Twenty-Two

Crystal's Point of View
It's been two weeks, and Savannah was finally getting out of the hospital. They had kept her in there for some tests, and I'm not even sure they found out what caused her amnesia. Her parents were busy rebuilding their Skateshop, so they asked me to pick Savannah up. I was now driving to the hospital, thinking about telling her all of Jorge and I.
"Yes?" The lady at the front asked as I entered the hospital building.
"I'm here to pick someone up for their release." I answered.
"Name?"
I gave Savannah's name and the lady finally let me in. As I went up the elevator, and then reached the room, I found Savannah already dressed and putting her shoes on.
"Hey." I greeted.
"Haven't seen you in a while." She replied.
"Yeah, I've just been busy."
"So I've heard." She winked.
I tilted my head, "What did you hear?" Taking a seat.
"All about you and Jorge. You two are inseparable it seems."
I chuckled. "Who said that?"
"Joel."
"He visits you everyday?" I asked.
"Occasionally. Usually after him, Esai comes in. They don't let me catch a break." She laughed.
"I wasn't aware that Esai was visiting you."
"Yeah. At first everything was confusing. Joel saying we were dating, but then Esai cleared things up and told me how Joel just really likes me."
"Hold up." I stood, and she looked at me. "Esai said what?"
Savannah looked at me with a bit of worry and concern, "That he and I are dating."
"What the fuck." I mouthed.
"What's wrong?" Savannah stood up from the bed.
"I don't know..."
"What Crystal." She demanded.
"You are dating Joel, not Esai. Esai is the one that really likes you." I said.
"But Esai said that-"
"Ready to go?" The doctor interrupted.
We both turned to him, and he began to explain some pain medication for Savannah's cast on her arm and leg.
"Alright, you are good to go." He smiled.
"Thank you, doctor." I replied. I grabbed Savannah's bag of clothes and items, as the nurse brought up the wheelchair to take Savannah out (hospital protocol).
I walked ahead of the nurse and Savannah and brought up my red car, opened the door then thanked the nurse.
"So..." Savannah paused after I began driving. "Joel was telling the truth?"
"Yeah."
She stayed quiet for a bit. "I'm just trying to wrap my mind around as to why Esai even lied about us dating. Who does that?"
"Clearly the guy has some issues." I exhaled. "Don't stress about it, I'll figure this whole thing out."
"It's just-" she stopped. "Never mind."
"What?" I asked.
"Nothing..." She whispered.
My eyes widened. "Did you do stuff?" I raised my eyebrows.
"We just kissed." She stated.
"That's it?" I asked.
She slowly nodded her head.
"Don't lie to me, did you two have sex?" I shrieked.
She gasped. "Why would you ask me that! You know I'm waiting until marriage."
"I just, people lie." I exclaimed.
"You would be one of the first few people I'd tell, dude." She replied.
"So then what else happened between you two."
"It was just kissing, and I told him some secret stuff." She mumbled.
"Like what?" I asked.
"Just about problems."
I knew exactly what she was talking about and knowing she told Esai made me twice as angry at him.
"Let's not talk about him." She said.
"Okay, um. Are you going back to school?" I asked.
"Yeah, I think so. Only because I want to hang out with you and everybody else. Plus, I've only forgotten about two weeks or so..." She answered. "Tell me about you and Jorge."
"There's not much to say, he's sweet and funny. Once in a while surprises me. It's all new to me." I answered. "He's working really hard with the band because they have a gig coming up, so the only time I get to see him is at school."
"Do you hold hands with him and stuff?"
I laughed. "Yeah, we hold hands. He drops me off in most of my classes."
"That's nice, he's nice."
"Yeah..." My voice trailed. I wasn't sure if Jorge was in on helping Esai trick Savannah. My thoughts were all over, and I planned to visit Jorge after dropping off Savannah.
As time passed, I had dropped off Savannah and she knocked out while I was talking about the new things at school. By then her mom arrived, so I decided to go home. I contemplated on calling Jorge or waiting until tomorrow.
"Crystal!" A voice shouted, and I turned around, it was my brother. "You have a visitor."
My brother moved out of the way, and it was Jorge.
"Hey." We hugged. "Why are you here?" I asked.
"Your mother invited me over for dinner."
"Oh. I had no idea."
"You don't seem too pleased about it." He sat on the edge of my bed.
I stuttered and then walked towards the door and closed it. "I need you to be 100% honest with me."
He blinked, "I can do that."
"Did you know Esai was visiting Savannah everyday?" I questioned.
He nodded. "Well, I didn't know everyday, but I was aware he would visit."
I exhaled. "Okay. Now, did you know that he was filling her head with lies?"
"What lies?" He asked, completely confused.
"Apparently he was telling her that they're dating and Joel is just an obsessed kid." I answered.
Jorge looked down at the ground, not knowing what to say.
"Just tell me you had no idea he was telling her this stuff." I whispered.
"I didn't." He looked me in the eyes. "Why would he do this?"
"I'm not sure, but he's your friend. You should talk to him and tell him to set things straight or else I will."
"I'll talk to him." Jorge replied.
There was a knock on the door and it was my mom letting us know that the food was ready. We walked out and into the kitchen where the aroma of soup filled the air. We were all served and each sat down with our drinks.
"Jorge," my dad began. "Do you work?"
Jorge cleared his throat before answering, "I'm in a band, and we get paid to play."
"What career are you going for?"
"Musician." He replied.
My dad nodded and ate some of his bread.
"The food is good." Jorge smiled at my mom.
"Well thank you. It's nice to hear that."
I made a face at my mom signifying that we tell her the same thing, although we don't say it very often. Dinner was a bit awkward until my sister began talking about her day and how she's getting better at karate. Time passed and we were soon finished. Jorge sat on the couches with my father and brother, and I helped my mom clean up.
"He's a nice kid." My mom alleged.
"Yeah, I just wish you would have told me you invited him over."
"I assumed it would be a cute surprise." She responded.
I decided not to let her know of what happened today and quickly finished washing the dishes. I just wanted to lie in bed already and go to sleep. As I was done, I called Jorge to follow me and we walked to my bedroom.
"Keep the door open." My dad demanded as we walked away from everybody.
As we entered, I tossed myself onto my bed. He glanced around.
"You're not as organized as I assumed you would be." He chuckled.
"I usually am, but things are chaotic right now. I haven't had time to clean." I yawned, thinking about the college applications I had to finish.
"I can clean for you, you just have to ask." He grinned.
"No thank you." I smiled. "The only other person I allow to touch my belongings is my mother."
"Your mother is sweet." He replied after a bit, sitting on the bed and I rested my head on his thighs.
"And my father?" I asked.
"He seemed a bit scary at first," he laughed. "But not as scary as when I first met him. He's a sweetheart as well."
We laughed and I couldn't help but think this felt nice and relaxing.
"Is it weird to say that I've missed this?" I mumbled, recalling to us hanging out a lot until this past week.
"No, I know how you feel. I'm sorry that we've (the band) been busy all week. Chris is going crazy about rehearsing the new songs. If he's not on Jessie's case, he's on mine. It's all stressful." He explained.
"It's the start of your dream, what did you expect?" I asked.
He chuckled. "Some girl I met at a party once told me that my privacy would be gone, there'd be screaming fans, I'd have to present a certain image, the interviews, paparazzi, and waking up early... So far she's been right, there's just one thing she was wrong about."
"What's that?" I smiled, thinking how cute it was that he remembered what I had told him when we first spoke to one another.
"I was born for this, baby." He winked.