III

upstate new york

After the blood-curling conversation with Hera, I went straight to the village, checking on the people I spent my entire childhood surrounded by

After the blood-curling conversation with Hera, I went straight to the village, checking on the people I spent my entire childhood surrounded by. The streets reminded me of Olympus, eerie in their grief. I visited as many people as I could, helping where I could. Young Melissa, now a bright 16 year-old, was left to look after her younger sister, Cassandra, as their mother was taken away by the Snap. I led them to Mrs Kalista, the village's grandmother, as her husband too was taken. I was thankful, most of the village was okay.

I was sure to visit my father's grave. I hadn't been able to go for a while. After placing the bundle of gladiolus flowers beside it, I sat upon the grass until the sun dipped below the mountain.

Thor and I returned to the Avengers Compound the next day, Hera having given permission to let the Asgardians stay in Olympus for a few more weeks until they found a stable place to stay, Thor already having a sort of idea.

I was passing through the Avenger's main collective work station on the ground floor when I heard the bell from the first gates ring out across the floor. I bent over to peer at the monitor to see a women holding up a small SHIELD badge in her hand. I tapped the small button, opening the gates and made my way to the front to see her in.

"Agent Bhagat," she said, pushing her badge back into her jacket pocket.

"What can I do for you, Agent?" I asked, stepping aside to let her into the main entrance. "Any news?

"Yes, this was found next to the car Director Fury and Agent Hill were in while on their way to this compound," the Agent said, pulling out an old pager that must have been decades old.

She handed it to me and I examined it cautiously as we made made our way back into the conference room. The pager was blinking three red lights, and the screen was red and blue with a star separating the two colours.

"What's going on?" came Steve's voice as he and Natasha entered the room, Rhodey and Bruce trailing behind them.

"This pager was found by Fury and Hill's empty car, we have to assume they were taken during the Snap," I said, handing the pager to Steve. "You found it like this? Sending the message?"

"Yes, it's been like that for the last few hours," she answered.

"What is this symbol? I've never seen it before," Nat said, pointing to the star in the middle.

"We're not sure. We've ran it through out database but it pinged up nothing. If it has any connection to SHEILD, Fury must have erased it completely, keeping it private."