Amber love (ch.44)

Pushing your way through the drunk and dancing crowd of people, your eyes clicked on Sirius' figure. It was like you saw only him as a smile beamed on your face. You were gonna tell him something and everything was gonna be great. You were excited and giggly and the music was loud in your ears. Your heart was racing. A small blush was on your face and you felt warm. Butterflies erupting from the pit of your stomach. The people in the centre were dancing and jumping and everyone was laughing. Everything was great. However, the butterflies that were fluttering around, soon became crushed as a wave of dread replaced it. There, you saw Sirius with his tongue down another girls throat and his hands on her waist. They swayed to the music as the purple lights hit them highlighting them perfectly and making her pink dress stand out. For a moment you froze, unable to look away.

Your eyes were wide and a small o was formed on your face. You practically felt your heart sink as a horrible feeling knotted in your stomach. Your heart started beating fast again, as you felt your breath hitch. You had never felt like crying more in your life, but you would never cry over a boy so put on your best poker face, trying to not let the disappointment and anger and sadness show. Before anyone else saw, you turned around and once again pushed passed the people dancing, heading straight over to the drinks table.

8 hours earlier

"GRYFFINDOR IS THE BEST, RAVENCLAWS ARE KNOBHEADS!"

It was around 2pm and lunch had just ended. You Lily and the Marauders, minus Peter, all sat by your tree, that you now all collectively stated was 'the' spot.

"Will you two give it a rest!?" Lily huffed "Look i will support you guys as much as necessary but you won the game two days ago-"

"Yes which is why we're having a party tonight my lily flower," James said innocently, moving a strand of hair out of her face "You can be a little dumb sometimes you know" he chuckled

"I know why you're having a party i'm talking about how you bring up the win every two seconds-"

"It was a good win though wasn't it. Merlin, i would love to be able to watch it and see how good i played" the bespectacled boy hummed softly, his arms crossed behind his head against the tree. You all simultaneously rolled your eyes.

"James" you said getting the boys attention

"Yes my friend?"

"Shut up"  and with that his boasting stopped.
Sirius turned to you, his eyes lighting up in the sun.
"You are coming to the party aren't you?"

The long haired boy wasn't planning on getting drunk tonight, instead wanted to spend the night with you, alone away from everyone. It was his first proper Valentine's day and quite frankly he was terrified. He was completely head over heels for you. He knew it, James knew it and Remus knew it. Every morning, he wouldn't eat until he saw you enter the hall, thinking it would be rude to start without you, even if you didn't sit with him. He was aware that he was becoming attached, he was aware and didn't care. What he didn't know was that you were feeling the same. In such a short amount of time you two had become immensely close.

"Course i am, Gryffindor parties are the best"

"You can say that again" James remarked, making you quietly laugh. You loved James, he was just a loveable person. He had his moments were he was a complete arse, but he also had moments were he was a complete angel.

You looked at James and Lily, so perfect together. It was strange how much can happen in so little time. This month last year, you barely had friends other than the Slytherins, drank way too much, and was just in a complete different mental state. You were happy now. So completely happy and content. You loved the people you were surrounded by, they were the best thing that's ever happened to you. You loved seeing Lily and James together, their relationship slowly progressing further and further, if that's even possible.