III

three months later

old panteleimonas

With a great grunt, I hauled one of the new tables from under the recently re-patched wooden canopy into the inside dining area. I fitted it beside the wall, careful not to get any of the drying paint on it, it would be a pain to get the cream stain off. I wiped away a droplet of sweat and went to grab the next. Soon enough the dining area was filled with tables and chairs so I grabbed a bowl of olives and sat at one by the wide window. The progress of fixing up the restaurant wasn't nearly as quick as I would have hoped due to the constant Avengers missions on taking down the HYDRA bases, still not having found Loki's sceptre.

I watched, relishing the taste of fresh hearty sea salt as members of the village walked down that footpaths, evading the small piles of rubble that still needed to be cleared away.

The Olympians were quick to mend Mount Olympus, the roof of the Pantheon was reconstructed and the bridge to the Gateway of Olympus was rebuilt. As soon as they finished there, they came straight down to Earth to help with the entirety of the country. Apollo spent a few hours helping the main areas of destruction in the village however Artemis headed straight off with her hunters and I haven't seen her since the fight. There was even a treaty created between Zeus and the Prime Minister, maintaining peace between the two realms.

Dad's boyfriend visited for a few days. There was nothing much I could do to console him in his sorrows but I was glad to see him one last time.

After swallowing the last olive, I returned to the kitchen and washed my small, ceramic bowl. Thoughts barely occupied my head during the last months, the only face I saw when I closed my eyes was my father's. I found it particularly difficult when Thor had to leave for Asgard after our infiltration of the Pereira base.

Being alone in the house was too much to bare, memories of my father lingering in every inch of it so I packed all the important things I owned and moved into my home in Olympus. Everyday since then, I'd been coming down through the Gateway of Hermes, now guarded by his twin sons, and working on patching up the restaurant.

I slipped off my shoes and stood on the new chairs to drape the vines across the top of the walls, trying to quickly get it done before sunset. The light was already fading, leaving the sky a warm orange but I managed to speed through the dining area to get it done. I scanned the room, the bare bones of it being completed, meaning my job was done.

There was only one thing keeping me here, in Old Panteleimonas, in the restaurant, and that was my father. Now that he was gone, there was nothing holding me here, nothing to keep me from fully emerging myself into my new life with Olympus and the Avengers that had been calling me ever since I turned 21, to the life that had been reaching out for me for the last 6 years.

I sold the house to a couple who rented out rooms for holiday-goers, so they could turn it into a hostel of sorts. With the restaurant, I'm still the owner but I had made Yorgos the head chef and hired another and three waiting staff. They would run the restaurant and obtain the vast majority of all it's profits.

As the sky became shrouded in a dark velvety blanket, I locked up the restaurant for probably the last time in a while. I ran my hand over the new woven chairs that basked in the moonlight and began my trek down the mountain. I tugged my jacket tighter around myself. The chilly night breeze ruffled my hair and clothes, causing me to shiver as it made contact with my goosebump ridden skin.

I clutched my bloodied hand after I opened the portal at the bottom of the mountain and stepped through it. I silently made my way through the Gate of Clouds and down the bridge to the Gateway of Olympus.