1st impressions matter(ch.2)

Once you arrived back at Hogwarts your nerves died down a bit. This was unusual to you, normally you wouldn't get anxious about going back to school-it was very rare that you worried about anything, never mind school of all things. You unpacked and settled back into your room- which you had all to yourself. Your parents made sure that you had the best, one of the only good things about them really.

You were back in your Slytherin robes, and started to fix yourself up a bit. You put on a bit of black eyeliner, some dark eyeshadow and some mascara that made (y/e/c) stand out.As well as putting on your black leather boots and chunky rings on both hands. You left your hair, fixing it slightly and then you began to make sure your skirt wasn't too short. The amount of times you had gotten yelled at for it being too short was immense.It wasn't majorly short, however it was shorter than what most girls would leave it as.

I look good not gonna lie, well not my best but good enough for assembly. I hope the speech won't be too boring, its not like i haven't heard it a million times .You mentally rolled your eyes. Before heading out you sprayed your coconut & vanilla scented perfume & did one last check in the mirror.

As you made your way to the great hall, you noticed Lily talking to a few other prefects. She looked pissed off.I better go over to her and see what's happened, i swear to god if its to do with those fucking Slytherins again I'm gonna go ballistic. When you get to Lily the prefects that she were talking to scurried off, clearly because they saw you coming.

"Hey what's up?"You asked startling her, she clearly didn't see you arrive.

"y/n! Sorry I'm in my own world, um nothing I'm fine." she sighed, giving you a weak smile.

"Well thats a lie. Who we do we have to murder?" You said jokingly. The both of you laughed, knowing that you weren't actually joking.

She sighed again"Nothing major, just some 3rd year drama that's all. Apparently one of the kids set off some fireworks in the library and now its a complete mess and has been left to us to clean it all up"She let out a dramatic sigh, whilst pinching the bridge of her nose."Fucking little shits,"she laughed it off but deep down you knew she was still angry.

"That's unfortunate" You said trying to stifle a laugh.

"Your laughing"she lightly shoved you trying to not laugh herself.

"i'm not, i'm not, honestly."you claimed putting your hands in front of you."You have to admit, it is a bit funny though. I mean you have got to be the unluckiest person i know" You said both now chuckling.

"Ugh tell me about it I mean-" she was cut off by someone shouting her name. The both of you whirled around to see who was shouting her. It was coming from a tall, pale Gryffindor boy, who had round glasses and messy jet black hair. Where do i know him from? i think i recognise him but its hard to tell .who- ah yes now i remember. James Potter

"Lily! Come over here my Lily flower." He shouted again making his way over to the two of you with the rest of his group

"Oh for Godric's sake" she expressed whilst physically face palming."i cannot believe he just shouted that in front of everyone" she whispered, shaking her head in embarrassment.

"Really? i would've thought you loved public humiliation lily flower"you said sarcastically, mocking her. Her cheeks flushed bright red, she started fidgeting with her uniform straightening out her skirt.

"Oh shut up-here they come" you laughed at how her expression changed, her face was now completely unreadable, if it wasn't for her fidgeting you might of thought she was completely unbothered by the 4 boys approaching.

All of the boys were quite different. You had James, then you had another tall boy, he was slim and had light brown hair, soft features yet something dark about them, that you couldn't quite put your finger on.Remus lupin you figured. Then you had a short chubbier looking boy, who had dirty blonde hair and reminded you of a rodant.Peter Pettigrew. And that left the last boy. He was also quite tall, he too had black hair not as dark as the 1st boys though,it was just above his shoulders. Long enough to tie up .He was very striking . He's Sirius Black.

When the group got to you they all looked gobsmacked, jaws practically on the floor. They obviously hadn't seen you before they came over. They all just stared at you not even paying any attention to Lily which you could see angered her.

You cleared your throat "I'll leave you too it then. Good luck" you said raising your eyebrows for a second, a smirk imprinted on your face. With that comment, Lily snapped out of her emotionless demeanour and was quickly replaced with a fully red face. You laughed a little, and walked past the group of boys. Whilst walking to the great hall you could feel their gazes glued to your back. You decided to ignore it and focus on getting past the big crowd of 1st years.

They all watched you walk away from them, slightly stunned."Ugh snap out of it will you!?" Lily exclaimed. Clicking her fingers in front of the boys, tearing their attention away from you.

Remus was the first to speak."She smelled like coconuts, i love coconuts"he said dreamily.

"Remus!" lily shouted, crossing her arms out of frustration.

"Right sorry " he quickly replied shaking his head and properly waking up.

"What were you,doing talking to (y/n) (l/n)?" James questioned, his eyebrows furrowed together in confused

"She's my friend, what's the big deal?"

"She's only the fittest girl in our year " he replied, to get elbowed in the rib by Lily.He nearly doubled over in pain but quickly picked himself back up.

"No need to worry my Lily flower i only have eyes for you" He remarked making a heart shape with his hands. Lily rolled her eyes, however if you looked closely you could see a light pink dusting her cheeks.

"She's not only the prettiest girl in our year but she's the meanest too. i heard she put someone in the hospital wing just because she was bored." Peter exclaimed, his eyes on the floor.

"Oh c'mon, that's literally a rumour"

"I've never seen her before" Sirius confessed, though it was actually a lie. He had seen you, only ever admiring you from afar being too unsure whether to actually talk to you.

"I don't have time for this" Lily huffed rolling her eyes "Now please leave me alone. And don't bug y/n, i don't want you scaring her off"

"Scare off? I'm offended at that comment Evans" Potter gasped faking a broken heart whilst putting his arms around Remus and Sirius.

"Yeah like we'd ever scare her off. And who knows maybe she'd rather hang out with us, guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we eh?"Sirius responded , a playful look to his face.

"Yes i guess we will"

Lily was rather keen on them not becoming your friends, she didn't even want them in her life nevermind yours. At the moment dearest James was getting on her nerves more than usual and it was only the first day back.

At school you had a rather odd reputation. No one knew much about you. They'd only ever see you when you wanted to be seen, or when you were putting someone in the hospital wing. Though, you were a  Slytherin and everyone always made sure to stay clear of the Slytherins.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Authors note) Yo this is my 3rd chapter, i hope the story is okay so far. Any opinions on it please leave a comment as i just want to improve my writing. thank you & goodbye friends