Dancing & Drinking(ch.25)

Before you even knew it, James was dragging you off the couch and to where people were dancing. A slower song was now playing, one no doubt put on by Remus.

"James are you sure-" you started to ask,

"Shh" he interrupted" It's going to work, trust me" he said drunkly

"Whatever, whatever" you laughed, putting your hands up in surrender, before sliding them around his neck. Looking up at him, a pale blush dusted his cheeks and you could feel his heart beating out of his chest.

"Relax"you said with a small smile

He took a breathe"Okay, okay, i'm fine. Actually better than fine" he grinned, carefully putting his hands on your lower back

There's the arrogant James i know

The two of you swayed to the slow music, unable to look at each other without laughing.

"-what? Every time you look at me-"he started before also laughing"every time you look at me, we end up-" stopping every two seconds due to laughing that much"-shit. Okay let me, let me just restart the sentence"

"Okay " you whispered trying to hold back a laugh

"wait, what was i even saying?" he asked with a confused look on his face.

"I have no idea"

Both of you began your laughing fit once again. After a minute or two, you both recovered and took deep breathes to calm down.

"This probably wasn't the best idea to do whilst drunk" he laughed

"Hey, talk for yourself i'm not even close to being drunk yet" you retaliated

"Oh sorry, i completely forgot that your an alcoholic "he retorted sarcastically

"Bitch shut the fuck up, i am not an alcoholic. I just have a high tolerance" you boasted

He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Anyways" he said before sighing" do you think Lily likes me? Now, be honest"

Looking directly into his eyes,"James, i probably shouldn't be telling you this, however i am going to. I'm pretty sure Lily likes you like a lot and i think the reason she pretends not to, is because she likes you too much and probably is just scared."

His eyes lit up and a smile grew on his face

"Wait really?!" he beamed

"Whenever she talks about you, she always has this look, i- i-cant describe it. It's like she's saying you're annoying or whatever, but she'll be blushing as soon as someone mentions your name. It's rather cute"

He watched you intently as you talked more and more about how much Lily likes him.

~~~

After a few slow songs had played, the last one was just finishing.

"How do you even know this worked?" he asked. You looked from the corner of your eye and saw Lily, you guessed she'd been watching you both.

"Don't look now but i'm pretty sure Lily has had her gaze fixed on us the entire time we've been here" you said smugly. Once again a great grin appeared on his face and he was just about to turn his head and look. Quickly you grabbed his jaw, turning his head back to look at you.

"I said don't look you moron"you scoffed"-honestly, men. You tell them one thing, they do another" letting go of his face, he just stood there looking at you mouth slightly opened.