XI

sakaar

I strode down the violently striped halls of the Grandmaster's palace beside Valkyrie with the intent clear in our minds: start a revolution. I was still unsure whether to trust her or not despite Valkyrie describing her intense hatred for Hela. But, Thor seemed to have full confidence in her, I guess it was just my trust issues talking. I didn't really have a choice, we had to get off this deranged planet.

"So you have access to the Grandmaster's prisons?" I asked as we stepped out of the elevator and into the busting streets of Sakaar.

"No," she said, quickening her pace and weaving in between the masses of Sakaarians. "But we can fight our way into the weapons vault, steal some guns, get them out and start the revolution."

"Great, I've been itching to kick down these fuckers," I hummed, following close behind her.

"Good, we'll need that mentality if we wanna get out of here alive."

Once we reached the the Grand Area, Valkyrie tapped in a code to the side entrance and the deep green panel slid open with a THUD.

"I still don't know who you are, by the way," Valkyrie said, turning back to me before bringing down her Dragonfang onto one of the two guards in front of the entrance to corridor to the secured weapons vault.

"Oh, right," I said, drawing my sword from my back, relishing its perfect grip in my hands once again. "My name's Selene Ariti from Olympus," I huffed, slicing the leg of the second guard to bring them to their knees then crashing the hilt onto their head.

"An Olympian, huh?" She said, mild shock on her face while we started down the corridor to see two more guards running towards us after hearing the commotion. "That makes a lot of sense actually."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, kicking one of the guards in the gut then stabbing them through their armour into their arm.

"Everything about you screams Olympian, no offense," she shrugged, taking down her own guard.

"None taken," I said, quite unsure how to reply. "I could say the same to you, you didn't do a very good job to maintain inconspicuousness."

"Touché," she smirked, pulling out her sword from the guard then we found our way to the weapons vault with yet another two guards in front of it. "So, I take it this stupid grudge is over between Asgard and Olympus, especially with you and Thor evidently being a thing."

"Yeah, funny story actually, I had to help Thor become worthy of Mjölnir again, which he doesn't even have anymore, as my final Trial to bring peace to our realms," I said through clenched teeth, ducking a blow from one of the guards.

"Trial?" She asked, quirking her eyebrows as she too fought the other.

"Oh yeah, I guess that's kind of a major bit to miss out, I'm the only child of Artemis so the Twelve gave me five Trials to complete in order to stay alive," I said hurriedly, putting the guard into a headlock.

"Brutal," Valkyrie said, looking at my with her eyebrows pinched.

"Tell me about it," I said, puffing the hair out of my eyes and I tightened my hold on the guard. "Now tell me, what's the code?"

The guard said nothing.

"Maybe loosen the hold?"

"Oh yeah."

The guard panted hard and stopped writhing in my grip so I dropped him to the floor in slight sympathy.

"101969161."

Valkyrie went over to the number pad and punched in the numbers, the door sliding open. She stepped inside, grabbed one and tossed it to me.

"What about you?" I asked, looping two over my arms and holding one in my hands. "You're real name can hardly be Scrapper 142 or Valkyrie, can it?"