IX

new york

Gulping deeply, I looked up to see thousands of Chitauri stream out of the glowing portal

Gulping deeply, I looked up to see thousands of Chitauri stream out of the glowing portal. They gripped down the sides of the building and flew towards us. We were undeniably outnumbered and there were still hundreds, if not thousands of innocent civilians still at risk that needed our protection.

"Guys," Natasha said, eyes unmoving from the sight above.

"Call it, Cap," said Stark.

"Alright, listen up," he started. "Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use some containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Wanna give me a lift," Clint said to Stark.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Stark said, grabbing Clint.

"Thor, Selene, you guys gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightening and...magic. Blow those bastards up," Cap instructed.

I nodded, sheathing my sword. Thor grabbed me by the waist and pulled me towards him, my eyes widened in shock at the sudden touch.

"Ready," he asked, swinging Mjolnir.

"Yeah," I breathed and let out a soft yelp as we shot into the sky. "Over there," I yelled over the whipping wind and pointed to the tallest building closest to the portal, my other hand clutching his shoulder roughly.

With a great THUD, we landed on the tower, my heart drumming furiously in my chest. I chewed on my lip as another great creature floated down from the portal.

"Are you sure you can do this," Thor asked, his violent eyes filled with concern after my mentioning of needing to recharge after my stunt.

"Yeah, we are doing this 50/50," I said, breathless.

I heard Thor summon huge masses of lightening bolts as I closed my eyes. Budding energy flowed through every inch of my body, and gathered in my heart. I snapped my eyes open as I felt my insides begin to glow with the magic of the moon.

"Ready," Thor thundered, harnessing lightening.

"Yes," I said.

Thor and I's shouts melded into one as the wisps of silvery energy poured from the palms of my hands and cackles of blue from Mjölnir. Within seconds, the colossal beast and countless Chitauri had exploded into mere dust.

I turned to him with a smirk at the damage we did.

"It's nice to fight along side you once again," he laughed.

"Yeah, it's been too long since the Destroyer." I said but another swarm of Chitauri arrived through the portal. I heard Clint and Stark through my earpiece and said to Thor, "You go, I'll stay up here and call you if I need a way down."