VIII

sakaar

I woke up the next morning, instantly tugging at my arrow charm on my necklace as the sky warmed up those deep blue hues into radiant gold

I woke up the next morning, instantly tugging at my arrow charm on my necklace as the sky warmed up those deep blue hues into radiant gold. I had to get us out of here. I had to find the quinjet. I had to get Thor and Hulk out of the Grandmaster's possession.

Since I was still one of his guests, I might be able to get up to their room where they're kept. It's only a few floors above the guest's chambers so I slipped out of my room, trod around the drunken man passed out on the floor and pressed the glowing floor number once in the elevator. The light 'ping' sounded out in the small metal box and the doors slid open to reveal a long red and white, hexagonal corridor. As I peered down it, dismissing the absurd design choices, I saw a sharp left turn, presumably leading to the bedroom.

Once I stepped out of the elevator, I tried to walk straight past the two guards who flanked the rest of the corridor. Just as I reached them, they grabbed my shoulders and roughly pushed me back.

Well, fuck.

"You don't have authorisation to go past this point," one of them said in a gruff voice.

"The Grandmaster has given me permission to see the Champion and the competitor," I answered simply, lying with the first thing that came to my head and hoping they'll take it.

"We've not been told any instructions from the Grandmaster," the guard replied stubbornly, keeping a straight gaze to behind me.

I groan inwardly, frustrated that they hadn't believed me. I stood, staring at the man coldly for a few seconds, trying to intimidate him yet he didn't relent. I really only had two options here. One, walk away and find the quinjet. Two, strike down these guards and grab Thor. Truthfully, the second option was pretty stupid since I still didn't know where the quinjet was so I decided on the first.

Gritting my teeth at the two guards, I muttered, "Fine," but before turning away, I yelled, "Είμαι στο δρόμο μου, αγάπη μου. Απλά περίμενε (I'm on my way, my love. Just wait). " I spun on my heels before the guards caught on to what I was trying to do. I let out a low breath as the elevator dropped, hoping Thor heard me, knowing that he understood 'αγάπη μου.'

Striding out of the elevator, I entered into the scrambling city that is Sakaar. I weaved through the maze of people, scanning the cramped areas around me for any sign of the quinjet. Just as I decided to get to a high vantage point to get a better view, I remembered how I passed a scrapyard of sorts when I first arrived on the planet. Trying my best to retrace my steps, I made it into a much more secluded area. Kids climbed atop of piles of rusted aircrafts like they were bunk-beds with cracked windshields and metal work while their parents scavenged through the spare parts. It was then when I realised that the Grandmaster's planet wasn't as lavish as it seemed. Sure, they all had this weekly entertainment provided to them free of charge but other than that, they were living in poverty and I could do nothing to help them.