XXI

wakanda

Thanos raised his gauntlet and snapped his fingers

"What'd you do? WHAT'D YOU DO?!" I heard Thor yell as my entire body froze, my breathing becoming rapid as Thanos collided his two fingers.

"No, we can't have lost..." I mumbled, stumbling over my words. "No, no..."

"Where'd he go? Thor...where'd he go?" said Steve, scrambling towards him.

"Steve?" A voice said nearby me, Bucky stumbled over, dropping his gun and collapsed into ashes.

My breath hitched in my throat and I looked up to see Wanda slowly crumpling, just as Bucky did. I crept towards her, body trembling with pain as I took her hand in my own.

"Wanda? No, Wanda...please," I stuttered, her face turning to me, tears staining her face as he looked away from Vision's body, her face fading into dust. "Wanda..."

And she was gone.

"Selene?" Thor's voice came and I turned around to see him bumbling towards me, confusion ebbing at his features.

"Thor, please don't leave me...not again. I can't-" I started and Thor dropped to his knees, pulling me into him softly.

"I'm not going anywhere...I promise," he said as the rest of the remaining team members gathered.

I stared at Vision's body, guilt overwhelming me. I was supposed to protect him, we were supposed to protect him.

Steve dropped to his knees, turning over Vision's corpse.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?!" Rhodey asked.

We had lost.

That's what happened.

and that concludes act 4