X

sakaar

The women led Thor, Bruce and I back into one of the nearby buildings

The women led Thor, Bruce and I back into one of the nearby buildings. The walls were just like the ones in the Grandmaster's tower yet painted a violent green to contrast against the white stripes. I watched the strange women as she walked, her dark hair was pulled up into a high ponytail and she wore a billowing royal blue cape on her back. Everything about her screamed authority, yet, I still couldn't figure out who she was.

"Thor, who is she?" I questioned as I strode beside him.

"She's the last member of the Valkyries," he answered, smile on his face and eyes wide.

I pursed my lips, I've heard that term before. Perhaps from reading it in the Olympus library or maybe even from one of Thor's countless stories that he's told me. The term seemed to fit the aura that she was radiating, it was slowly coming together. As soon as I made the connection, my eyebrows rose to the heights of Mount Olympus. "The elite, Asgardian force of women warriors? But I thought that they'd all died, fighting your sister?"

"Yes, she's the last one," Thor explained in a low voice, trying to keep at a whisper. "She fled to Sakaar once the battle had been lost."

"There's no point in whispering, I can still hear you." She said, her eyebrow quirked at us as she stopped in her tracks causing me to pull my lips lightly together in an apologetic smile. "Also I feel like I know you," she implored, pointing a finger at Bruce.

I kept my mouth tightly shut as Bruce said, "I feel that too."

Valkyrie whipped around abruptly and glanced at the three of us as if searching for an answer before sighing. I glanced at Thor beside me, I still didn't even remotely know this women. Why should I trust her? Could I trust her? I've experienced my fair share of skeptical people.

"Look, I've spent years in a haze, tryna forget my past," she expressed, shaking her head slightly. "Sakaar seemed like the best place to drink and forget, and to die one day." I didn't blame her, not at all, that's what I wanted to when my father first died. I spent countless nights drinking myself to sleep but then I had Thor to push me out of it, to keep me going, Valkyrie never had that.

"I was thinking that you drink too much and that it'll probably kill you," Thor nodded at her.

"I don't plan to stop drinking," she shrugged, the corner of her mouth twitching upwards slightly.

"And he completely supports your decision," I chimed in, nudging Thor in the arm, he hardly knew her also.

"Thank you but I-I don't want to forget. I can't turn away anymore...so," she said, tilting her head to both sides, "well; it may as well be driving my sword through the heart of that murderous hag."

"Good," Thor agreed.

"Yeah," piped Bruce and I nodded my head. Since Loki seemingly abandoned us, we'll need all the help we can get.