XIV

asgard

Thor stormed towards his sister, tendrils of lightning surrounding him as he launched himself into the air

Thor stormed towards his sister, tendrils of lightning surrounding him as he launched himself into the air. He attacked, a bolt of lightening in his hands but Hela met him with equal strength and manifests pitch black shards. Thor continues to beat them back, conjuring powerful bolts of electricity. Thor thrust his sword at Hela but she jumped backwards, her back arching to block the blow causing Thor to fly over her head and onto the bridge.

I held my breath, fear pacing among me. I hesitated and that, was dangerous.

We were facing someone so powerful, someone gaining power by the second. She was a different league to us all. Our chances of winning were getting slimmer and slimmer. If I were to battle her, the likelihood of me even making a mark was slim, but...I wasn't alone, and I was doing this for Thor and his people.

I exchanged a glance with Brunnhilde and we pressed forwards since Thor was momentarily put down.

Brunnhilde kicked Hela across the face, barely knocking her then she struck. Hela blocked the blow with her arm and tossed her backwards in the same direction she threw Thor.

Mid toss, I charged forwards, my sword held high above my head. I mounted a support beam then jumped off, striking at her leg before she turned back. I was too slow. She was already in motion and conjured a black shard which I sliced down. As she stepped backwards, still throwing shards, I pressed forwards cutting down each one until we collided. I thrust my sword at her abdomen and knocked her backwards onto her back. But, as she fell, a black shard pelted at my leg, throwing me to the bridge.

I winced, my teeth gritted, leg aching from Hela's blow. As I started to push myself up, Thor pushed Hela back down, leading with a bolt of lightening and his sword to keep her at bay. He brought his sword downwards, aiming for her chest but she was quick to spin back into the air, causing Thor to strike the bridge instead.

"Go now!" Thor shouted to Heimdall and I heard the rescue ship power up. He wiped the blood off his mouth in a way that was so attractive it should not have allowed certain thoughts to come to mind the middle of the battle.

In Thor's distraction, Hela flew into the air, manifesting black shards that knocked him to the bridge.

I ran towards her while her back was turned and swiped at her head but she hit me back down, a shard thwacking into my armour. I grunted as Valyrike and Thor tried to take her but was similarly taken down.

I supported myself up with my arms and tried to get up as Hela pierced a great shard into the ship, keeping it in place. Her skeleton soldiers began to clamber up towards the spacecraft to try to get to the Asgardians.