XVI

knowhere

Hephaestus' spaceship landed on the planet

Hephaestus' spaceship landed on the planet. It was not what I was expecting it to be, especially since it was the severed head of a celestial being. But to be honest, I should of, it had its reputation as being a safe haven with no rules or regulations, it's work in the black market of mining the organic matter out of the skull only suitable for outlaws.

Thor and I were there to visit Taneleer Tivan, the Collector, as after the events in London, Lady Sif and Volstagg brought him the Aether after getting it out of Jane, Thor's ex. We had to check that it was safe after these two years of being on this planet. Plus, it was the only Stone that we had a lead on so, we started here.

"This planet sure is...something," I said, glancing around as we weaved through the crowded streets.

Creatures from across the galaxy surrounded us which was quite shocking to see, other than the Asgardians, the Chitauri and the phenomenon that is the Hulk, my experience of life outside of Olympus and Earth was fairly limited. An alien with a great, yellowed horn pointing out of his forehead was sitting at a bar of sorts, being served by a man who looked pretty human-like. A fairground type of stall sat in the middle of the street where a family of orange creatures stood trying to win a prize of a small bag full of neon blue liquid. A couple with one person looking awfully like a Minotaur and the other like the a ninja turtle, walk hand in hand down the bustling streets.

"Indeed it is," Thor agreed, pulling me away from bumping into a creature holding a tube full of glowing green liquid. "Try not to touch anything, we don't know the effects these substances could have on us."

A group of children ran towards us, seemingly noticing our armour and sensing that we were from somewhere, well, wealthier than where we are now.

"Could you spare any units?" One little boy asked, shrouded in dirty, spare garments.

"Oh no, we're so sorry. We don't have anything," I frowned, squatting to face the boy who's features turned downcast.

"Would you perhaps like an arrow?" Thor offered, pulling one out of my quiver in a hopeful voice. "They're made out of solid silver."

The young boy shook his head and ran of along with the flurry of other children.

"Thor, why would a child want an arrow?" I asked incredulously, standing back up.

"I don't know, maybe he could sell it," he shrugged, placing the arrow back.

"That's not the type of thing they sell around here," I muttered, noticing the truck full of brain matter drive past. "But it was cute that you tried," I smiled at Thor's obviously lack of understanding of children. I pulled his hand into my own and asked, "Do you know where to find him?"

"Not exactly but I remember Volstagg mentioning something about his representative," he said, gladly threading his fingers through mine.

"Perhaps we should ask someone, someone...non-threatening looking..." I suggested as we enter an room striking an uncanny resemblance to an intergalactic casino. "Stay here and try not to get into trouble," I turned to him, releasing his hand.