Esai, this is Joel. My half brother."